I hope this is a friendly place

by truman 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Esmeralda
    Esmeralda

Hi Truman,

Just adding my hello and welcome to the chorus. I hope that you'll like it here, you'll
    certainly be among many who know what you're going through.

*hugs*
    Esmeralda

The Four Agreements:
    Be Impeccable With Your Word
    Don't Take Anything Personally
    Don't Make Assumptions
    Always Do Your Best

• TR
    TR

Welcome Truman!

You'll soon become addicted to this forum if you aren't already. But hey, there's no requirements or quotas to be met, except halfway decent behavior. Look at me, I'm almost halfway decent!

TR

• neyank
    neyank

Hello Truman,
    Welcome to the board.
    I can't add anything else to what's already been said.
    You've been given some good advice. Take it slow and easy.
    I know it comes as a shock to think you can be duped by a man made orginization,
    but the fact is most of us here were fooled into believing the WTS was from God
    and had His backing.
    Whenever I saw something in the news (t.v., newspapers) about a cult and how
    they controlled their followers, I always thought, how foolish can those people be?
    Why didn't they check out the religion better?
    How can they give up their right to be guided by their own concience?

And then I realized I was doing the same things that those people that got
    themselves involved in a cult were doing.
    All I can say right now is READ,READ, and after that READ some more.
    One thing to remember is, real "truth" can stand up to any investigation.
    And Gods truth doesn't change.

neyank

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Welcome to the board Truman,
    I can relate to those feelings you mentioned. It is very scary. Like having a rug ripped out from under your feet.
    All these new and scary thoughts run through your head. Especially the logistics of what to do about the family. And what they will think and do.
    Just keep reading and growing!!!
    Had Enough,
    Welcome to you too!!!
    TW

• agent2863
    agent2863

Welcome Truman, I'm still kinda a newbie on this board myself. I've never been a JW. I'm just a concerned christian who's been hangin' around. I love The Matrix. See ya around!

• hippikon
    hippikon

Wellcome Wellcome Wellcome. Your distinctivenes will be added to our own. Loved the trueman analogy. Never thought of it like that and I loved it. Im only new hear myself but it has been very theraputic. Before I was full of hate but now I laugh at it all. (psychedelic Furs) Bye the way Im a mole. I still go to the meetings and stuff but Im a secret Athiest now. I do as larc sujested

He did not bring up doctrine or argue. He would plant seeds of doubt by saying that he was puzzled by something to get his family to think for themselves about different issues

Its a fine line sometimes but can be a lot of fun

• nojw86
    nojw86

HI Truman(((((((WELCOME ABOARD))))) Iam a newbie too, but a happy one. My famly and I walked out many yrs ago, but posting on here and reading everyone's posts has proved more valuable than the meetings we all attended. It takes time for all of us when we know that the rug has been pulled out from under us, we heal in time because we need to and because we want to. Nojw, (little lulu says all JW are a little lu lu) LOL

• joelbear
    joelbear

Hi Truman,

My advice is don't do anything hasty. Begin building a support network for yourself outside of the witness organization and let things flow naturally.

hugs

Joel

• trevor
    trevor

Hello Trueman,

I thought you were referring to the 'Wizard of Oz'
    when you spoke of an old man pulling levers.

You are in a difficult position. You will have to read all the available
    information that you can and be very certain of the consequences
    of expressing doubts. Reading the post on this forum from others who
    have walked the same road, will help you to understand what is involved.
    My advice is to say as little as possible for now, while you do your research
    and make new friends.

• patio34
    patio34

Hi again Truman,

In reference to your son being a bethelite and ms, I just wanted to share my experience just today. My son, ex-bethelite, pioneer, and ms is visiting me for a month and was just told last night about my quitting mtgs a month ago.

At first he took it well, but today told me he loved me, worried about me, and that he did not want to hear anything about my doubts. Also, to be careful not to read anything that "would offend Jehovah."

I was upset for a while, but reading the posts on here have helped me get past this hurdle.

I hope your investigatory trip goes well. Keep in touch.

Patio

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit