Has Anybody Seen Any Good Movies Lately?

by minimus 33 Replies latest jw friends

• LB
    LB

Francois two of my best friends were in that battle featured in "We Were Soldiers". One lost his life. While I love being an American I have no faith in our government. I will remove my hat for the pledge or the anthem but I will not say a word, I just stand there quietly. I am no patriot to anything. But I would pick up arms to defend my home, family or friend.

I feel we are so far gone that we could elect the most honest man in our nation and it wouldn't make a difference. Yet people will get into fist fights over who should be leader. It's laughable.

We Were Soldiers is a very good movie and a must see for anyone that wants to see what our kids had to endure in that joke of a war. It's raw and it's honest. I would make any kid thinking about joining the arm services view that first.

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

NOPE NOT REALLY not at the show where a body pays $5 ea. QUEENIE

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

"Red Dragon" is good. However, the book is much better. If you liked "Silence of the Lambs" then you will enjoy "Red Dragon." Anthony Hopkins is hilarious and spooky at the same time as Dr. Lecter. Much better film than the awful "Hannibal."

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

Francois.......White Oleander is about a young girl who's mother went to prison for murder and the daughter went to many different foster homes. I really did enjoy the book (two thumbs up from me). The book follows Astrid thru the relationship w/her mother (emotionally abusive/controlling) and also the foster homes. Like I said.....if the movie is anything like the book it should be good.

I just rented "The Others" this weekend (Nicole Kidman).......another good movie. Strange twist at the end. Would recommend this one too.

Edited by - scootergirl on 21 October 2002 12:42:13

• Francois
    Francois

LB - I'm sorry about your friends in that battle. Had I been there, I guess every orifice in my body would have been slammed tightly shut; waterproof even.

Have you ever thought that some of these idealistic people run for president, or senator, or even congressman, are elected - and the first thing that happens is they are met with in secret by some represenative of some top level bureaucrats and are informed as to who is really running the show in D.C. and that the elected officials are merely for show to make the people think they really participate in the running of this country, and they'd better play Patsy or their entire life will be made pubic and THAT'S WHY these people seem to change so much when they get in office? I frequently do.

Like you, I had made up my mind that I wasn't going to give up my life fighting for Lyndon Johnson or anyone else in little wars like that. I would likely have fought in WW II, but not Korea, not Vietnam, not Desert Storm. And I think we're going about this so-called War on Terrorism all wrong. The best thing I've ever heard about that topic came from Benjamin Netanyehu: "You don't win a war on terrorism by looking for a needle in a haystack. You win that kind of war by dealing with the entire haystack." I say we do whatever we need to do to protect our country if it means turning the entire Arabian peninsula all the way from Jordan to the Indian boarder into a glowing, glass parking lot.

francois

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

I saw My Little Eye a couple of weeks ago. Very good if a little sick towards the end. Kinda like Big Brother gone wrong.

Red Dragon was good too.

I'm waiting to see 28 Days Later, the new one by Danny Boyle. Btw, it's not the sequel to the Sandra Bullock flick.

Ignored One of the "I love movies" class.

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Lilacs, I liked the original Blade better also.

I watched Jason X this weekend. It was the standard Jason gore-fest with a futuristic twist thrown in. I'd have liked it better if Jason got revived by the Star Trek Liberals in Space gang and whacked a few of them though.

Mike.

• waiting
    waiting

REALLY liked Red Dragon - as good as Silence of the Lambs, imo.

I've heard nothing but praise for My Big, Fat Greek Wedding. Will go see soon!

waiting

• minimus
    minimus

I'm going to see Red Dragon tonight. Thanx for all the info!...BTW, does this violate any scriptures about eating blood?

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

Michael Moore is a leftist nut case and Bowling is tripe.

I'll vote for "We Were Soldiers," great movie, great book. I lost three friends and a cousin in that Asian pest hole.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit