Does It Bother You Too??

by kelpie 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Perry
    Perry

You are simply experiencing what I have scientifically coined an "Arma-phobic Response." It starts in the pit of your stomach and travels through the body until reaching the spine. It then travels up the spine in a tingling-like fashion on through the cerebellum finally positing itself in the frontal cortex. At this point an incredible lightness of being is felt when one contemplates the emptiness of death.

Usually, conjuring up images of Fred Franz foaming at the mouth uttering inspired prophecies returns the body and mind back to normal. A double scoop of Haagen Daas ice cream administers the final anadote.

• Realist
    Realist

outoftheorg,

excellent post! its very true...they get very agitated (at least the ones have some doubts) when talking about teachings that are obviously not true.

• shera
    shera

I was a scared at times,what about if it is true,until I started to learn "ALL the crap" about the WTS.

The so called new lights ,when the old lights don't add up any more.,with all the foolishness that is going on,God's spirit isnot there.

I have a little story,It may sound corny to yahs,but here it goes.

When I'm pregnant,I become very sick for months and months and end up in the hospital.My BF's family are very spiritual and love God.I didn't know but they prayed for me,and the next day as soon as I woke up I felt God and that they prayed.I felt 80 % better and I stopped getting sick constanly.With all honesty I felt God's Spirit and God helped me.

So I know we donot need to be a JW to have God's love and Spirit and I must admit ,I still had that JW mind saying ...mabey satan answered the prayer(lol)..No it was God.

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

what bothers me is people using this fear tactic to make people submit to the authority of the WTS. armargedon is nothing to worry about if you have the faith. and if you dont have faith then why fear anyway 'cos it wont happen.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Kelpie

Francois could not have put it any better!

Kudos Francois

• Dismembered
    Dismembered
    She then said "arn't you scared about all that is happening???

Kelpie,

Your sister is the one that should be "scared". Why? Well in light of the fact that JWS ranks are shrinking and attendance at Kingdom Halls is dropping off like flies in winter. She was never taught that stats like that were going to happen. Am I right?

Edited by - Dismembered on 24 October 2002 11:6:52

Edited by - Dismembered on 24 October 2002 11:7:45

• Mulan
    Mulan

Never. I have no doubts anymore. They are wrong. The world has always had wars, rumors of wars, and violence. Same old same old.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Back in '76, the UK had it's hottest summer on record. It didn't rain for FIVE MONTHS, in England!

Houses were tilting over as the earth shrank, smoke was in the air from innumerable spontaneous grass fires, it was so hot.

My Mum, bless 'er, said it was the start of the time of the end. Michael get yourself back to the Kingdom Hall!

..Er..no Mum.

Next day it started to rain. And rain and rain.

Englishman.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Thank you Realist.

I often wondered why some jw's would get so agitated in a rather nervous way when they were trying to convince others about the time of the end prophecies from the wbts.

Then I read a book about cults written by a psychiatrist and found the explanation there in the book. It fit in with the memories I had of these people so well it was astonishing.

Up to that point I just thought there was something wrong with them. I guess there was.

Outoftheorg

• BLISSISIGNORANCE
    BLISSISIGNORANCE

hi kelpie. fear is such a big word, over-used in the organisation. fear seems to be the best tactic to bring and keep people in the org. but i have a scripture for you to ponder over and maybe even help your sister with. 1 john 4:18 "there is no fear in love, but perfect love throws fear outside, because fear exercises a restraint. indeed, he that is under fear has not been made perfect in love." tell your sister you're not going to pack your bag and go on a guilt trip, it's all about pulling at the heart strings. but hang in there and keep searching. it'll be worth it in the long run. bliss.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit