Bill Bowen: a 'burial' ONLY for those who can read

by Focus 59 Replies latest jw friends

• sf
    sf

FOCUS

It is really good to 'see' you today. Why just today? hahahaha (it's a secret, for NOW) How are ya doin'?

This entire 'topic' has been literally dropped in my hands. I am in the process of 'assessing' what 'fell'. This happened yesterday:

The most important part of yesterday was that I had an intense moment of absolute clarity. I could actually see THROUGH the words that I was 'witnessing'. And at that time, I went ahead and opened a 'door' (with 'guidance') that had been SHUT ON ME, years ago and which I, in turn, had kept closed in F.E.A.R. of what would or could happen if I dared opened it mySELF (if i chose to it would be my FAULT, this time, (non-rape). That being said....

My daughter called yesterday, after the 'moment of clarity'. I mean, the call was immediate; a 'result' of that 'opened door', I like to call it.

She says "Mom, I was behind a thrift store and found two little jw bibles today". She was excited. She understands ALL WT LITTERATURE is 'treasure'; it holds key information for research purposes. She is a great partner in my research. She struck GOLD FOLKS!!

She continues with excitment "now, one is called...let me see...'ORGANIZED TO ACCOMPLISH OUR KINGDOM MINISTRY'. And the other one isssss (that's how she is saying it)...isssssss 'KNOWLEDGE THAT LEADS TO...(here is where she puts great exclamation in her voice)...eternal....LIFE!!!'.

I busted out laughing so hard. hahahaha She knew she struck gold for her momma. She was proud. I love her intensely.

I asked her to check copyrights. OTAOKM states '1983, 1989'. BINGO!!

Chapter 12, page 142-147

'NOT OVERLOOKING SERIOUS WRONGS'

Ray, seriously, after reading this carefully, 'GAINING YOUR BROTHER' is the object. This is ALL THAT MATTERS TO THE WTBTS. Keeping it's dirty deeds in the 'dirt' (dark and buried). PROTECTING IT'S 'ASSETS. 'Fraud and slander' against WTBTS is ALL WTBTS WORRIES ABOUT DAILY.

This chapter is KRAP! You Know it too.

Tell, me, how would you have a toddler come to an elder and tell them that they were raped by so and so...DRAW YOU A PICTURE IN BLACK AND WHITE?

THIS CHAPTER IS TO PROTECT THE ORGANIZATION AND IT'S KILLER POLICIES AND TO 'GAIN BACK YOUR BROTHER'.

KRAP!

I now understand, clearly, that children in this organization are in GRAVE DANGER by this chapter.

It is my opinion that it is imparitive you write about this, and soon. RIGHT THE WRONGS SIR. Do the right thing and tell that reporter you've 'revised' your statements to state THE ABSOLUTE TRUTH and want to WITNESS the policies ABOLISHED. A clear and concise statement FOR THE PUBLIC TO WITNESS....and for the CHILDREN Ray.

This chapter is a SHAM and a FRAUD and an OUTRAGE, from start to ABSOLUTE FINISH! And Ray, You Know it! SPEAK UP AND OUT ON THIS RAY. It isn't too late. Or is it?

sKally...don't even think I'm about to worry over what some will reply to this post....KLASS

• Francois
    Francois

FOCUS

Could you please state, in 50 words or less, what you are trying to accomplish with your posts? I get the feeling that somewhere along the line, you've forgotten. You're really covering the waterfront and I nominate you for V.P. of Loquaciousness on this site. But, really, what is your frickin' point?

Let's hear it and get it the hell over with.

francois

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Focus,

You know exactly what I'm talking about.

IW

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Since this subject is continuous, then let's puke the whole God damn story out of our system, once and for all! Those who are fed up with reading this episode, please take the nearest exit door.

Guest 77

• Focus
    Focus

LDH - nice to see you too! You have certainly identified at least one of the major problems, in that the most prominent and fluent author exposing the Evil WT is himself still partially in denial, and is therefore by my definition a borderline apologetic still (i.e., not an apologetic - but near the line, as it is seen by me). Ray's "we are victims of victims" is just plain BS. If he is so dumb as to believe that, then perhaps denial of his own role in the whole fiendish scam has pushed him over the edge. If he is not so dumb as to actually believe that, then he is being economical with that which should not be economized.

Dear sf - HELLO!. And I shall write soon. It is just that some words are harder for me than others... sf has quite understood the present issue. Her post, above, makes all clear.

But some still did not get it, apparently. I hate spelling things out. Spoon-feeding. This is not a Kingdom Hell, you know (pre-underlined texts available at a premium price). Laziness of followers is counted upon by the Watchtower, as it allows them to perpetrate their greatest swindles and cover-ups.

Now, the anger of certain ones at me, at what I write, simply means that they do not understand. They have failed to make the connection. So rather than ask, they attack.

Even Simon, in his dear wife's virtual clothes, three times denies me.

They think I am "stirring", while it is not I who has lost my rag.

Father, father, forgive them. They know not what they do.

"They" attacked me too when I wrote the Flies/Honey Pedophile threads, even after I there demolished (with the kind help of AF and others) that dear kind Mr F iend who maintained that there would no sanction of any sort at all against a jW reporting another jW they believed had committed a crime to the authorities immediately, without involving the elders etc.

A direct, outright, barefaced, shameful, disgusting, filthy LIE, from a cheating, despicable excuse for a human being. Dear one of the "Friend" Class, who pretty much assures us that no one can be closer to Ray than he. Well, well, well, well.

If you know your Cicero: "O tempora, O mores!"

Well, the erudite and elusive F iend found that simple and direct Focus was quite capable of deconstructing his convulted apologia - and then destroying it. His imperious command and misuse of the English language was matched and trumped. On matters of logic and mathematical reasoning, he was outflanked and outgunned. A shock for him? Surely not! And, I am so repentant that words fail me.

They stopped attacking only when the Dateline and Panorama programmes confirmed, in the most public way possible, exactly what I had stated a year or whatever earlier.

Oh well, it takes a bit more than the miserable ejaculate of fools, cult apologists and stooges for a spiritually-criminal organization to get me crying "persecution, persecution".

Tell you what - I'll give them persecution.

This is the rub:

Two policies from Brooklyn (stated repeatedly, with minor variations - only major back-pedalling when we exposed their cult-evil on TV) really ENCOURAGE PEDOPHILES to the Watchtower like flies come to honey.

(1) As a jW, you must not, not, not involve secular authorities against another jW unless you have exhausted congregational avenues and had clearance from the elders - this minimizes the spoiling of the good name of God's people (akin to bringing reproach onto Jehovah). In practice, where serious offenses are involved, this means "Let us disfellowship the offender first, so we can say he is no longer a jW, before he is exposed in public" While the written rules do not specifically include criminal acts as requiring "shielding", they did not exclude them either - and the unwritten rules made it clear there was no distinction between civil litigation and criminal prosection. The key was "Bring no reproach on the name of Jehovah!".

AND

(2) At jW Star Chamber quasi-judicial proceedings, for an alleged offense by a jW to result in a "conviction" (by the elders) generally requires at least TWO WITNESSES - (AND GENERALLY TO THE SAME EVENT). Where the matter is so serious that a disfellowshipping would be the appropriate punishment, the requirement for at least two witnesses is strictly adhered to. The victim can be one of these witnesses. In child rape (and similar) cases, the perpetrator would need to be the second one, as these people do not commit their crimes in public and do not leave evidence behind. So the pedophile must confess* in order to be disfellowshipped

* Even when they confess, they may not be disfellowshipped - if they claim to show repentance, they may be let off that very day, even sent back home to their poor hapless victims for more nights of .. "love, Watchtower style".
    Watchers of the Dateline and BBC Panorama programmes will know to what I refer.

One needs not be a mathematician to see that rules (1) and (2) APPLIED TOGETHER (one rule without the other would not have the effect at all - think about it - it is the two together, that is so pernicious and which constitutes the Catch-22 which leaves the pedos with their lambs: you can't go to the police until the pedo is DF, and the pedo won't be DF unless you have two witnesses, which by the nature of pedophilia will not to be to the same event - and without police-type publicity, you won't even get two witnesses - two victims - to different events) makes the Watchtower as safe a HAVEN for PEDOPHILES as is possible. A positive magnet for them. Borderline/inactive pedos within the Borg become active, and active ones outside may find out and sign up. When it comes to getting "booty", pedophiles, I read, can be exceeding smart.

Francois wrote on Oct 28, 2002 16:33:

FOCUS
    Could you please state, in 50 words or less, what you are trying to accomplish with your posts? {sundry insults by Francois snipped}

Well, Francois, I shall not embarrass you by demanding why you are NOW asking this question on Oct 28, 2002 16:33 after posting your thread here on Oct 28, 2002 10:18 - in which you abuse me, insult me and even try to solicit a mass-shunning of me, and then found you had no support (not even from Prisca, who is either no longer smarting from much-needed correction administered by myself in earlier days, or..) and instead were criticized/corrected (explicitly by sf, VeniceIT and waiting, probably more subtly by others, LB? refiners fire?).

So, you tell others to shun and ignore me (those jW habits die so hard, eh?) but then four hours later, observing you have had no support, start talking to/at me again?

One rule for you, one for the rank-and-file? Haha, Elder Francois! It does not work that way. You are outranked. I am afraid that over here, I am Mr Jaracz. (Hey - why did no one ask whether that famous WT database has on it the name of T... No, no, of course not. They'd have deleted the entry, now, wouldn't they?) And Mr Adams. And Mr Henschel. Bombastic "Booz" Judge Rutherford too. And old Chuckie "Child-Molester" Russell too, guiding online events from beyond the "vail". Sorry!

But I'll be charitable, and conclude that the francs/euros have now began to drop in your head. It dawned on you that I know some things which you failed to notice, and both Bill Bowen and I were too polite to UNDERLINE in our posts.

Francois wrote:

... in 50 words or less

Correct is "50 words or fewer".

Easy.

Start here:

RAY FRANZ WAS AN EXPOSITOR OF POLICY (2) ("TWO WITNESSES").

End here.

The bits of text the elders quote from (and, in more modern times, what the Flock book borrows from), may well have been written by the person who RIGHT NOW DENIES THAT THERE IS ANY PEDOPHILE PROBLEM IN THE WATCHTOWER above the level found in other religions.

Does the centime/cent drop, Francois?

See the significance of what Policy (2) was?

Now, think.

Notes: (a) Expositor is not the same as Originator. But some expositors are more competent than others.
    (b) Of all on the Writing Staff at the time, Ray Franz was the most competent - in my opinion and in the opinion of his uncle and his uncle's successor. So he got trusted with writing a lot of key material.
    (c) Writing Staff have a lot of leeway. The Watchtower believes in making money and putting out books and ragazines. Precisely what gets written in the pulp is of lesser concern (until something explodes in their faces).

I could say a lot more. I do not wish to mud sling. I want to explain an otherwise curious omission... for those who can read, I already did.

Dissension is often a good thing. We, after all, are not a mindless robotic Borg. But Ray's said denial is, without question, hurting the Silentlambs movement. I am presenting an additional fact (not just a Watchtower-style "fact"), and leave it to others to judge for themselves whether Ray's denial is influenced (I don't say tainted, because Ray is a good man, and being a judge in one's own cause is too hard for most mortals) by that fact.

I reiterate: I have both love and respect for Ray Franz, whose contribution to the anti-WTBTS movement is incalculable. But, I cannot entirely forgive him his role in Satan's Organization. If you must see a contradiction therein, so be it. I do not. Nor does Ray Franz, you may conclude from many of his comments reproduced in this site.

1. COLLECT FACTS.

2. THINK

3. Only then, react and judge.

Saves a lot of embarrassment in the long run if these steps are followed, in that order, with no omissions. Experience is a most excellent teacher, but she is so frightfully expensive.

A little hint to Francois: say "SORRY", next time, rather than blustering. Better yet, ensure there is no next time: research the poster and read his posts before flaming away. I am only a gentle pussy cat, snoozing away, allowing many to tweak my tail. I do not doubt either your sincerity and your well-founded anti-WTBTS sentiment and distaste. I disfellowshipped the GB long before you, or Joshua1992/J92/Bibleman, or Bill Bowen, did.

A little hint to some others: Be not followers of men any longer, as some of you who were jWs were. Whoever the men: Franz. Bowen. However worthy. Focus. Or not. Do not leap to the defense of your champion. Leap to the defense of righteous CAUSES instead.

A little hint to Ray Franz (reprise): Please, get thee to the righteous side on this issue. You did not have the right crystal ball then, just an aluminum pot, I guess. But now, no crystal ball is needed. Do not let the silly sycophants around you cloud your mind on this. Please. They mean well, but most of them are not too bright.

--
    Focus
    (Mark Antony Class)

ps: IslandWoman, you are having fantasies that I also post here under some female handle or pseudonym. I have no objection to your naming it. kats won't either, I'm sure. Ever since the identity "Focus" was created on this site, I have never used any other name to post here. And I am here only upon rare occasion. The only evidence I have seen of sexual/gender confusion is on the part of our dear host Simon, but I am confident he will soon overcome his difficulties with identities, just as dear Greg Stafford did on H2O (though with some grammatical help from me). As long as your fantasies are healthful and "upbuilding" ones, IslandWoman, please feel free to have them. I, for one, would not wish to stand in your way (or under or over you, for that matter, irrespective of whoever is facing sternwards - just in case you misunderstood).
    As far as you are concerned, IslandWoman, some seem to believe that you have a few identities here, or are part of some organized+synchronized group. I noticed some strange things when a thread I had started a while earlier happened to get two bad votes within a minute or so of eachother and of your own post to that thread. How quaint! Coincidences, I am sure. "What is often the motive of those who criticize .. those taking the lead?" - The Watchtower, March 15, 1986 p16 etc. Yes, I was one of those who led the Exodus out of H2O to this site - but the excesses and idiocies of the half-educated noderator101 Class there had made H2O intolerable (deleting whole threads unfairly and without warning, spewing their own venom while hypocritically censoring others, and abusing their position in other ways). Putting the stable in order was called for repeatedly, and not only or mainly by me. Well, we warned you. And when my people left Egypt, H2O was left with... Bibleman. So now the castrated censors and impotent moderators are here, sniping away bitterly. Contrast the fiasco that H2O became, with no conversion intake possible, with the class act run by the OBEDient Class at Witn*t. As for myself... I am part of no group, and represent only my own views.

Edited by - Focus on 31 October 2002 1:12:46

• LDH
    LDH

LOL @ Focus.

Francois, you got it all wrong. Focus is NOT the VP of Loquaciousness. He is the F#*$ing CEO of the entire Board of Directors. LOL.

Focus, thank you for providing feeble, unintelligent little me with prose worthy of reading through TWICE!!!! before I comment.

Although, you were so wordy this evening that your main point (to me):

). In practice, where serious offenses are involved, this means "Let us disfellowship the offender first, so we can say he is no longer a jW, before he is exposed in public
    "

HELL YES you are right. The only thought given is to whether the 'crime' will become known to the public, and if so, is it serious enough that it could damage the "reputation" (I use this term loosely) of the "brotherhood."

I am also now convinced that the Society has each congregation's elders so busy chasing their own tails, that they never compare notes. Much like a MLM upline where you are encouraged only to contact your OWN upline, never anyone elses, I have NO DOUBT IN MY MIND that someone up top knew this shit was going on. ALMOST everyone on this forum knows of SEXUAL ABUSE involving a minor that occured in their congregation. We were tricked into believing this was an isolated case, each time it happened. It wasn't. It was a pattern, there for all to see when Bill did his hat trick (Go Bill).

The FILES that were mentioned by Barbra Anderson--do you think they magically filed themselves? Hell no. They were there ALL THE TIME.

Focus you are dead on this issue. I agree with V and A. By the way, I wish Ray were a younger man. He may be more given to believing he had fault on this issue--either advertently or inadvertently.

Lisa

Obed-Lover Class

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Focus,

As for myself... I am part of no group, and represent only my own views.

BS!

And you do post under another name.

There has been alot of bs going on behind the scenes with the Ray Franz accusations. I know there are some prominent xJWs who after aligning themselves with Franz have also "informed" on him to silentlambs in the hopes of maintaining their influence there. This whole thing has been orchestrated by some people who are no different than Jaracz himself.

As you say the "cause" is all important. That cause though is really your cause not the cause of silentlambs.

The stench of what happened at H2O follows you around. Kent and others decided they were finished with H2O so they started making trouble, purposely posting pics etc. they knew would be deleted, they picked and picked finally they got their way. They weren't happy just to leave, no they trashed it first!

You are a worm. Is JWD your next target?

And look buddy, the Catholic Church does not have a "two witness rule" it's got a five, ten, fifteen witness rule you jackass. The Catholic Church kept their pedo priests in service even after repeated rapes were committed by the same priest. There was no reporting to the police there was silence and out of court settlements. This mumbo jumbo that the JWs are worse than other religions when it comes to this problem is a crock.

Bill Bowen does not need enemies when he has friends like you and a coupe of others, you all do a good job all by yourselves of making him look bad.

• Focus
    Focus

LDH wrote:

HELL YES you are right.

Thank you.

PS: I know.

The only thought given is to whether the 'crime' will become known to the public, and if so, is it serious enough that it could damage the "reputation" (I use this term loosely) of the "brotherhood."

Correct.

But the main point of my post is the 10 words I provided in reply to Francois's request for a 50-word summary.

They are in Red, in Caps, and include the words "RAY FRANZ", "POLICY (2)", and "TWO WITNESSES". So emphasized that some (not LDH) could missed them? Check Skally/sf's post above - she has picked up on of the references in published literature to whose AUTHORSHIP I allude.

Hint Question in the form of a PARABLE (DEAR TO THE WATCHTOWER): If I, a pleb, were to ask an unbiased expert art critic his opinion on a painting, and be told that the painting was really fine, I might well accept the expert judgment. Or if I disagreed, I might put it down to individual taste. But if I had instead been aware that the painter of the painting I was examining, was following 'rules' set out in a painting-technique guide book written by the VERY SAME ART CRITIC, and the art critic knew about that, might I not be justified in raising some queries, even... ?

I think even the Simon (Magus!) Class, the Francois Class and the Little Boy Who Ran Down The Lane Class will pick this one up.

Lisa then wrote:

Focus you are dead on this issue.

Was that a typo for "dead right on this issue", as context suggests, or has the reports about my ill-health been somewhat exaggerated?

I wish Ray were a younger man. He may be more given to believing he had fault on this issue--either advertently or inadvertently.

Bingo, Lisa! In a nutshell, you have placed it.

I am not the first one to cast stones here. And any stones I am casting are not in the direction of Ray. But the reasoning abilities of many of Ray's "Unquestioning Fan Club" here is so poor, their thinking so woolly, their facts so hazy, their faith so simply Amazing, their naivete and gullibility so Watchtoweresque, and the resulting damage to Silentlambs so considerable, that I am forced to weigh in.

They WANT and NEED to follow a leader, it seems. How picayune!

A crowning absurdity is that Ray has stated more than once he does not wish to attract cultish followers.

And it is their apparently unquestioning sycophancy that is one thing clouding the issue.

They want to portray this as some Ray vs Bill issue - or even Ray vs Focus, heaven forbid.

It is nothing of the sort.

It is simply Truth vs. Not Truth.

Ray is saying that Pedophilia is not really a problem in the Watchtower, certainly no more than elsewhere.

And Ray is always right, so...

Silentlambs must be wrong.

Errrm, no.

Ray is WRONG.

Will it help if I publish a list of grammatical, syntactical and other errors by Ray in his published works, I wonder? While he is a really fine author - a gifted one, indeed - the list is not short. Or will they still confuse him with (g)od, an infallible one, and by so doing, and relaying twisted versions of what has appeared here, rob an elderly, gentle, kind, loving man of some of the respect he so richly deserves?

Fools... They should know better. This place is full of the Sheep Class, indeed.

THINK FOR YOURSELVES! There are wolves among you. Even a leopard, I hear tell.

--
    Focus
    (Anti-Idiocy Class)

• LDH
    LDH

Ah, Focus, I'm so glad for ONCE I made a typo, LOL.

Of course I meant to say you are dead right on this issue.

There was once a famous Beetle who posted here, who wanted Ray to take a stand on "Women's Issues." As much as I love and admire this poster, I almost hocked up a hairball.

I said it then, I'll say it now. Ray is an old man. (Said with much respect.) He is only Ray Franz, not who we want him to be.

The same can be said for Bill Bowen. He is simply Bill.

An effective army employs different means of weakening the enemy. Whether or not Ray or Bill meant to, they polarized some XJWs into different camps of the same army.

Lisa

Going to Bed, Class

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Lisa,

Whether or not Ray or Bill meant to, they polarized some XJWs into different camps of the same army.

They did not polarize xJWs, Bill Bowen did that all by himself. He wanted Ray to tell people what Ray did not believe to be true, what kind of stupidity is that? Then, as he did with HS in e-mail, Bill goes and gets himself all hot under the collar over this and posts derogatory remarks!

It was Bill Bowen who caused the divide, helped by some of his more fanatic supporters who don't give a damn if they turn the world upside down just as long as they get what they want.

IW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit