Bill Bowen: a 'burial' ONLY for those who can read

by Focus 59 Replies latest jw friends

• gumby
    gumby

In the early part of the 60's? I was there

How old did you say you were again Plum? And............. .you remember stuff in the 60's?

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    How old did you say you were again Plum? And............. .you remember stuff in the 60's?

oops

.I was a little girl then and actually what I remember was all the hooplah over it. My mom is one of those partakers and even though she is in her seventies now and has been partaking (regularly)since she was in her 20's I do remember even she was upset about what was said and there was a couple of young people in our old congergation that stopped partaking after that convention because of the pressure and snickers from the other stupid busy bodies in the comg. that liked to point at and ridicule on a regular basis.

So, more accurately I should have said it left an impresson on my young mind.

plum

btw, the only point of this response is to point out that not even Ray Franze Franz is infallable and beyond critisizem. A simple remark even made in a joking manner can have a major inpack on a lot of people. (in this case thousands of people) What possible harm is there in minding your own business when it comes to OTHER peoples personal relationships with God and Christ? vs. Butting in where you have no business at all?

editted for miss spelling lol

Edited by - plmkrzy on 5 November 2002 12:58:1

• notperfectyet
    notperfectyet

Focus,

ruebensfine is a childhood friend of mine, Oh my, I could make a country song out of that!

Focus, leave him alone, we were both home skooled.

• outcast
    outcast

??????????????????

I was just bring flowers, where do I put them?

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

well done Focus, nice to see the Ray fanatics upset again.

• teejay
    teejay

This is purely speculation on my part but a case could be made for it if I cared enough:

When folks come to realize that a certain poster is probably INSANE, then his words and posts will then be brought into clear... uh... focus.

• DIM
    DIM

The Cult of Ray vs. The Cult of Bowen again. In another thread. Wow, this board is so redundant.

• DIM
    DIM

The Cult of Ray vs. The Cult of Bowen again. In another thread. Wow, this board is so redundant.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    DIM The Cult of Ray vs. The Cult of Bowen again. In another thread. Wow, this board is so redundant.

DIMThe Cult of Ray vs. The Cult of Bowen again. In another thread. Wow, this board is so redundant.

DIMThe Cult of Ray vs. The Cult of Bowen again. In another thread. Wow, this board is so redundant.

• Focus
    Focus

So now, eleven years having passed with me far away, fighting other battles - lots of time for more things to happen, more to be discovered and for a better perspective to develop (Ray has passed on; Bill has ... well... ) was I more right than wrong, or more wrong than right?

Many here will know more than I about what has unfolded during my absence. I'd appreciate their views.

I realize, given that the mean reading age here was low back then, and is evidently lower still now, it may be tough even to understand what the controversy was about.

Then, there was a contingent here who worshiped at the Altar of Raymond Franz. I never did.

Bill Bowen (of silentlambs) was much criticized - sometimes fairly, sometimes IMO harshly.

I put it to the Great Crowd that silentlambs would do more to damage the WTS than Franz's Bible-besotted jottings.

Clearly, RF was the only person to ever ascend to the Governing Body throne-room who did not realize the Watchtower Scam for what it was.

IslandWoman, who for all I know is still about in another guise, was right about one thing... my sole focus was, and is, eradicating the Filthy Watchtower Disease from our planet.

So, please fill me in.

__

Focus

("Popcorn" Class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit