The Ring

by patio34 29 Replies latest social entertainment

• patio34
    patio34

Has anyone seen The Ring? Spooky . . .

It has a wierd ending too. Crankycritic.com gave it a high rating. It's about a video that people watch and then die seven days later. It is a remake of a Japanese movie.

I liked it, but was a bit spooked by it.

Pat

Edited by - Patio34 on 27 October 2002 11:7:32

• outnfree
    outnfree

Pat,

I just saw the preview for that yesterday. My daughter, who loves scary movies, says she will not go to see it. It's "too" scary, she's guessing. I guess she guessed right! YOU won't be watching any videos for a while now, will you?

Warm regards,

out

• shera
    shera

Another movie I want to see....wonder if this one will make me cry..lol

• gilwarrior
    gilwarrior

I saw the movie last week. I did like the movie, but the ending was a bit of a let down. I also never figured out the origins of the tape. Anyway, I didn't find it scary, but it was suspensful and I do recommend it.

• AlanF
    AlanF

It's a real creepy movie alright. I won't spoil it for anyone by telling about the plot.

Unfortunately, as usual with scary movies, the plot is contrived and the basic premise is standard Hollywood pop-occult fare. It uses standard devices like flashing a scary scene onto the screen without warning, accompanied by loud noises to generate a shock. I rate the movie B for plot and A for the ability to generate creepy feelings. I actually felt my skin crawl at times.

AlanF

• shera
    shera

Did you see,Ghostship yet?

• patio34
    patio34

Possible spoiler alert, but probably not.

Edited to take it out and say "never mind."

Pat

Edited by - Patio34 on 27 October 2002 11:26:55

• wasasister
    wasasister

I loved the comments from Mr. Cranky regarding the premise:

I guess this kind of thing scares some people, but me, I flip the spirit world my middle finger by watching the tape every day and thus, continually extend my life. Apparently, the spirit world has no concept of semantics.

I have not seen this yet, but "Punch Drunk Love" was amazing, if you like quirky movies (and I do). Adam Sandler finally shows he can act.

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Shera,

No I haven't seen Ghostship--have you? Maybe I'll see it at the MB South Carolina Apostofest with Waiting, et al, during 11/2 to 11/11 (plug for the Apostofest )

Pat

• shera
    shera

Yep,I did see it.I posted on the jackass thread what it did to me ..lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit