RAY FRANZ--You Are Appreciated Very Much!!!

by minimus 33 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

minimus I might not always agree with your threads but this one was well worth a BTTT

• TopHat
    TopHat

Hmmmm, Minimus wasn't brownnoseing...He was just feeling excuberate because Ray Franz helped him see the light at the end of the tunnel and wanted to express his feelings to us readers.

I personally would have never known about the Malawi/Mexico incident if I had not read about it in the COC book. THAT was the "Straw that broke the Camel's back" for me. Of course it was brought to my attention by reading JWD. I already had my own doubts about the WTS before reading COC.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I started my long fade 12 years ago. However, I never read his books. Yesterday, I finially ordered a copy. So in advance, thank you Ray.

• jinjam
    jinjam

without Ray Franz, i probably wouldn't have started living again!

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Hey all..............Ray's birthday is this month.

Let's all wish him a healthy and Happy Birthday.

To You Ray.........and many, many more.

HappyDad

• minimus
    minimus

How old will he be??

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Ray Franz helped save my life. I always feel some nostalgia whenever I think about my initial exit from slavery to the Witnesses. His courage inspired me.

Thank you Ray and happy birthday. You are cared about.

GBL

• averyniceguy
    averyniceguy

He will be 85 years old.

• flipper
    flipper

Ray Franz is a major whistleblower who lost a lot in the process. My ex jw husband learned a lot from CofC - even being a lifetime JW with elders in the family. He didn't know ANY of that stuff - that is some serious censoring in that org. I appreciate anyone with the nerve to do what he did and wish him a happy 85th birthday.... flipper

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Well...I was a snot nosed JW in the fall of 96 still arguing in the AOL Chat rooms like a mad person and defending JW beliefs and I did probably my very first search on "Jehovahs Witnesses" and the site that stuck out at me was RANDYs Freeminds site. And there was a sample blurb there about someone who had disassociated or something and it piqued my curiosity. So I went to the site and there were more blurbs about some guy named Ray Franz who wrote the book of all books and why it was I think his words were "the most hated and destroyed book" and so I thought...I have to see WHY that is the case. So I went to the library with my daughter and newborn and snuck into the religion section and brought home the only three books there...One of which was Crisis of Conscience (The other two...well one was Blood on the Altar by David Reed....cant recall the third) And as I was leaving the library who is walking UP the steps but the Congregation Overseers wife and a pioneer! So I thought Jehovah was punishing me...and the guilt!! Oy the GUILT! I covered the books with the baby in my arms, made nice and hauled ass outta there! I went home, opened Rays book...didnt put it DOWN for about a WEEK! And within one month was disassociated.

Yes Ray saved me. Theres no doubt in my mind. Randy's advertisement of his books sent me there. And my self righteous attitude made me do that search in the first place. I wrote to Ray to let him know how I felt too and Cynthia wrote me the most wonderful loving letter of encouragement. They dont come any sweeter than those two.

I dont worship the guy. And he would be pissed off if anybody DID. But his courage to be a whistle blower in the face of adversity and what he knew would mean dismissal from the only life he had ever known...was courage beyond what I ever would be capable of. God bless you and Cynthia Ray!! And Happy birthday!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit