Has Anybody Seen Any Good Movies Lately?

by minimus 33 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I'm thinking of going to a movie this week. I hear Red Dragon is good. Any suggestions on a movie???

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

Hey.......I will go and see Red Dragon with you! Tell me when and where!

Actually, I just finished reading "White Oleander" and am considering taking in the movie. The book was great! But past experience has told me when the book is great the movie is mediocre.

Another movie that I am patiently waiting to come out is the new one w/Billy Bob Thorton and Patrick Swayze......something called "Waking up in Reno"...I can't remember the exact title.....only saw the commerical once.

• ugg
    ugg

my "GREEK WEDDING" can't remember the whole title...really good....much better than what i expected.....very funny!!

• Rogue_Protecter
    Rogue_Protecter

Seen sweet home Alabama this weekend...was great movie.Specailly for those of us from the South..

• Englishman
    Englishman

I've not been for a few weeks. I thought that Bend it like Beckam was brilliant, even if it was a chick-flick.

Englishman.

• Francois
    Francois

Just saw "We Were Soldiers" the other night. Very good movie about the first American losses in Vietnam. Mel Gibson is very good. The overall effect of the move is: Sad. But informative. I think we need to see movies like this so that we can see how the government misleads the citizens of this country.

I was never in the service. I knew enough at the time to know the reason for us being there was phony and I would have refused service in any event. That Gulf of Tonkin Resolution was a joke. The US ships that were "fired on" in the Gulf of Tonkin were barely scratched. I don't think the paint was damaged even. And I didn't believe in the domino theory anyhow. And, I wasn't going to put my life on the line for that gangster Johnson.

Wow. I didn't start out to write that. I guess it doesn't take much to get me started on government dishonesty and such. But lotsa guys my age died over there and they shouldn't have been there in the first place.

francois

• Francois
    Francois

Scooter - Isn't "White Oleander" about child abuse?

ft

• Mulan
    Mulan

My Big Fat Greek Wedding................already mentioned, but thought I would say it anyway.

The funniest movie in years.

• roybatty
    roybatty

Rented "High Crimes" this weekend. Very good movie. Morgan Freeman is always awesome (even when he was on Eletric Company)

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I seldom go out to watch movies. I wait for them to come out on video or PPV.

I just saw We were Soldiers this past week, and Murder by Number, with Sandra Bullock. In the Bedroom, also a good movie. It's a little long though.

If you like gore, Blade ll is ok. I liked the first one better.

Shari

Edited to ad: I agree with Roybatty, I saw that movie too, and yes, it was very good.

Edited by - Lilacs on 21 October 2002 11:14:44

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit