The Ring

by patio34 29 Replies latest social entertainment

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Loud noises and flashing lights... sounds like a cheap carnival ride.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

If you want to see a scary movie, go see "The Grey Zone." It's about the men who worked the crematoriums and cleaned out the gas chambers. Nothing is more frightening that reality. This is the movie Speilberg should have made.

• detective
    detective

I saw it and thought it was ridiculously bad. Truly comical!! My friend and I kept calling the lead character's viewing of the tape a justified mercy killing! Here horsie, here horsie! what's that? I scare you? Here's a briliiant idea, let me try that much harder to pet you- that'll make it all better!! Egads!!! Additionally, could the movie possibly have any more unanswered questions? And, not unanswered in a use-your-imagination good kind of way either!!

Actually, I found the movie quite entertaining. Just not in the way it was intended to be.

• patio34
    patio34

Hi MegaDude, The Grey Zone sounds intriguing.

Detective, LOL! The horsie scene was really stretching it by keeping on trying to pet him when he was so agitated.

Pat

• glitter
    glitter

I haven't seen the remake (not out here yet, not sure if I'll go when it is), but the original is one of my favourite horror films - I thought it was really really scary I definitely don't scare easily.

Edited by - glitter on 30 October 2002 7:10:36

• breeze
    breeze

The Ring....

Was a *** star movie....out of five stars....kind of erie but not a great flick...

Could have been called the well or the video....??? Those names must have been used?

I see a lot of movies, many B movies as well......IGBY Goes Down, is about the best B movie thus far 2002...Susan Sarandon could get a nomination for it....just my opinon...!!

BREEZE

Edited by - breeze on 30 October 2002 7:55:2

• bittersweet
    bittersweet

I have to agree with Breeze about "Igby Goes Down".Great,quirky movie(my favorite kind),and great acting too.What is it with those Culkin kids?Funny how talent runs in families.Susan Sarandon and Ryan Phillepe were great too.

I'm still undecided about seeing The Ring....some say it's really scary and others say silly.

• butalbee
    butalbee

I'm gonna wait until it's out on video.

• patio34
    patio34

LOL Butalbee, there's a bit of play on words on waiting till it's out on video.

Pat

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Ummmmm, maybe they die seven days later, because they forget to return the video to the rental store.

Talk about your late fees............

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit