Do You Believe In God Or Not?

by minimus 104 Replies latest jw friends

• Mackin
    Mackin

czarofmischief said:

Is there a god? Yes.

That is how I know that He exists, because He answers my prayers. One way or another, in due time. Not just in mere coincidental curcumstance, but in emotional support (allowing me to forget my money worries and sleep) and other ways.

How do you know that you've not answered your own prayers? How do you know that the "peace of mind" you experience is not your own doing.

I sleep soundly at night and I'm an athiest. How do you explain that?

Mackin.

Edited by - Mackin on 6 November 2002 3:36:50

• blackout
    blackout

Hi Im new

I still believe in a higher force or a creating force or something, but what about spirits, lots of people see them is it all in their minds?

• blackout
    blackout

Actually Ive been thinking that if we're made in gods image , then maybe there's lots of gods out there in that big universe and they all have their own little experimental earths and they are watching us like ant farms and seeing what we do when this or that happens and what results they get. Then they stir up the weather or set something in place that may cause a reaction. They are all individuals and have different personalities, some interfere a lot others let their little earth take its own path. Its a thought after all we are a very scientific world!

• minimus
    minimus

Blackout and other New Ones, Welcome here!!! For many, belief in "god" is troublesome isn't it?

• Englishman
    Englishman

God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh.
    Voltaire (1694 - 1778)

Englishman.

• freeman
    freeman

I have no problem with the existence of God, just dont as me to prove it, I cant. And I wont ask you to prove his existence either because I already know you cant. That said however, I could never call myself an atheist, as atheists are SURE there is no God. I on the other hand have no definitive proof one way or the other. The evidence suggests no, but then maybe all the evidence is not in yet.

Personally if I ever do find out there is a God, Im going to have a pretty stern talk with him. Im a bit upset that he has allowed the world to reach the state its currently in. And what about his supposed channel he is using which is embodied in the FDS of the Watchtower. So whats with all the child rapist running amuck in the Watchtower, and then the Tower covering it all up? He really needs to do something about that, and fast!

Im also a bit upset that evolution blows away not only the creation account but also everything after that. That makes me wonder why do we need a savior if we didnt inherent sin from Adam in the first place? See the logic?

Life was so much simpler when I believed without really thinking things through. Sometimes I yearn for the old days.

Freeman

• HoChiMin
    HoChiMin

minimus;

When a person is in good standing as a Jehovah's Witness, he follows the organization's rules and ideals and beliefs.

It does seem like a simple premise that one can remain in good standing as a Witness and not believe in a god. What part of that don't you understand? You, yes even you, are in good standing and violate many of their rules and just being on this board is one of them. You choose not to confess your so-called sins to the men in charge. Anyone that does not believe in god can do the same thing for years and get away with it, although I don't know why they would.

HCM

edited to add quote.

Edited by - hochimin on 6 November 2002 11:32:40

• rem
    rem

Freeman,

I could never call myself an atheist, as atheists are SURE there is no God.

This is not true. Most atheists are not sure there is no god. The only thing atheists have in common is that they don't believe in any gods. There is a big difference between not believing in gods and knowing there are no gods.

rem

• minimus
    minimus

Based on the definition, I'm really not in good standing,HO.

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

To be publicly known as a Jehovah's Witness and yet not believe in God is oxymoronic!

IW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit