Band Green Day and JWs

by hardtobeme 36 Replies latest jw experiences

• sparky1
    sparky1
    Ahhhhhh.......................................the Summer of 1975! After slaving away all week at Watchtower Farms, Gary L. and I headed down to Baltimore in my green '69 Chrysler Newport Coupe w/the green alligator skinned vinyl roof. We picked up a couple of girls from his old congregation and cruised down the Baltimore Beltway racing a Corvette in and out of traffic. Our destination? A JOHN DENVER concert! Great venue, great music and nary a word out of John Denver about Jehovah's Witnesses or any other religion.
  • recovering
    recovering

"The New Zealand variant of this involved Glen Campbell asking any JWs present at his NZ concerts to stand up and then ordering them to leave. "

Steve this one is urban legend is particularly amusing to me. You see in the United states it was widely reported that Glen Campbell was a Jehovah's Witness. I remember this well, because my mother was a big fan of his music. As a matter of fact , This was such a prevalent rumor that James Penton referenced it on page 367 of his book Apocalypse Delayed: The Story of Jehovah's Witnesses.

"For example, it was long claimed inaccurately that American singing star Glen Campbell was a Witness, and some went so far as too state that they had seen him at district conventions."

Jehovah's Witnesses can't even come to a consensus as to whom to embrace versus whom to vilify.

• hardtobeme
    hardtobeme
    Thank you everyone!!!
  • jws
    jws

I'm reading Jame's Randi's book on Uri Gellar. Similar. He wouldn't perform if there were magicians present or skeptics. He didn't want those who would watch him carefully or recognize magicians tricks. The claimed their negative attitude created a bad vibe preventing him from performing. Funny how a psychic didn't know they were there sometimes.

And I suppose the theory is the JWs scared away demons who somehow infused these artists with the ability to play.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

I grew up feeling guilty whenever I enjoyed a Stevie Nix song because I was told she was a witch and demanded witnesses leave her concerts if they were there.

It's just self important gibberish from our delusional subculture.

• Billyblobber
    Billyblobber
    We heard that about Prince growing up, which is utterly hilarious now
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

hardtobeme - "Green Day is a satanic band."

Oh, totally; I mean, the lead guy wears eyeliner, for goshsakes!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit