Bill Bowen: a 'burial' ONLY for those who can read

by Focus 59 Replies latest jw friends

• Dizzy Cat
  • reubenfine
    reubenfine

Focus, how many people do you think actually read such long posts in their entirety? I'm like Francois, please sum up in 50 words or less what ta hell your point is.............."fewer," if you prefer..................

• Focus
    Focus

Dizzy Cat wrote:

http://home.datawest.net/esn-recovery/artcls/socio.htm

"A number of cult leaders may exhibit many of the behavioral characteristics of a sociopath--an outstanding ability to charm and seduce followers [snip]"

Interesting material! Given the brevity of your post, one must ask who (among the subjects of, and I guess also among the participants in, this thread) do you consider to be such sociopaths - and which of the stated identifying characteristics do they have?
    Glibness/Superficial Charm
    Manipulative and Conning
    Grandiose Sense of Self
    Pathological Lying
    Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt
    Shallow Emotions
    Incapacity for Love
    Need for Stimulation
    Callousness/Lack of Empathy
    Poor Behavioral Controls/Impulsive Nature
    Early Behavior Problems/Juvenile Delinquency
    Irresponsibility/Unreliability
    Promiscuous Sexual Behavior/Infidelity
    Lack of Realistic Life Plan/Parasitic Lifestyle
    Criminal or Entrepreneurial Versatility

--
    Focus
    (Snoozy Cat Class)

• Focus
    Focus

reubenfine wrote:

Focus, how many people do you think actually read such long posts in their entirety?'

I do not know.

JWD is a reliable repository (like H2O used to be), and serves for delayed dissemination too.

please sum up in 50 words or ... fewer

There is evidence that Ray's apparent belief that sexual abuse of children is no more common among the JWs than within other religions is incorrect. Such evidence should be presented to Ray. Bill can be tactless or hasty, using imprecise terminology: better if someone else liaises with Ray.

--
    Focus
    (Done. Class)

• one
    one

It has been said that child molestation was not a big problem 20 or 30 years ago...

What about oral sex. Anal sex, Bestiality,

Were any of the isssues big eunough ?

What did WT publixhed on each issue?

Was the WT balanced on the amount of material they published about the above mentioned issues?

If not, Why not?

Who was (were) responsible for requesting to the writting dept. to write about a particular subject.or policy?

How was it decided that a particular subject or matter had to be included (or omited) in the new publication or ariticle.

Was the written material reviewed and approved before printing?

Edited by - one on 3 November 2002 17:58:25

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

..."the Watchtower as safe a haven for PEDOPHILES as is possible. A positive MAGNET for them. Borderline/inactive pedos within the Borg become active, and ACTIVE ONES OUTSIDE may find out and SIGN UP"....

Id like to see a link where i can examine evidence that PEDOPHILES are DRAWN to the Watchtower.Id also like a link where evidence is presented that Molestation is more PROLIFIC within the Org than in the external world. If someone can provide it.I havent seen such evidence yet.There is this in a recent thread by Focus directed to Bill Bowens attention:

...."So, we have at least 106,470 pedophiles, almost all males, out of 1 million male jWs over 16 years of age and living in North America and Europe.

THAT WORKS OUT TO OVER ONE IN TEN OF 'ADULT' MALE JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES (IN THE US/CANADA/EUROPE) BEING A PEDOPHILE"....

Ive got no problem with those math. But I personally doubt they are above anything in "worldly" society. As I pointed out here:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=39510&site=3

Mr Focus??

Edited by - refiners fire on 4 November 2002 2:56:12

• Focus
    Focus

refiners fire:

Thanks, I had missed that thread. I don't monitor the DB.

Very interesting stuff. Of course, establishing a baseline among the general population is one of the things that has to be done. I believe it is lower than you say - horrific if you are right!

I'll think of some sources of data on this.

--
    Focus
    (Thanks! Class)

• gumby
    gumby

Bill has damaged the Watchtower more than Franz ever did. Whatever either of their intentions may have been.

Oh really? How is that? Dream on

• nancee park
    nancee park

The WT misleadership damaged the organization.

Ray Franz wrote a couple books. Bill has yet to write one but I tend to think he will. Should be interesting!

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    Notes: (a) Expositor is not the same as Originator. But some expositors are more competent than others.
    (b) Of all on the Writing Staff at the time, Ray Franz was the most competent - in my opinion and in the opinion of his uncle and his uncle's successor. So he got trusted with writing a lot of key material.

hmmm. This comment brought to mind something said by Ray Franz at the Rose Bowl, I think it was. In the early part of the 60's?

Iy was Ray Franz who made a joke of those partaking in the emblems who were "young" and "thinking" they were of the annointed.

After he did that at the convention and generated plenty of snickers resulting in making a lot of those "young" JWs partaking to feel hurt, imbarrased, offended or whatever, the society then began hounding those "young partakers" to stop thinking they could possibly be of the annointed.

I was there. I'm pretty sure Ray was.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit