Were/are you Anointed?

by onacruse 43 Replies latest jw experiences

• onacruse
    onacruse

I was very sure that I was, for several years (in the 80's). Never ate/drank the emblems. Don't feel that way now AT ALL.

I knew a few others my age that had a similar experience.

Fantasy?

Self-delusion?

Climbing the ladder?

Craig

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

When I was suffering from major depression (also in the 80's!) I thought for a couple of years I might be. But the feeling passed, like gas, and I realized that I was simply searching for answers. That was what led me to leave.

Have you ever tasted the "unleavened" bread? Kinda like chewing particle board to me. My father-in-law is of the anointed (since '65) and I used to pick ou the wine for him (even after I left the organization!!).

• onacruse
    onacruse

LOL...as a matter of fact, YES! One night, when I was about 12, my folks were driving us home from Memorial, and they had the "leftovers." Us 3 boys asked if we could see the bread, and they even let us eat some of it...said it wasn't "special" anymore.

Craig

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Mary, a very gifted writer on this forum once posted this with regard to being annointed. I think it just about sums the whole situation up:

If you were baptized before 1935, you're of the annointed;

If you were baptized between 1936 - 1940, you could be of the annointed;

If you were baptized between 1941 - 1950, there's a possibility you could be of the annointed;

If you were baptized between 1951 - 1961, you'd have a better chance of being struck by lightening than being of the annointed, but we might let you slip by if you've been really really zealous for the last half a century;

If you were baptized between 1962 - 1975, you were running ahead of the organization, and were over-enthusiastic about being of the annointed seeing as The End was "right around the corner". Chances are you left in '76.

If you were baptized between 1976 - 1986, there's a small window of opportunity there, cause somebody had to replace all those "apostates" at headquarters in the early 80s. By you better be DAMN enthusiastic, and a Yes Man for the rest of your LIFE!! We catch you slipping up on ANYTHING, and you won't even qualify to handle the $%^ microphones by the time we're finished with you!!

If you were baptized between 1987 - 2000, you obviously have mental problems if you think you're of the annointed, unless you're related somehow to one of the Governing Body members and use either Oil of Olay or Grecian Formula for men.

2001 - 2002 - You are obviously an apostate and if we catch you drinking the wine at the Memorial, you're ass'll be out the door faster than a hog at meal time.........

• onacruse
    onacruse

Dutchie, I was baptized in '62, but had "dedicated" myself in '60.

Makes me a reasonably good candidate, eh?

Craig

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

Wait ... I still am anointed! LOL

I think it was a matter of confusion, their thought was never real. So with that in mind, it makes sense that we would get confused.

Take Care

Dragon

• happysunshine
    happysunshine

I was just wondering about that topic. After leaving I thought "are they mentaly ill, or just arrogant?". Looking back, all the ones I knew were really old and kind of half there, upstairs wise. There were two younger ones (late 30s) I remember, KS in Halifax and LS in Parksville. I heard KS did tons of drugs in the 70s so it might of fucked up his mind. He was a really nice guy, and seemed pretty normal when I met him though. He stopped partaking about 10 years ago. The other guy, LS, was kind of a puffed-up jerk. Once in a while you'd see his eyes kind of glaze over and he'd get this freeky look.

Edited by - happysunshine on 18 October 2002 2:32:50

Edited by - happysunshine on 18 October 2002 2:35:4

• happysunshine
    happysunshine

Thats hillarious OAC! Tastes pretty homely, eh? I made it for a memorial in Toronto once, and we ate a bunch of the extra stuff. Reminded me of 'Wasa' crackers. This was a little chewy, which helped one of the partakers with no teeth.

• Robdar
    Robdar

I thought I was but the WTS said that I couldn't be. So, I never partook of the emblems and I didn't talk about it to anybody.

I don't worry about it now.

Love,

Robyn

• onacruse
    onacruse

Dragon: Yes, confused...and disoriented, perhaps nonplussed ("suggests a more intellectual surprise at some irrational incongruence" S.I. Hayakawa).

Sunshine: I still can't stand those bland healthy-for-you crackers! LOL

Robyn: "I didn't talk about it to anybody." Neither did I, except my parents and (now ex-) wife. What a joke, that something so personal should be verboten.

Craig

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit