All bookstudies at the KH???

by Intuit39 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Pepper
    Pepper

I remember well the book study, full or real fond memories like taking the money from the contribution box for the ice cream man, getting beavershots from my girl friends cause we had to set on the floor for lack of chairs, and ahh yes, spending an hour circling (GOD and JEHOVAH) in some old book or magazine, to keep us out of trouble.

My favorite was listening to this old brother relate his encounters with the demons and how he expelled them by using Gods name, now that used to scare the shit out of me.

And my pet Cat coming in the front room where the study was going behind the couch and craping, and no one knew but me cause I seen him go behind there, it was too funny, everyone looking at each other like who's the pig who cut a cutie. LOL I had my first kiss and a few other goodly things out side after the book study from my girl friend behind the house while the some of the group were drinking wine inside, ahh life was sweet, it was the only meeting I liked other than when my Dad made me set on the floor next him by his big chair so he could thump my head with his thumb.

Pepper, Laughing

• Etude
    Etude

To answer the question, yes! My mother attends a congregation in Montecito, CA and about 3 to 4 months ago, they started having the Book Study in the K.H. Shes not sure why they changed it, but I imagine that somebody is afraid of liabilities. From what she tells me, I gather nobody likes it. I've also heard that they don't meet at private houses any more before going out to congregationally-arranged "field service". They meet at the K.H.

Now, Id like to relate a personal experience about this: I once attended a Book Study at a private house where it was obvious that the owners did not want to use their nice living room area to be trampled weekly by a group of people. They instead volunteered their basement that, although had sufficient room to accommodate a group, was next to a not-so-well-insulated bathroom. On one occasion, somebody had to go. The first clue to what was happening in there were some funny noises, which we tried to ignore. Next was a thunderous flush and then came the overpowering smell. It was hard to pay attention to anything after that. Needles to say, that was the last time the Book Study was held there.

Etude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit