Magwitch
    "This new design will draw people in......." Said the spider to the fly
  • wifibandit
  • goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

i just barfed in my mouth.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Is this new Kingdom Hall design what I'm seeing featured on page 16 of the 2015 Yearbook?

Looks rather like a Starbucks-- how convenient would that be?

• label licker
    label licker
    If the cult for one second thought of their followers knowing times are tough and money is tight for many, why wouldn't they build on additions to their halls without having to sell and start over? Maybe add on a solarium if they wanted it to look fancy. It's all about $$$$$$$$$. No need to rebuild a whole entire kingdom hall just to draw in one or two stragglers off the street.
  • Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

My KH is the local grocery store, I worship there at least two times per week.  The District Convention is Costco, and the parking lot is always full of loyal lovers of Shopping.  You can feel the holy spirit of bargains permeating the whole place, walking up and down the aisles and finding a favorite brand of mayo at a great low price.

The Friends (cashiers) always greet me and let me know they are happy to see me.  The elders (customer service managers) always make sure I get what I came for and special order anything for me.  

Yes, whether retail or wholesale, whether in a brick n mortar store or virtual, our spiritual needs are met by finding good businesses who want to make us repeat customers.  

Marina

• Shanagirl1
    Shanagirl1

WT is looking for free laborers.

Shanajavascript:EmotionsDialog.insert('rose.gif','emotions_dlg.amazed');

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

Very interesting. Some thoughts and speculations.

To really accomplish the franchise model they will need to pop up a lot of kh's in the next few years for a real brand impact. Watch for 1000 halls being constructed or remodeled in the next 3 years.  I would venture to say that they will try to first quickly consolidate many halls and then sell the old ones off to fund the Mc model. 

if it is a storefront design the halls will likely be situated in a highly trafficked commercial area. This will require many halls in the old residential areas to be sold off. I'd bet that having a storefront presence in a highly trafficked area will result in more vandalism incidents.

Finally, this new arrangement is going to alienate many publishers and elders who took much pride in participating in their rbc projects. I knew of many pioneers who got virtually all of their time through rbc projects. They don't have the stomach for door to door so watch for a decrease in the regular pioneer ranks.

siam

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

special meeting to be presented on Saturday, January 31, 2015, at 3:00 p.m. EasternStandard Time (EST) to all elders and circuit overseers in the United States branch.

Any Elders on here planning to attend?  We look forward to your comments.

• cappytan
    cappytan

So, did anyone attend? 

Anyone have a report?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit