Could the Independent Inquiry in England and Wales expose jw.org's child abuse failures? And how can we help?

by defender of truth 69 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

Don't worry, Defender of Truth.

I was born in England, my family were baptised in England, I recall much of my abuse in England.......I'll email right away.

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

Okay defender of truth. Just sent a fairly substantial email, but not a vitriolic one.

I have my British passport still and permanent residency in Australia. I do hope this helps in some small way.

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

Just received an email about an hour ago. Not bad hey? They will gather information as I as was born there and my family were baptised there.......You never know what may come out of such things.....I just want change, complete apologies, redress for all victims and less power to do the damage they have done....

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

Well done UmbertoEcho..

You're an inspiration to us all :)

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

Please pass on this link to anyone you know in the UK, or post it on Facebook etc.

Thank you :)

www.csa-inquiry.independent.gov.uk/share-your-experience

• defender of truth
  • notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    Just got my response from them, they say they logged my suggestion.
  • defender of truth
    defender of truth

BTTT

Purpose
    To consider the extent to which State and non-State institutions have failed in their duty of care to protect children from sexual abuse and exploitation; to consider the extent to which those failings have since been addressed; to identify further action needed to address any failings identified; to consider the steps which it is necessary for State and non-State institutions to take in order to protect children from such abuse in future; and to publish a report with recommendations.
    In doing so to:
    Consider all the information which is available from the various published and unpublished reviews, court cases, and investigations which have so far concluded;
    Consider the experience of survivors of child sexual abuse; providing opportunities for them to bear witness to the Inquiry, having regard to the need to provide appropriate support in doing so;
    Consider whether State and non-State institutions failed to identify such abuse and/or whether there was otherwise an inappropriate institutional response to allegations of child sexual abuse and/or whether there were ineffective child protection procedures in place;
    Advise on any further action needed to address any institutional protection gaps within current child protection systems on the basis of the findings and lessons learnt from this inquiry;
    Disclose, where appropriate and in line with security and data protection protocols, any documents which were considered as part of the inquiry;
    Liaise with ongoing inquiries, including those currently being conducted in Northern Ireland and Scotland, with a view to (a) ensuring that relevant information is shared, and (b) identifying any State or non-State institutions with child protection obligations that currently fall outside the scope of the present Inquiry and those being conducted in the devolved jurisdictions;
    Produce regular reports, and an interim report by the end of 2018; and
    Conduct the work of the Inquiry in transparent a manner as possible, consistent with the effective investigation of the matters falling within the terms of reference, and having regard to all the relevant duties of confidentiality.

www.csa-inquiry.independent.gov.uk/terms-of-reference

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

Just received a reply from the Independent Inquiry. They have logged the information I've sent and may consider investigating Jehovah's Witnesses. Who knows what could happen years from now?
    More importantly though, I would like to again thank UmbertoEcho for finding the strength to share her story with the Inquiry, especially after everything she's been through..
    Here's to you, Juliette :)
    And here's to all the survivors who have shared their stories in times past, those brave people who would not be silenced...You are all heroes.
  • Paul Bonanno
    Paul Bonanno
    Since I attended the Ministerial Training School in Surrey UK (1989 - 2nd class) I wrote to the commission and informed them with the instructions that we were told how to deal with "allegations of child abuse" always to contact the legal desk and never to refer them to the local authorities (police).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit