confused, scared..you name it

by Cyre 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• nonjwalltheway
    nonjwalltheway

Cyre,

I almost joined the JW religion as well a few months back. I too was impressed how they backed everything they said with scripture and had an answer for everything. You have to look at it this way. The JW's are well trained sales people and they have a difficult sale to make. Being well informed increases their closing ratio.

My wife's whole family are devout JW's. I have studied on and off for years and I will never return to another Kingdom Hall or have another JW bible study. This religion serves itself. The Watchtower strives to control every aspect of the lives of their membership. They tell you how you can have sex with your spouse, who your friends can be, what to read and the list goes on and on and on the deeper you get into it. This is not a religion, but a dictatorship controlled by a bunch of "Annointed Men" (I love that one) who claim to have direct communication with "Almighty God' himself. You should look at it this way which is why I finally pulled out of this cult for good.

1. If this is "The Truth" as these fanatics call it then why has every prediction they have made regarding Armageddon failed? When Noah built his ark he obvoisly knew when the earth was to be flooded. He obvoisly did have divine inspiration. These people claim to have it, but do not as they are always wrong. If they are communicating with God, they must speak a different language as something is definitely being lost.

2. If the JW religion was the one true religion as these people so arrogantly proclaim, then why are there child molesters running rampant through the various Kingdom Halls. I don't think God would let his true religion be plagued by this.

Be very careful of this religion. You stated that you did not know much about your faith? The JW's thrive off of this and this gives them a very good case as they can easily pick your religion apart (since you will not be able to stand up for it) making their religion appear to be much better. I have to? I personally think they are suffering from some kind of psychosis. admit, the JW's are a very well organized cult. This has led to a lot of success they have had with their growth. However, that is it. When it comes to the spiritual side they serve to bash all other religions as "Christendom" and say that they are God's "spirit guided organization". Think about it. That is a very arrogant comment to say that they are the only ones who God favors on this earth for the past, present and future? What gives them this exclusivity?

Anyways, what ultimately made me think and question this religion is how they get involved with issues which have absolutely nothing to do with scripture. They used to tell people not to vote as it was wicked, participating in sports was supposedly non-spiritual, higher education and the pursuit of a career was not necessary as this world is supposedly coming to an end and any time. They have made any holiday or other celebration "pagan" as it does not serve the JW religion and specifically The Watchtower. If you are having a bible study with your programmed JW servent ask them why they have not labeled the months of the year and days of the week as pagan. These calendar designations are all named after Roman and Greed gods and goddesses. Go to http://www.geocities.com/Axiom43/months.html for the months of the year and http://www.geocities.com/Axiom43/weekdays.html for the days of the week. The reason that the Watchtower has not made these calendar designations "Pagan" is because it does not detract the JW membership from their Watchtower studies. Also, ask why can JW's have baby showers which is a pre-birthday or the celebration of a birth that has not yet happened. Why can they do this and not celebrate birthdays. I missed the opportunity to ask that as I stopped my cult, not bible, studies prior to asking this. They even have a section on their website which is the official Watchtower website that states that cross country skiing is of pagan origin. Go to: http://www.watchtower.org/library/g/2001/10/8/article_01.htm. The JW's will find something wrong with anything and everything except for themselves. They are a crazy, fanatical organization.

I hope you don't take my comments as overly negative, but that was my experience with this and luckily (The JW's would say not to say anything regarding luck as you are "praying" to the god of luck) I never became baptized. I hope you decide not to become part of their nutty cult as I think you will regret it.

Best Wishes

• AFRAID4MINE
    AFRAID4MINE

DO WHAT YOU FEEL IS RIGHT FOR YOU. JUST REMEMBER IF YOU ARE EVER MADE TO FEEL INFERIOR FOR ANYTHING I WILL BE HERE FOR YOU.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit