Two witness rule IS A MAJOR PROBLEM

by LFitzwater 41 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

Well they should go to the police first, but unfortunetly that's NOT how JW's are trained!!!!

Ven

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Welcome Bruce, Welcome to the board. I wish you would put this on the main forum as NEW POST in addition to this reply to Laura. It is very moving. The emotions and the reasons for the emotions are very well put.

One of the key reasons for me starting to post is the downplaying by some of the 2 witness rule.

Oouuch! I guess that meant me. Bruce as you can see in the comments above this can easily degenerate into what is called here a flame war. I refuse to get involved in that. That is why I refused to get involved in and encouraged others to drop the Bill vs Ray threads.

Undermining the 2 witness rule in the slightest way is striking at the very heart of the Silentlambs cause.

The two witness rule is a WT theology that certainly affects publishers, elders and victims of abuse within the congregation causing great harm, as I said above to Laura. Why this "2 witness rule" is the "heart of the Silentlambs cause" I do not understand. Why do our efforts hinge on proving a theological dogma wrong rather than concentrating on a corporation's flagrant refusal to comply with the laws of the land? If their dogma needs to change we will not accomplish that in a court of law. But we can get them convicted in a court of law and thereby force them to change their dogma. Please lets discuss this privately first. I love and respect you and your family so much I feel it best not to discuss this further here for fear that this will become hurtful in some way to us or Silentlambs. Helping those who have suffered is the "main issue". Your comments on this thread are one of the best I have seen in helping these people. From the heart. Glad you posted it and hope to hear from you more. Jst2laws

Edited by - Jst2laws on 12 November 2002 6:37:40

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit