What now?

by agent2863 25 Replies latest jw friends

• JT
    JT

7 of 9 says:

I am in no hurry to strap another oppressive monkey to my back

I fully agree with you- the minute anyone comes on a debate board announcing that they FOUND THE WAY and we need to follow them my BS Light goes off -- for all we have is another perhaps sincere person spouting thier OWN INTERPERTATION of what god expects

we all know that you can read one bible text give it to 100 different sincere christians and you will end up with a ton of different explanations on what god is trying to tell you

as i stated when i first came here

"I have spent 30 yrs arguing over did jesus die on a LIGHT POLE OR TELEPHONE POLE"

i have no desire to start that up again

smile

james

• Flip
    Flip

Hi Agent2863, I think I know what you’re trying to say, but I look at things from a slightly different angle.

The reason that there is no joy among JW's is because they deny every basic teaching of real christianity that could bring you joy.

I’m a former Jehovah’s Witness, and you can take my word for it, there are plenty of current JW’s who are very happy being JW’s. Every one, from WTBTS corporate lawyers, those in Financial and upper bureaucratic Management, to CO’s and PO’s and their wives, who enjoy the perks.

What many people continue to forget when discussing the WTBTS is that it’s not necessarily about religion…Christianity if you will, but the WTBTS is a business, a financial vehicle with “Christianity” as the fuel and in return the WTBTS supplies to loyal paying customers, a “world” of their own.

As in mainstream religious organizations, the WTBTS and Jehovah’s Witnesses is made up of “Users” and “Usees”. What the organization does better than most is muddy the waters making it difficult to see the difference. In the end, the WTBTS doesn’t really care where “you” think “you” fit in as long as they, the WTBTS, gets their “rent money” next “Friday”.

Many former Jehovah’s Witnesses just became tired of playing the game and living a lie, or hurting themselves, their families and others for the WTBTS’ sake. In most cases the answer to the question, “…to be or not to be…” was the realization the WTBTS and even ideas you earlier professed, have little to do with what is righteous.

Flip

• agent2863
    agent2863

I dunno, maybe I'm saying something wrong. I don't believe I have said on here that you must believe me to get to heaven. All I know, is what I have said, is to listen to Jesus. His words are clear enough. I don't have any Bible study aids for sale. When the Bible says Jesus died on the cross( pole or whatever it might have been, the main point is his sacrifice for you & me), for our sins & rose again & all we have to do is follow Him & we'll be saved, I don't think there's a hundred different interpretations for that. I have only said what the ink on the paper says. I'm not offering any deep interpretations of what it really means. That's just what is on the paper. God loves you. :)

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Agent:

Have you ever been a Witness? You don't speak in terms of having been one, only of having observed "us".

I appreciate what you are trying to do and you most certainly discredit JW teaching that only JW's do a "preaching work".

I can only say that any JW truly knows freedom after having experienced slavery and that they are aware of their options. Genuine Christianity generally is the first option they have considered and I think you have to respect whatever conclusions they have come to.

Path

• agent2863
    agent2863

Hi Pathofthorns. Point well taken. :) Your name speaks alot. Your right, I have never been a witness. I have studied quite a lot & have talked to those in & out. I don't pretend to know the pain & hurt or that I can whip off some pat answer and all your troubles are solved. I just care. That's all.

• freddi
    freddi

waiting:
    you are so right about leaving the k.h. is like getting a divorce. it does take awhile and the "so-called" friends make you feel like you should harbor guilt since you have left the truth. that was the hardest thing for me. the guilt that they make you feel. i have finally gotten over the feeling but it did take a long while.
    peace

Hi All!!!
    I am an inactive JW. The last time that I have been to a Kingdom Hall is about 11 yrs ago but I still try to keep up with what is going on with the society. I am happy to have found this site. Once again, "Hello to all."

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Thanks for your reply. But to be honest, as much as there is alot of hurt and pain, it's only for those who remain in that we care about and perhaps it's a little bitterness about the lost years and the feeling of stupidity of having been taken in by a scam. The appearance of "being lost" is generally only those who are trying to come to grips with leaving a cult.

I think many here are happy you are happy. But I think many of us have found our happiness too and are extremely cautious these days toward people like yourself because we actually have questioned things that you will probably find too painful.

You will find this place a poor forum to share your message. It's a message we know well and you might find yourself on the recieving end of a general backlash as most of us don't differentiate any more between fundamental Christianity and a cult.

Feel free to share your thoughts about life though. Questions to understand what we've been through are fine too.

Path

• trevor
    trevor

It has to be remembered that although Judaeo-Christianity is one of the world's main religions, it is also the newest. Eastern approaches to the pursuit of truth predate Christianity by many thousands of years. A true seeker of truth would find their search incomplete if they were to exclude other such sincere worshipers without an examination of their beliefs. All religions contain an element of truth but can any one religion claim to contain all truth and exclude all others? That is a question that you would be unwise to allow someone else to answer on our behalf.

Thoughtful disagreement is essential to progress. As we learn, we grow and change. I have not attempted to offer an alternative, but to show that belief in God need not include living in fear of death at Armageddon when one's best fails to meet the requirements of the Watchtower Society. We should be free of such fear and pressure to pursue truth with open minds.

I believe that we honour God by living our lives with Joy and helping others to do the same. Life was never meant to be sacrifice but was meant to be a pleasure. Organized religion has done much to rob people of the happiness that they have a right to expect from life. Often that joy is replaced with fear and the idea that this life is all a rehersal. If we don't enjoy and use the life we have - then why should we be given more?

Trevor

• agent2863
    agent2863

I admire the dedication and compassion of the people on this message board for their brothers & sisters in & out of the Organization. That's the way it should be. You offer them friendship & an ear that will listen & that's awesome. But when the dust settles, there is still a dire need for a personal relationship with God. I see people claiming to have 'found a way that works for them and although it's different than what the Bible says, it feels right to them'. Sure, everyone has a right to choose their own way, but isn't that how the J.W.'s got started in the first place. Charles Russell didn't like what he read in the Bible or couldn't fully comprehend it, so he created his own way. At one time I had my own idea of how things were or would like it to be, but when I looked in the Bible, my ideas weren't in there. I understand there are doubts & suspicions & no one blames you there,but it doesn't change the fact that we're all going to die one day and then it will be too late. None of our excuses will work when we stand before the throne of God. But if we're covered by the blood of Jesus, we won't need one. Yes, there are lots of religions to choose from, but as far as I know, all their leaders are still in their graves. Christ promised He would raise Himself from the grave and He did it. If He can do that, I think He can take care of me. Don't let the hard feelings about the Organization keep you from the one who loves you most. Christ is risen, He is risen indeed. John 10:10
    "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly." 1 John 5:13
    These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life."

• dark clouds
    dark clouds

agent:

of some of the many reasons i left, one was due to the fanaticism of the christian faith, granted with the jw interpretaion, and as many on the board here will agree the last thing many of us want is somebody saying "well after the dust settles you still need god in your life", the last thing many of us want is a PERSON saying those words, thank you but no, to say you empathize is wonderful, but you will never understand what this experience does to the psyche of one who HAS lived it. . .

you have had a choice in your path of faith for those of us without this choice it has been a very gruesome experience, EVERYTHING religious becomes a reason and a motivation to question and research. . .

read my post if you havent yet, "HOW WELL DO YOU KNOW THE BIBLE", and get back to me if you will, and maybe that will help you realize the amount of questioning that goes on in the head of someone who for 20 years belived the bible. . .

not asking for any type of sympathy, only for you to realize that converting is not that simple for most of us anymore. . .

CHUCK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit