My Humble Uneducated Opinion!

by 68storm 31 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• teejay
    teejay

Hello, 68storm.

First off... I must agree with my fellow posters and say what an excellent post! Just excellent. I was raised a Dub (from the age of five) and left only a few years ago. What you've said here is so accurate it's funny.

Secondly, you asked:

Where do you think this post belongs? and how can I put it there. (please refrain from answering if you are going to mention a dark body cavity.)

Here's how: go to your original post (or any of YOUR posts) and click on the edit icon (the one just to the right of the date... the one with the pencil). It will take you to a screen that has a drop-down menu at the top which will allow you to change the topic to the proper forum Friends, where this one surely belongs.

On the other hand, as long as folks are posting to this thread, it will stay on the "Active" page, so in the end, you may not have to do anything.

Again, very good observations.

• Bona Dea
    Bona Dea

68storm,

Welcome!! Wow, you sound almost like a carbon copy of me:)

I think you write well, and if you hadn't just told us about your lack of education, none of us would've ever guessed. Anyhow, my husband is a non-baptized publisher; I am a never been, never will be JW. I, too, have found myself wasting enormous amounts of time just reading, researching, and digging up all kinds of dirt on this cult (and just cults in general)...to no avail. My husband pays absolutely no attention whatsoever to anything negative that can be said about the WTS. I feel sometimes that I am obsessed with it. I just want so badly for this all to go away and my life be normal again. I guess I feel (wish) that if I read enough bad stuff about the JWs, that it will somehow seep through me and hit my husband .

We have two small children, and he tries his best to drench their little minds with this nonsense. It is maddening. I feel so helpless/hopeless. I profess no belief in any particular religion, yet carry my kids to a church every chance I get, just so they can see that the people there are just ordinary people...not evil, demonic, gonna-be-vulture-fodder that the JWs (most of whom have never even set foot in a church) paint them out to be.

I, too, felt the same way at the only memorial service that I ever attended. I almost cried. I felt like I was slapping Jesus Christ in the face when I passed that plate on by me.

Again, Welcome...

Bona

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit