Are We Getting Used To Terrorism?

by minimus 21 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

It is so easy to underestimate the enemy.Every day in every part of the world, we are affected by terrorism.Especially after 9-11, we were more aware and vigilant of the possible dangers that we might encounter. Now, the newest threat could be snipers. Imagine if suddenly , in every state or country, a sniper slyly attacked the innocent. Right now, for those living in the Washington D.C. area,everyone is on alert. But what about those that are not so close to the crime scene? Are we beginning to let our guard down? Are you as afraid of terrorism striking YOU as you were before?

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

Well we are up in arms about the DC sniper, but we hardly seem to care that 14 people were killed in Israel from a suicide bomber. I think it all comes down to what is closest to home. If it is on TV and in a land we can not relate too, we seem to absorb it with less emotion than when it is against a nationally known location.

My thought

Dragon

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

You have a greater chance of dying in a car accident. Until the American government looks inward and changes itself, getting used to terrorism is about the best thing a person can do. Living in fear is exactly what they'd like.

I hope I don't sound too insensitive. But terrorism is the flavour of the hour and it is easy to forget the things that are really important in your life. Why worry about what *could* happen at the expense of what is truly relavent to us and those close to us?

Path

• yucca
    yucca

I AM NOT USED TO IT. I AM CONCERNED MY SISTER LIVES IN ANNAPOLIS MARYLAND. MY NIECE HUSBAND AND THEIR 3 CHILDREN. EVEN THO THEY HAVEN'T COME THEIR WAY YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN THEY MIGHT. I PRAY TO THE LORD THEY CATCH THIS EVIL MAN. HE IS THREATENING CHILDREN. HOW CAN SOMEONE WANT TO HARM CHILDREN. EVIL EVIL EVIL! I DON'T THINK WE WILL EVER KNOW PEACE AGAIN TIL JESUS COMES BACK. GOD BLESS

• yucca
    yucca

I AM VERY CONCERNED ABOUT ISRAEL. I HAVE FRIENDS THERE. ONE OF THEM ALMOST WAS BLOWN UP SEVERAL TIMES. THEY ARE SO BRAVE BECAUSE THEY COULD COME HERE TO LIVE. I PRAY FOR THE PEACE OF ISRAEL. GOD GAVE THEM THAT LAND AND THEY HAVE A RIGHT TO BE THERE. IN CASE YOU ARE WONDERING I AM A GENTILE WITH JEWISH FRIENDS.

• minimus
    minimus

I believe that if we just carry on as normal, it's a big mistake.

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

If you mean "we" as in "America", then yes, it is a mistake to carry on as normal. It is time to make some changes and if you don't agree, then it is time to insist strongly. Why should you pay for the mistakes of government policy if you don't agree with it?

Path

• heathen
    heathen

I think terrorism will never go away so we might as well accept it and try to live as best we can .They say that everyday 3 women are murdered by jealous boyfriends or husbands that tells me that people definately have a tendency for violence that cannot be controlled. What gets me is that I listen to the news and people would like to blame video games but then go on and talk about killing people in other countries like it's a responsibility.

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

minimus, why isn't this sniper called a TERRORISTS? If it were anyone else not from the United states he would be called a terrorists. Doesn't that tell you something?

The manipulators 'must' condition us to live in a state of 'fear' so they would have easier and better control over us!

Guest 77

• Simon
    Simon

We've had terrorist attacks in the UK for many, many years now. The towns on both sides of us (Warrington and Manchester) have both had major IRA bomb blasts in recent years which killed children and others.

Terrorism may be new to mainland America ... welcome to the world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit