4 Minimus

by Pathofthorns 22 Replies latest jw friends

• breeze
    breeze

I agree... the super long posts that try to make points arn't mostly well thought out...opinions mostly of another site or author...

The thing I don't get is how many of these posters think they can get the truth about a subject anywhere unless it is how to boil water.

All of this is just our opinions. Sometimes the simpliest questions can inspire you to think. I do think there is a competition to get more posts between some of you at the risk of much repetition?

The net is full of nonsense stuff and isn't can't be taken too seriously.

NONE OF YOU ARE THE GENIUSES THAT YOU THINK YOU ARE????

I just want to be friends with all of you so I am going to be quiet for while, I have shown my ignorance enough for now.

I get that many are young and have strong feelings about things that they don't understand. The government as open as it is, will never allow the regular Johns to have all the information to make a good decision anyway, face it.

Keep it lite....

ME the stupid idiot...

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Path,

My respect for you grows with every post you make. The reasonable yet pointed arguments you make are very refreshing to read.

Minimus,

I made a comment once about the number of threads you initiate. At the time I felt that you were causing the board to scroll faster than it should, not allowing for other discussions to get maximum input. I have reevaluated my stance.

I see now that what Path and Pettyand other's have said, is really very true. It is these very questions you ponder that allows people to freely participate, without fear of immediate censor, or attack for taking an opposing view.

Danny

• Englishman
    Englishman

Minimus is an ankle biter!

He also has a gift for getting people into good discussions.

Yup, I'm inviting him to me next barbie!

Englishman.

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Good post path. I get to see and meet a lot of B.S. golf teachers and I just walk away from them as they ruin potential golfers with their so-called knowledgable crap. They make learning golf difficult and frustrating rather than SIMPLE!

Guest 77

• searcher
    searcher

It seems that Minimus is one of the few people on the board to realise that the board is also for,

' ALMOST ' Ex - JW '

Simple questions, with thought provoking answers are, IMHO, the way to gently start someone on the path of discovery.

Anyone ever notice that teachers with doctorates dont teach at kindergarten ?

I have the greatest respect for the ones who do long intense posts packed with information, but try and get a dub to accept all that and you will just be trying to force a quart into a pint pot.

Break the waverers in gently, then they will be able to get into the deep stuff as they move further out. Minimus' thought provoking , simple posts make good first reading.

searcher.

ps. Of course, if you are just of the type who likes to attack people..........................

s.

• Brummie
    Brummie

I appreciate Minimus too, though I think its also ok to critisize him, I guess the more posts and main threads you create the more you open yourself up to critisizm. Minimus has proven he can take the flack.

Brummie

• Black Man
    Black Man

Minimus:

Keep 'em coming, man. I dig the posts. The point of a DISCUSSION BOARD is to have......DISCUSSIONS. Your questions make it so......peace.

• SLOAN
    SLOAN

MIN,

I'm new but quite fond of you already. I appreciate what a good sense of humor you keep despite some being soo NASTY to you. I too enjoy your threads!!! Keep posting and they'll keep reading.

PATH, Great thoughts!! I agree with you totally. Very nicely put. I was thinking along the same lines myself. About how those bitching and complaining see who starts the thread and if they think Min. sucks soo much why do they bother opening up anything he writes. Some people...sheesh!!! LOL

• ballistic
    ballistic

Minimus, can you ask Bob some of your questions and report back?

http://www.resort.com/~banshee/Misc/8ball/index.html

I asked bob... will minimus ask you questions? Bob said "yes".

• kelpie
    kelpie

i have recently started reading archives and I too have found min's posts to be good ones. I am just new to leaving the borg and still have alot of the guilt feelings. The disussion board has helped my eyes to be open and for me really to look inside myself to see what i believe

Thank you to all and especially to simon for putting up with our crap and having this forum/chat room avaliable to struggling new exists.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit