I did it, I did it, I did it! Yah, yah yah!

by COMF 35 Replies latest social physical

• COMF
    COMF

I've been on vacation for the past week. I elected to stay home and devote my time to getting several projects accomplished around the house. I made myself a solemn vow that come what may, I was absolutely going to get a table built for my patio this week. As of 7:00 PM this evening (Sunday, last day of vacation), it and the benches are done. Yeaaaaah!

I stuck my neck out on the chopping block by inviting all of my extended family to Thanksgiving at my new home this year. That's my brother, his wife and their five children including the married one, her husband and their baby; my sister, her husband and their three kids, my other sister and her two kids, and my mom. Given the possibility of one or both of my own kids being here as well (still tentative), we could have 21 folks traipsing about looking for seating. That's why the picnic table was a big deal to me. I chose a pattern in an octagon shape that seats eight, with four angled two-seater benches separate from the table. I'm very happy with the result; more so than I expected to be.

It means a lot to me to be able to do woodworking again. It was a big hobby of mine from 1980 to 1990, but then I moved and got busy with other things and the tools gradually went by the wayside. I've had my sights on having a woodworking shop again for the past three years, and finally I'm there!

Sorry about the darkness of the pictures. The shots are of my patio, and even with all the lights on it didn't show up very well.

• Mac
    Mac

Good Job!!!!!!!! (mac->helps comf pat back)

mac

• gumby
    gumby

Lots and lots of carriage bolts I see!. Very nice job. Did you cut the octagon shape for the top of the table AFTER it was put together....or pre-cut each one before adding each board?

• shera
    shera

Nice job....

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Goal completed...Congrats!.... now ...do you live near L.A.? ... I could use one of those sets (I hate talented people...but I'll make an exception with you Comf)

• COMF
    COMF

Mac... thanks! It was difficult to get my arm around there...

Gumby, here's your answer:

Shera, cute pic! Is that you or one of yours?

Double Edge, I'm in Dallas. Sorry about that!

• LB
    LB

Nice table. Gonna oil it for protection??

• Beans
    Beans

See, Jehovah provides us with the wood and the spiritual guidance of a carpenter gives us the knowledge to put it all together!

Beans

Canadian District Overbeer

• TR
    TR

Good job COMF!

But I thought this thread was going to be about finally asking Dr. Maria out.

TR

• LB
    LB

How true TR, I already forgot about Dr. Hottie.

Maybe that's why he picked up hammer and nails? Sexual frustration???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit