I did it, I did it, I did it! Yah, yah yah!

by COMF 35 Replies latest social physical

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

TR, I thought so too.

Great job Comf. Your relatives are going to be so impressed.

• nilfun
    nilfun

Wow....table set looks great!

I'm another one who thought I was going to read an update about the doctor...

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Nice Table Comf. And those benches look like they were not easy to make. wow

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Capt'n,

I also share your fondness for woodworking. Understand the lust for a well equipped workshop.

Funny, I noticed in the picture the 2.3hp Circular Skilsaw the exact same model I recently purchased, it was my second choice, I really wanted the worm drive model, but for the amount of useage and price the later a better value.

The right tools simply a must, before starting any project.

I enjoyed reading your obvious pride and satisfaction in completing the project. Something about building with your own hands.........it is almost theraputic. Was grinning, real wide, right along with you Fred.

Danny

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

Just remember, Danny, saws and wine don't mix.

Yeah...I read that post the other day

Andee

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

Almost forgot.

Comf,

Great job!

Andee

What is a good brand of tools? I'm looking for a jig saw.

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Hello Andee,

Good advice. Iam careful not to mix to many power tool's with wine tasting. In fact the only tool that could be considered power we used was a 'bladder press' that uses water pressure to accomplish the second crush of the grapes.

So it is quite safe during this process to embibe. At least that is what we tell ourselves! I know excuses, excuses. A guy has to to do what a guy has to do.......you should know Andee...we are all alike, when it comes to power tools and such.

Capt'n Comf will probably answer your question about the jigsaw.........but just in case.....depending entirely on the job you have to do, I will assume it is not to complicated a pattern, you can't go wrong with a Craftsman (Sears) or even a Black and Decker (I don't think they make as good a tool as they used to) but if it is just a project or two it will do.

Are you ready for Christmas? Iam really looking forward to the holiday's. Like Comf I usually end up cooking the bird and having friends and family over.........but I love the damn thing.

Danny

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

Thanks Danny.

I was thinking Craftsman. Mostly for simple projects but who knows in the future. I like making my own stuff whenever possible. I just designed and created a very beautiful window treatment for our bedroom out of tea dyed lace, tulle, ribbon, and PVC pipe. What a gal can do with hot glue and a staple gun! I'm like Martha Stewart without the insider trading.

Christmas? Ready? Well, I was just thinking I had better start planning. I am known for my Cinnamon raisin bread and eggnog cookies. My kitchen is a production line during the holidays and I'm always exhausted. But, the house smells wonderful!

Andee

• riz
    riz

wow comf, great job!

you should be damn proud of your accomplishment it looks awesome.

• mamashel
    mamashel

Nice job comfy, the house looks really nice too!

mamashel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit