JW Broadcasting is dying.

by John Aquila 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• zeb
    zeb

and if theolder ones learn their way in to the net what might they discover?

and its a predictable shitty way to treat the older sisters.

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

truthseeker100

truthseeker100
    I remember back in the 60's carrying a booklet published by the WTBTS that was to be used to teach people how to read so they could understand the bible.

Yea, those days are goneeee! Today's Watchtower is about Donations and Volunteering in Real Estate projects.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

So if Abraham was over 100 years old when raising a child. Why are the c.o.b.e.'s removed when they reach 80 years old?

Here is a part of the June 1, 2014 body of elders letter:

As the organization continues to expand, there is a need for more brothers to reach out and a need for those who now serve as elders to take on more responsibility. To assist in this ef- fort, the Governing Body has decided that, effective September 1, 2014, brothers who are 80 years of age or older will no longer serve as a coordinator of the body of elders. Of course, a co- ordinator of the body of elders who is not yet 80 years of age might also modestly decide that it would now be best to have another brother take on this role.—Mic. 6:8.

HYPOCRITES!

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100

I think in the developed world we are going to see similar occurrences like this in the next few years. The witnesses waited far too long to embrace the information superhighway,

In the developing world lets hope the internet develops rapidly.

Sad days really for publishing empires like newspapers and the WTBTS,

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

John Aquila

She is finally starting to see the hypocrisy and lack of love.

Preaching this as way to treat the older sisters:

*** it-1 p. 940 Gifts of Mercy ***
    In addition to caring for widows, the first-century congregation organized relief measures in behalf of other needy believers. Again, such organized giving, though directed by the congregation’s appointed men, was completely voluntary.—Ac 11:28-30; Ro 15:25-27; 1Co 16:1-3; 2Co 9:5, 7; see RELIEF
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

Wonderful original reasoning - and advice to your mom, John Aquila - and an even better reaction from her!

Give her a cuddle from me, and tell her how special she is.

I admire her - and her wee boy.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    This really boils my blood. The widows are supposed to be taken care of! This is the true duty of congregation servants, not asking lurid questions in little rooms!!
  • tiki
    tiki
    This story really gallss me on so many levels...first just rude to tell them to go buy tech products that are quite pricey and most elderly are on limited fixed incomes...and to learn use is pretty challenging when your eyesight and dexterity is pretty much shot. Then the feed the elite thing...big fat heavy dinners for lunch?? Most normal people eat light lunches...salad..sandwich...soup...so they stay awake and can effectively function throughout the afternoon. Not to mention roasts of beef, Turkey dinners can run up a serious grocery bill. The nerve of the bleeps.
  • campaign of hate
    campaign of hate

That boredcasting thing is just a fad.

FAD: an intense and widely shared enthusiasm for something, especially one that is short-lived; a craze.

That's all this religion is these day. Fad, fad, fad.

It's less than one year old, and it's already getting boring in a lot of congs.

That's why i think the GB will schedule a new meeting once a month to watch that shit. It will be mandatory, like the midweek and weekend meeting. That will get the sheep back in line.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Give the Elderly ones a good dressing down and guilt trip, then turn around in the next breath and ask them to cook expensive meals for the holier-than-thou Pioneers? F*ck those condescending asshats! That would be the last time I'd ever set foot in a Kingdom Hall if I were those older ones.

Like I've been saying, the motto of the JW's continues on,

"The beatings will continue until morale improves."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit