Two witness rule IS A MAJOR PROBLEM

by LFitzwater 41 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• wednesday
    wednesday

Bruce, well it's not an apologiy for the WTS, but it helps to know that some of the elder body are beginning to realize what molestation and rape do to a persons mind. Dear,.God, i can feel the pain of that young sister who drove herself in front of a truck. Being a SL myself, i can tell u there are many more stories out there in the naked city. If it happened to me-it happened to someone else.

TY for your post. It gives me some comfort to hear eldres speak up this way..

• Mulan
    Mulan

Bruce!! Welcome to the board. Nice to have your input.

Also I believe that Legislatures need to remove the statute of limitations on sex crimes, everywhere!

Amen to that!! How do we get this done?

Everyone made some great points on this subject. In my opinion, the bottom line, is "report it to the police" and then go to the elders, if you feel you must. If the person is arrested, you better believe the elders will take it seriously.

Edited by - mulan on 8 November 2002 19:27:3

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Welcome to the board Bruce. I enjoyed reading your post very much.

Thank you.

• SLOAN
    SLOAN

WELCOME~WELCOME~WELCOME BRUCE BAKER!

What a GREAT post!!! It is ABSURD to me that some are arguing that the 2 Witness policy is NOT a problem. What planet are they from; HELLO!!!

IT IS ONE OF THE MAIN PROBLEMS!!!!!!! How can any intelligent person argue otherwise.

You make some very good points BRUCE and I look forward to reading more from you!!

• Mulan
    Mulan

Okay, let's not start attacking a person's intelligence. I think everyone here has a right to express their opinions, without their integrity or their intelligence being questioned.

You have your opinion, I have mine, everyone else has theirs. Some are the same, many are different. So what?? I quit an organization that demanded conformity. I don't like it, and shudder when people on this board act like everyone has to agree with their opinions.

I also don't want to be shunned or treated like a second class citizen if I happen to have a different opinion. Okay??

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    There is no such thing as a two witness rule when it comes to crime such as child abuse and anyone that uses this a defense to protect the accused simply does not understand scripture.

I just want to highlight again what Joseph said above in his response. I've also posted this before and imo is the root of the problem with WT policy. There is no, and never has been, any scriptural basis for this rule. They twisted the intention of the scriptures in order to make up these stupid laws in the first place. Obviously.

• alamb
    alamb

Welcome Bruce and family!!!!!

You have been a wonderful encouragement to this lamb and I want to thank you and hope you find some comfort here as I have.

Hugs to the wifey!!!!!!!

*Hello from lil' Bruce*

• SLOAN
    SLOAN

Struck a nerve eh MULAN.

At least I know what I believe and I'm not afraid to SAY IT!!!!
    Don't scold me!!!!!! I have the right to say what I want to!

• CoolBreeze
    CoolBreeze
    IT IS ONE OF THE MAIN PROBLEMS!!!!!!! How can any intelligent person argue otherwise

Ok, I guess I must be stupid then.

I don't recall the Catholics having a two witness rule, but I do believe they have a bit of a problem in the same area. Some people seem not to undersatnd that those decrepid old dust farting reptiles in Brooklyn and their cronies are directly responsible for this travesty. If the two witness rule were done away with, do you realy think they would hesitate to twist another bit of scripture so suit their needs?

Their only desire is to shield themselves and their evil corrupt organization from public reproach, and they will use any means possible. The two witness rule is but ONE effective means of doing so, and others would be found to replace it if it were gotten rid of.

Until the vile reptiles, their minions, and their organization are done away with the only recourse is to report crime to the police not the elders.

In my opinion, if there is ONE rule or teaching that is the root of this evil it would be the admonition to "Keep from bringing reproach upon Jehovah's Visible Organization".

What planet are they from; HELLO!!!

I'm from the third rock from the sun, where people are allowed to hold all sorts of opinions of their OWN.

But hey, that's just my non-intelligent ignorant opinion which on this public forum we are ALL entitled to.

Anton

Edited by - coolbreeze on 9 November 2002 20:37:44

• SLOAN
    SLOAN

I just wanted to say that I had NO intentions of offending anyone here!! As you can see, I feel VERY strongly about this issue. My point is; that the 2 Witness policy IS a problem. I do NOT believe it is the ONLY problem nor do I believe that if policy is changed that all problems surrounding this issue will simply vanish. I DO however, believe and KNOW that a child molester is NOT going to molest a child in front of 2 eyewitnesses. That's my point plain and simple. Again, I apologize if I did not make that point clear in my previous post. That is my stand.

Anton,

You and I have discussed this issue in the past and you know that I value your opinions and do not think you are stupid or unintelligent!!!!! I also thought; .....maybe I misunderstood: but that you also agreed that a child molester would not be so stupid as to commit this act in front of witnesses. That is my ONLY point here. I treasure and value you as a friend and again apologize if I offended you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit