Which "APOSTATE" Site Helped You Out ...

by minimus 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

This one.

After reading this site, I was convinced Jehovah's Witnesses are a bunch of liars.

Farkel

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

ROTFLMAO @ Farkel. good one

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    none

Me too. I left in 1989 before Al Gore invented the Internet. But this site has helped me the most.

• butalbee
    butalbee

Well, I did a web search, and this site looked good.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

I had actually been out for years, but didn't confront my internal conflicts until I signed on to the Internet in 1994 or so.... (before World Wide Web) and found a mailing list for former XJW's called PHILIA. I met a lot of wonderful and encouraging people on there who helped me through my own suicide attempt, my own confusion and immense depression. Some of the members from Norway, including Kent Steinhaug, sent me flowers when I went into the hospital.. and that really made me feel special and loved. Randy Watters also spent a lot of time snail mailing me, talking to me on the phone, and emailing. When his site went up, it helped me immensely. And if I didn't say thank you then, I thank them profusely now for the care and love they showed for helping bring me through to the other side.

Country Girl

• Bona Dea
    Bona Dea

This one

• bsmart
    bsmart

This one and JWfacts.com. Where do our current members go for help?

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Jwleaks (where I was getting my KMs for my ipad) got the ball rolling and instilled a few doubts. Jwfacts was what woke me up, though.

• Gregor
    Gregor

long before any kind of 'sites' it was -

1 . being an elder on the JC that was caught up in the WT dabbling in personal sexual matters between married people and the resulting chaos.

" " " " " " " " " " new light on personal sexual matters and new grounds for divorce.

2. Having my 12 yr old daughter become the target of a 21 yr old JW sexual predator who was the nephew of the uber elder who convinced the BOE that I was in the wrong to contact the police.

3. Running across a TV interview with Bill Cetnar and following up on his story.

4. A stupid CO visit that left me livid with the lack of love. Concentration on field service quotas. "If you don't publish 10 hrs a month you are not a JW!"

this led to my resignation as an elder.

5. The Jonestown massacre in Nov. of '78. A tradgedy that gave me a new perspective on high control religion.

So here I am, waiting to be struck down at Armaggeddon.

I was long gone before the CoC came out.

F--- the WT Bible and Tract Company

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

1. Bethel & the Kingdom Hall

2. JWN-here

3. Watchtower Documents

4. JW Facts

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit