All bookstudies at the KH???

by Intuit39 31 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

I've heard of at least the one congo up in Sydney that also has all their book studies in the KH. Something about "loving concern for the brothers", or something like that, eh?

Cheers, Ozzie

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

czarofmischief wrote:

We did the Greatest Man book, that was the best. It was during that book that I got reproved for the second time and they said I wasn't allowed to comment anymore at any of the meetings. (has that ever happened to anybody else?)

That never happened to me. What were your comments that got you removed from the approved for answers list?

gb

I was denied commenting privileges for getting PRIVATELY reproved - for buying booze for the underagers

CZAR

• Dismembered
    Dismembered
    Perhaps all the elders and ministerial servants got tired of having the great flock over once a week! *LOL*

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

You may be right. It gets sickening after a while. Same ones always having to "set the example". Year after year. We had the Divine providential privilege here for 4 years. Having to set up the folding chairs,etc. They (the little sheepies) wreck the carpet, clog the toilet, knock stuff over, won't take their damn shoes off, won't leave after the boring study is over..the list goes on & on. It's no wonder people tire of such a 'privilege'.

Dismembered

Edited by - Dismembered on 19 October 2002 8:45:51

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Maybe its because of the sniper? They figure less moving people...less targets maybe? We used to have one book study group, sometimes two, meet at the Kingdom Hall for the disfellowshipped people to attend who were not allowed to go to peoples homes. One saturday one was for the older ones in the congregation who had trouble going out at night too. :)

• shera
    shera

I remember they used to change it everyonce in awhile.We would go to the KH for bookstudies...that wouldn't last long,than they would have this vote thing..asking people who would like to have book studies in their homes.When the CO visit came we had the book studies at the KH for we could all meet him and his wife....

• frogit
    frogit

I had the privilege of the book study at my house for 10 years... no one ever "clog my toilet", why? I took the toilet paper out, so that they had to wait and do it at home...ha ha. I got fed up of buying toilet paper for the group.

Some nice sister was so thankful of me having the book study at my house; she used to hide little presents after the study for me, oh the blessings!

frogit

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

frogit said

I took the toilet paper out, so that they had to wait and do it at home...ha ha. I got fed up of buying toilet paper for the group.

Do you know you can be disfellowshipped for that? Man you bad

Dismembered

• Intuit39
    Intuit39

Well, sorry to be so vague. I was trying to protect the 'innocents' by not mentioning exactly where in the NE...nowhere near the sniper's range.

This is a congregation that was split in two in approx 1972 due to the growth pre-1975. All of us kids at the time would sit or stand in the back.

Then in the mid-80's a smaller congo nearby was disbanded and the servants and publishers redistributed to three or four surrounding congos; this was due to the seasonal nature of the local population and by extension attendance at the hall (ok...beach community). In 1987, the new (rather wasteful, gaudy) hall was built to accommodate the two 'sister' congos.

The congregation in question has very few left. When I last visited, there might have been 15-18 people in attendance out of a peak of about 120 pub's and lots of kids. I know that many moved away (some faded away?) due to the fierce browbeating of a couple of the elders.

Now, they can't get any one in service, and they tend to blame it all on 'materialism'... So they have all the book studies meet at the hall. The only other suggestion that came up so far on the thread that may have a real bearing on this situation, is that they really want to keep an eye on the 'waverers' --bc along with good jobs and 'materialism' usually comes a good home pc and the internet!

"All along the Watchtower...told a pack of lies!"

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Intuit39

Now, they can't get any one in service, and they tend to blame it all on 'materialism'... So they have all the book studies meet at the hall. The only other suggestion that came up so far on the thread that may have a real bearing on this situation, is that they really want to keep an eye on the 'waverers' --bc along with good jobs and 'materialism' usually comes a good home pc and the internet!

That's good news

Dismembered

• Room 215
    Room 215

In this case, I think the most obvious reason is the main one. Hosting a book study is a thankless ``privilege'' which saddles the hapless homeowner with the obligation to set up the room, often to endure countless acts of thoughtless abuse and the inevitable inconsiderate few who come early and/or leave late, and to make the site available on Saturday mornings for the meeting for field service; in short a roayal pain in the posterior.

That's why in my Kingdom Hall there are ten elder/homweowners and only one has a book study in his house; they know better.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit