My Humble Uneducated Opinion!

by 68storm 31 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• 68storm
    68storm

Hello All !

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your valued input on this board. I will never forgive you for making it almost impossible for me to give up coming here. This turned out to be like a drug for a weak willed person like myself.(Still a smoker even though the evidence is so overwhelming that it will shorten my life. At least I do not hope for everlasting life on earth.

Allow me to make it clear, that I am not now or ever have been a jw. I do not post much to this board, but have tried to read as much as my time will allow. The reason that I have a keen interest about this group,is the fact that I had the misfortune(sorry if I offend some by the use of some weird demonic term) of meeting and falling in love with a young lady "RAISED IN THE TRUTH". This was over 30 years ago. We had been married for 25 years.

When we met, her loving parents had asked her to leave their spiritual home because she was not towing the line. Imagine that. Her not transforming into R2D2 or 3CPO, was a horrible thing in the eyes of their Jehovah, but her loving believing father was ok in his eyes, for repeatedly raping his own daughter from the time she was 7 years old. I guess this makes sense to the robotic friends since everyone should know that the "watchtower god" is like no other god.

He is also very unique. He professes to love them so much that he will not allow suffering, in a burning lake of fire,however he has no problem destroying 6 billion innocent people. I guesss us nonbelievers have a hard time understanding this concept.

Over the years, she desperately tried to have me indoctrinated, in an effort to appease her parents, and Elders. However being a critical indepent thinker, it failed. I could not follow the program. (I only went to one memorial, which I found offended my sense of Christ, watching them reject his sacrifice, one local convention which I found to be a waste of time and very boring.

This brings me to the point of my post. I consider myself extremely impartial in my observations because I am outside the circle looking in. Please forgive any grammatic errors, I am not by any stretch of the imagination, a learned scholar. I only managed to receive my Junior Matriculation degree in Ontario from a "tough as nails" Technical School.(I have to admit to having cheated on most of the exams.)

I would like to state my opinion on JWS in general.(Please note that this is only my humble opinion)

1.No matter how you cut it, there has to be something lacking initially, for one to believe or wish to become part of this nonsense.

2.This MADE IN AMERICA cult, is only 125 years old, (there are plenty of birds that are older then that)

3.It is a definitely a CULT. (first clue would be the fact that 19 of the 20 signs of a cult are present.)

4.They have come full circle in their tenets more than once.(JEHOVAH is a very confused god He is either speaking to the fds with a speech impediment, or they have trouble understanding his language.)

5.They keep their members so immature it is hard to believe that they are grown adults capable of making their own decisions.(imagine adults panicking if they are in the presence of the opposite sex alone, thinking that this can only lead to fornication.)

6.They are always shouting from the rooftops, how wonderful it is that Jehovah (wts) saw fit to use them as slaves while living in the present (thousands died trying to abolish slavery), with the hopes of remaining slaves in the next life forever in a wonderful paradise earth.(reincarnation is evil). Having to bow and serve the elite 144,000 godlike chosen (by whom?) forever. Not even the likes of Benny Hynms, Oral Roberts etc. could pull this off.

7.They are dying every day due to an ancient Jewish dietary law that was not a seriuos offense (they would have to leave their village for a day for having consumed unbled meat) they have twisted this into something horrifically evil,allowing even their children to die.

8.They totally alienate and pyscologically damage their children in countless ways. Not allowing them to participate in general school activites,or interact with other children other than the ones chosen by them. Allowing and condoning abuse in many forms,causes many to take their own lives, or become seriously dysfunctional.

9.Having countless strangers hopping into bed at an early age without the slightest idea as to what they are doing or the serious nature of a relationship. Many end up in very abusive relationships without any escape,or protection.(even some of the third world has seen the error of this practice.)

10.I have visited many churches during my lifetime, and have had contact with many different peoples of many faiths, and have truly found jws, in general, to be the least religious and benevolent of all. I have come to believe that even atheists have more spirituallity and compassion, than do most jws

I would like to apoligize to anyone that takes offense to this. It is being stated without prejudice. At the present time, I have a lot of issues with this CULT. I may post the details at another time.

68storm

• Krazylady
    Krazylady

Well said, 68Storm!! I was a 3rd generation Dub, who could never understand how they called themselves CHRISTIAN. I could go on and on with examples of their hypocracy, but you have made the point well enough for me. I am completely bewildered that my family is still blind to the fact that they are in a CULT. 1975 wasn't enough? I'm just shakin my head..... Krazylady

• Celia
    Celia

Welcome !

You're not offending anyone on this board. You never were a JW, but you seem to know a lot about this sect. Tell us more.

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Hi 68Storm:

imagine adults panicking if they are in the presence of the opposite sex alone, thinking that this can only lead to fornication

Once I went to Bethel to visit an elderly brother and his wife. After a while the wife had to go down the hall to another room to borrow something. As the door closed behind her he literally jumped to his fet (no easy feat for him) to open the door so that we would not be alone in a room with a closed door.

Now I could see the reasonableness in this if he were a young, handsome man. However, on the contrary, this man was at least 75 years old, with a humped back and decidedly unattractive.

Was he afraid of me or afraid of himself? I don't know but I do know it was pretty hilarious!

Edited by - Dutchie on 1 November 2002 14:49:3

• out4good3
    out4good3

That has got to be one of the most complete exposee's (sp) of the WT and JW's that I've heard in a while. Rest assured, with that assessment of the WT, there's not too many here that would be offended.

They keep their members so immature it is hard to believe that they are grown adults capable of making their own decisions.

With the dumbing down of their litterature and the constant admonitions to follow the FDS and constantly be second guessed by countless WT and Awake articles, it's not surprising how Immature JW's are. My wife's a 3rd generation JW from birth. Any decision I don't specifically make for her is filtered through one of their publications. If I hadn't taken back control of my life from dubdom some 10 years ago, we'd still be living in roach infested apartments and I'd still be slinging burgers in Houston area greasy spoons, all the while being convinced that all that I have is a "blessing from Jehovah"

Having countless strangers hopping into bed at an early age without the slightest idea as to what they are doing or the serious nature of a relationship.
    The few years I spent inside, I saw more arranged marriages fall apart then can be counted on both hands and feet. Kids who clearly had nothing in common other than the urge to have sex married off without question. Couples where, to this day, one is usually using WT publications to justify oftentimes violent domination over the other.

• 68storm
    68storm

It's pretty obvious that I don't post much and only have high school education from a technical school. I couldn't even find my post on here. I was checking active topics. This post certainly would not fit that description.

I would like to thank the people that responded so far but I must ask you a question.

Where do you think this post belongs? and how can I put it there. (please refrain from answering if you are going to mention a dark body cavity.)

Kind regards,

68storm

• larc
    larc

68storm, don't worry about your level of education. We have some here with advanced degrees and we have some with less education than you have. We judge people by their heart and you have plenty of heart. I would like to add that you are a very good writer, so it is evident that you took took full advantage of the education you received, plus you were intelligent at birth.

• Iwasyoungonce
    Iwasyoungonce

68storm,

Thank you.

I have had many of the same experiences with my jw family. You are not alone. Thank you for reminding me that I am not the only non-ever-converted-human being that cares about what harm the jw's do to everyone around them.

I met yet another person abused by this group earlier this week. She told me about how her jw husband would beat her before meetings. I talked with another ex-jw that went to her KH when she/they were in the club. This Ex-jw said "I remember her comming to meetings with bruises......But, I never thought anything of it....

According to her elders, apparently she was to keep being beaten until Jehovah does something. She did not wait to get killed, she left him. So she was eventually targeted and da'ed. (Thank God and her for doing that.)

You say that you are "uneducated" well it seems to me that are very well informed in the reality of the Jehovah Witnesses. There is not a better way to know what is reality that to have lived it. It seems you have. Therefore I say you have a reality degree in "jw horsepuckey."

• think41self
    think41self

Well hello Mr. 68Storm

Having had the undeniable pleasure of meeting you in person, I can honestly say your humility regarding your education is not necessary. You are very reasonable and eloquent. I found your opinion of the JW's to be an excellent observation, well thought out and expressed.

I agree with you that those who are attracted to it have something lacking in their lives, whether it be as simple as self esteem, or as complex as an unreasonable desire to believe in fairly tales.

Now, for those of us poor saps who were born into it....well it took us awhile to develop the critical thinking skills which allowed us to finally leave. Hey, it's not easy breaking free of the indoctrination! I'm so sorry your wife suffered what she did...and yes, the psychological damage it does to them is unreal. If she could ever leave that cult, she might actually have a chance to start healing.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. It was good to hear from you. I hope you'll let us know next time you're in Florida...we'd like to hook up again.

Tracy

• crownboy
    crownboy

Thanks 68storm for your observations. You'll get few objections from the people on this board.

As larc said, no one is going to judge you based on your educational credentials, or lack thereof. Just as long as your posts are educated, which clearly yours are.

However, I do have one objection to raise. You said:

I have come to believe that even atheists have more spirituallity and compassion, than do most jws

Well, maybe you are right about the spirituality part (), but I have to disagree with you on the compassion part. Why do you suppose atheists would not be compassionate? Compassion is not something that is the sole perrogative of religious people, all people of all belief (or lack of belief) systems are capable of and show compassion all the time. Caring for your fellow man has little to do with god, as even you observed that JW's, who most definitely believe in god, can be very lacking in that department. Compassion has alot to do with how you view other people and the rest of the world, and can be practiced by the religious and non- religious alike.

But once again, thanks for your contribution.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit