confused, scared..you name it

by Cyre 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• out4good3
    out4good3

I think this girls been scared off......

• jgnat
    jgnat

Awww. Gee. I put a lot of thought in my reply. Do you think we were too rough?

• COMF
    COMF

Hello, Cyre.

Do they encourage you to make an honest, thorough examination of your religion? Good! How are they about an honest, thorough examination of theirs? For example, what is their reaction when you tell them you've been to this website? Do they applaud you for doing research on your own? Or do they immediately start in on how the people here are apostates and they and their thinking must be avoided in order to preserve your spirituality? Do they warn you that Satan is trying to put stumbling blocks in your path here? Hmm.

Hope you stick around long enough to get the full picture.

• Darkhorse
    Darkhorse

Cyre, please take the time to fully research the JW regligion (another excellent web site to check out is jwfiles.com. I am a worldly person who researched the JW because I met somebody who is JW.

It is OK to question your faith, I have many, many times (I am a non-practicing Catholic); but after learning what I have about the JW religion and what it does to people and their lives, there is no way I would ever consider converting to be a JW - NO WAY!

Please do not make a rash decision, take your time and do your homework.

I wish you the best.

• Angus03755
    Angus03755

Cyre,

In addition to Crisis of Conscience by Ray Franz, you may want to read Awakening of a Jehovah's Witness (escape from the watchtower society) by Diane Wilson. Please read, research, and chat here and on other sites before you commit to anything. Good luck.

• Cyre
    Cyre

Hey guys, wow thank you all for taking the time to reply. It seems that all of you pretty much had the same thing to say..I havent been scared off, YET. Goodness I dont even know what to say.. I definitely wont rush into a decision if ever..but I just want to do what God wants and what the bible says. I know people have a way of manipulating the truth when they are certain it's what they believe, so I guess I should just do my homework some more on more religions as well as my own. Please, keep advising me on what to do. And if there are any actual witnesses out there who can encourage me, then please speak up, too! Stay in touch, guys.

Diana

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Run!!!!!

Although I am not a JW, I have dated one and I work with TRUTHSEEKER. I have seen the pain he has gone through. The shunning, the control, the misery that they put him through. It is very sad. And PLEASE remember to research their blood policy. There is nothing more hurtfull than seeing a loved one die because a group of old men in brooklyn decided to twist some scripture.

I also recomend researching the differneces in the JW's bible and the King James Bible. You will find in many instances the JW's have altered the scripture to justify their beliefs. Pretty scarey stuff.

You seem to have a good head on your shoulders and I suggest you keep it. Individual thought and actions are frowned upon by JW's. People dont call it the Borg for nothing........

Good luck and God Bless.

And one final piece of advice. READ READ READ. Not jus the Awake and WT crap that they print, but do research on the internet, read books, GAIN KNOWLEDGE!!! Make this decision on YOUR own, dont let your friend make it for you! You wanted some scripture........here you go:

Fools Hate Knowledge- Jesus Christ

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

And if there are any actual witnesses out there who can encourage me, then please speak up, too!

Hi Cyre,

You won't find many "actual witnesses" posting on this site to encourage you. This is mostly a XJW site and the WTS strongly discourages its members from visiting any site other than the societies official website. Imagine that? A group whose teachings are so easily disproved that they tell their members not to read anything that might bring to question what they teach.

I'm sure you are getting slurped up one side and down the other by them, NOW. After baptism, that all changes because then they have you. Do not do anything until you have researched the WTS thoroughly. Of course, witnesses will strongly DISCOURAGE you from doing that. Ask yourself, "why would they do that"?

Visit those sites that are listed on the bottom of this page. Freeminds is a very good place to start. Plus, the books that have been recommended to you so far.

If you can ignore some of the arguing that goes on, read many of the personal stories here. Some offer sad testimony to the power a bunch a wrinkled old men in Brooklyn, NY, can have over peoples lives and the resulting devastation.

My own family was ripped in two over 20 years ago. Over what? A few lines in the Watchtower magazine regarding associating with family members who simply don't want to be witnesses anymore. They may claim they don't shun, but reality tells a very different story.

I wish you well and please gather as much information from various sources as you can and be suspicious of anyone, or anything, that tells you to do otherwise.

Andee

Edited by - BeautifulGarbage on 30 October 2002 20:13:31

• Iwasyoungonce
    Iwasyoungonce

Cyre,

I hope that you will never be scared off. There are truly awsome people here.

Can I ask you what you mean by "actual witnesses?" I ask because the idea that once you are a witness you have to stay one or you are useless. That seems a little fuzzy to me. I have never understood that.

I am not nor have I ever been a Jehovah Witness but I have spent over 10 years with them. I hope that has some substance too you. If you have already begun to accept the concept of filtered information then you are well on your way to where ever the person who sends you the information wants you to go. I recomend going off the JW path for awhile. For or against it. Learn about the concepts of propaganda. I mean the black kind. Learn the tactics. Learn about it. Learn about mind control, the modern kind. Give yourself the tools to make an informed decision. Cyre this whole thing is just for you. I have nothing to gain by sharing my life experience with you accept I can show you some of the pot holes in my life. If you need to hit them too so that you know that they are real thats up to you. But I care about people. And I care about you.

A friend,

jayson

• spring

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit