What is the "sign" of "Christ's Invisible Presence?"

by Fisherman 55 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    deleted
  • Fisherman
    Fisherman

I haven't seen it. Did I miss something?

"clear convincing evidence"

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

As far as the WTS. is concerned the WTS's says it is here because they sell it in their literature and self devised doctrines. Hundreds of Christian based faiths do not agree with this assertion or purposed doctrine.

It first started off by C T Russell and his Pyramidology based ideology and the late 19th century Adventist Dispositional movement.

The Bible Students movement founded by Charles Taze Russell had in its early development close connections with the Millerite movement and stalwarts of the Adventist faith, including George Storrs and Joseph Seiss. The various groupings of Bible Students currently have a cumulative membership of less than 20,000 worldwide. Although Jehovah's Witnesses and Bible Students do not categorize themselves as part of the Millerite Adventist movement (or other denominations, in general), some theologians do categorize the group and schisms as Millerite Adventist because of its teachings regarding an imminent Second Coming and use of specific dates. As of January 2014 there are approximately 8 million Jehovah's Witnesses worldwide.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    A "Sign" is remarkable evidence from God. The WT says says that ii is indisputable, hence it is inexcusable not "see" it.
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    A "Sign" is remarkable evidence from God. The WT says says that ii is indisputable, hence it is inexcusable not "see" it......Fisherman

...............................Image result for Mooning garden gnome

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

Fisherman

A "Sign" is remarkable evidence from God. The WT says says that ii is indisputable, hence it is inexcusable not "see" it.

The parable of the 10 virgins was given as part of the answer to the question recorded at Matt. 24:3 (God's Kingdom of a Thousand Years Has Approached, WT1973 pg205)

'The events set out in detail above were not performed in a corner, out of sight in an obscure spot, but have been taking place in the open where observing persons could take not of them, regardless of whether they understood their significance or not.'

pg 187.

'From that understanding of matters, the "chaste virgin" class began going forth to meet the heavenly Bridegroom in the year 1874, as they believed him to have arrived in that year and to be from then on invisibly present. They felt that they were already living in the invisible presence of the Bridegroom. Due to this fact, when Charles T. Russell began publishing his own religious magazine in July of 1879, he published it under the title "Zion's Watch Tower and Herald of Christ's Presence.'

pg 341.

'...did that composite "faithful and discreet slave" first come into existence during his "presence" or parousia from 1914 onward?

No: for Jesus illustration portrays the lord of the "slave" as going away , as a "man travelling abroad that left his house and gave the authority to his slaves,"...

It was more than nineteen hundred years ago at his ascension to heaven that the "master" of the composite "slave" went away, leaving the "slave" with instructions to feed the "domestics" '

pg 346.

The question is asked regarding C T Russell '(b) What record proves that he served as a faithful part of that "servant " class?'

and in the paragraph it says,

'It cannot be successfully disputed that, till his death in 1916, he lovingly served as a part of the "faithful and discreet slave" class in giving to the Master's domestics "their food at the proper time." '

Now if I understand correctly what David Splane is saying in the video that i viewed there is no 1900 year old slave

and I dont believe Christ was present in 1874 and so I find it difficult to be sure regarding the application of the 10 virgins as part of the sign and don't feel that it's 'indisputable' as I think

'It cannot be successfully disputed that, till his death in 1916, he lovingly served as a part of the "faithful and discreet slave" class in giving to the Master's domestics "their food at the proper time." '

could now be disputed.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

I think this line in my post, should include this quote from the book that i quoted from.

and I dont believe Christ was present in 1874 (include here)and so I find it difficult to be sure regarding the application of the 10 virgins as part of the sign and don't feel that it's 'indisputable' as I think

'From that understanding of matters, the "chaste virgin" class began going forth to meet the heavenly Bridegroom in the year 1874, as they believed him to have arrived in that year and to be from then on invisibly present'

I believe the same 6000 years chronology also led to 1975 something that came from the faithful slave/ bridegroom class if I'm not mistaken and so in my view the ten virgins fulfilment from 1914 as part of the sign could be disputed i think.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Some people are prone to imaginary delusional bullshit, distinctly separate from intellectual honesty.

Even the signs the WTS used to show that mankind is living in the end times is not indicative to the end times "signs"mentioned in the bible or the unscriptural dating calculation of 6000 years but those directions were cast aside because the WTS wanted to sell its literature to the public. A commercail farce developed and the Jehovah's Witnesses (sales representatives) was started entwined in this theological fraud.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Outlaw - what a funny picture/post, i love it!

Marina

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Uncantone, help me out on this one. What do you mean? Not being rhetorical. Kindly state your argument.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit