JW Broadcasting is dying.

by John Aquila 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• cofty
    cofty
    Thanks for the update.
  • PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

JohnAquila-Your mom is great! The reasoning you used and the reasoning she used with the other ladies really made a difference. I bet that elder is scrambling to figure out how he is going to feed the pioneers, now that the old reliable sisters have put a stop to the hand-outs.

Isn't it interesting how if you go to a convention, the admonition is to bring a light lunch, yet the pioneer school expects a huge meal?

• Stirred
    Stirred
    Tell the pioneers to provide for themsleves....pack a light lunch or potluck it. Carry their own weight.
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila
    PaintedToeNail
    JohnAquila-Your mom is great! The reasoning you used and the reasoning she used with the other ladies really made a difference.

Heck, I didn't know this was going to cause such a fall out. I learned a lesson, speak when there is an opportunity, not necessarily to wake them up, but to help them see when they are being taken advantage of by the elders and organization.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

John Aquila

I love your Mom and these 2 elderly Sisters. I wish I could hug them. So much abuse is being done to so many. This treatment must be so hard on the Older ones. It breaks my heart.

I love the fact that you had a good laugh.

I truly believe that this cult is cutting it's own throat. All these "loving peoples" actions is causing MANY to question Jehovahs backing on this cult disguised as a religion.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    They tried showing the broadcast here on Saturday's , but quit because noone was showing up.
  • rebel8
    rebel8
    Then the feed the elite thing...big fat heavy dinners for lunch??
    I am appalled that elderly ladies were imposed upon to provide any meals, let alone expensive, hard to prepare items.

Were they expected to transport it too? It's difficult to manage that, let alone strength required to carry it.

Was this for pioneer school? Just to put it in perspective (possibly), I don't recall ever getting meals cooked for me outside of pioneer school. in the school, 1 local kingkongregation was assigned to provide the lunches 1 of the days. Then each cong would ask for volunteers to bring stuff. They overdid it big time. It was a huge buffet with heavy food.

Other than that, like I said, pioneers weren't fed. We actually got shat on quite a bit. They had to do a special needs talk about people "letting" the pioneers always drive and talk at the doors in field service, and nobody even contributing gas $. The publishers were quite happy to let us do all the work. Elite? My sweet patootie.

• whathappened
    whathappened

Your momma is the bomb! She is on her way to waking up!

My sister and I both left in our late 50's. There is hope!

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

rebel8

Was this for pioneer school?

I’m assuming it is because my neighbor who is also a JW asked my mom to provide a meal and my mom said ---NO!

I think the rebellion of the elderly has begun.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

Funny, when I first left the dubs, I had never cooked a turkey for Thanksgiving. My then fiancee, now wife (never a dub), had to work our first Thanksgiving together. She had to work at 5 am. It was left to me to prepare for her family.

How did I learn? I looked it up on the internet, that same place, while still an elder, I learned TTATT right here on JWD.

What a great tool the internet. I hope this refusal to help the elderly sisters leads them to the net, but not to J W dot borg. lol

Snakes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit