Could the Independent Inquiry in England and Wales expose jw.org's child abuse failures? And how can we help?

by defender of truth 69 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

The panel are currently considering what specific institutions will be looked into by the Inquiry.

Your suggestion that the Inquiry should look into the Jehovah's Witness religion has been logged and may be considered further.

Excellent news. I hope that others here will join us in emailing the Independent Inquiry, and ask them to investigate Jehovah's Witnesses. The more suggestions that are logged, the better!

(I mentioned the Charity commission inquiry in my most recent email.)

Please help out, people..

The ongoing Australian Royal commission exposé of their 'medieval' child abuse policies did not happen by magic..

Email:

contact@csa-inquiry.independent.gov.uk

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

BTTT

Is there even one more person on here that would like to send a brief email, in order to help the Independent Inquiry to see that there are more than a few people who are concerned about the dangerous way JW's handle child abuse cases and reappoint pedophiles to positions of trust??

Please, even just a simple email asking them to investigate the Jehovah's Witnesses..

(adding a reference or link may not make a difference, but can't do any harm)

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Sent an E-mail, in which I pointed out that as the JW's do not have a satisfactory programme for protecting the vulnerable, and as the church does not deal properly with allegations, more often than not failing to report them, the General Public are at risk due to the JW's Door to Door evangelizing.

I have received an e-mail noting receipt of mine, and await a fuller reply.

• maksutov
    maksutov

I just sent this:

Hello,

I understand you are currently considering which institutions to investigate as case studies in your inquiry. I would like to recommend that you include Jehovah's Witnesses as one of your case studies, as they have consistently refused to make improvements to their child protection policies (believing as they do, that their archaic and inflexible interpretation of the Bible is superior to "worldly" best practice).

You are no doubt aware that the JWs were included as a case study in the Australian Royal Commission, which exposed the severity of the situation (their policies and practices are pretty much identical in every country in which they operate).

Thank you for considering this request, and I send my best wishes and support for your work over the coming years. I am hopeful that it will have a positive impact on the lives of many children.
  • defender of truth
    defender of truth

Thank you Phizzy and Maksutov.

Keep the emails rolling in.. ;)

• defender of truth
    defender of truth
    BTTT.. Has anybody else sent an email asking the Inquiry to investigate the Jehovah's Witnesses organisation?
  • notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    BTTT.. Has anybody else sent an email asking the Inquiry to investigate the Jehovah's Witnesses organisation?

I did, a few days ago...no answer.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

NSWTG they do say that they will answer your e-mail within 2 weeks (?).

Please, will some more folks e-mail ?

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Quote from their site:

In conducting its work, the Inquiry is liaising with the Australian Royal Commission into Institutional Child Sexual Abuse, with the Independent Jersey Care Inquiry, with the Historical Institutional Abuse Inquiry in Northern Ireland, and with the Scottish Inquiry into Historical Abuse of Children in Care. Together the inquiries have much to learn from each other.

They are well aware of the ARC already which is good and liaising with it.

I think it will need a couple of real cases of abuse from the UK much like the Australian inquiry for them to get their teeth into if you want it to be featured.

But then if they closely liaising with other inquiries like the RCA they may not want to rehash the same turf and may choose to go a different route. I hope they rehash it of course and equally as in depth as the ARC did.

• defender of truth
    defender of truth
    I think it will need a couple of real cases of abuse from the UK much like the Australian inquiry for them to get their teeth into if you want it to be featured.

Ever heard of Karen Morgan?

www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/jehovah-cult-kicked-out---8891636

Let us hope.. :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit