Evolution or creation?

by haujobbz 155 Replies latest jw friends

• haujobbz
    haujobbz

If i had to answer this i suppose i would say im not sure which one i believe, i have always wondered why the universe is so huge and always wondered what its role is and how it affects us.

Im always fascinated when i look up at the sky and think to myself i feel so small in such a huge universe a sought of cold isolated feeling is what i experience and then i think, i wonder why this planet came to support life after all it was supposedly all happened by chance.

Dont get me wrong im no scientist but i think i need more convincing regarding evolution.

Can anyone help regarding these questions

• Realist
    Realist

what exactly is your question?

• Francois
    Francois

I'm afraid the jury is still out.

I believe in evolution. But I believe that it was set in motion by agencies of diety.

Others here believe in creation science. Which I take no stock in at all.

To my mind, the evidence for evolution is overwhelming. The only question remaining is how it got started in the first place.

One day, some sorta evidence will be produced that will be accepted by BOTH sides of the argument. I hope it's soon.

But I really don't believe that God has, through the bible, said anything about it.

If God had really spoken, everyone would know about it.

francois

• gumby
    gumby

Realist.....he wants more convincing evidence regarding evolution.

I tend to agree with him. I believe in a creator myself.

I was thinking about something upon reading this. Why do we usually think we have only two choices....Evolution or Creation? Why does either have to be a choice. There ARE other options.

• gumby
    gumby

Francois..One day, some sorta evidence will be produced that will be accepted by BOTH sides of the argument. I hope it's soon.

I hope the Hell your right my friend. I hope it's soon too. Were not getting any younger!

• JanH
    JanH

Denying evolution is comparable to denying that the earth revolves around the Sun. Fundamantalists have been short-sighted and fanatical in attacking science head on, as evidence for evolutiion has just become stronger and stronger all the time.

Apart from fundamentalists, Christians have few problems harmonizing belief in God with acceptance of evolution.

- Jan

• haujobbz
    haujobbz

Could you please enlighten me jan.h

explain some of this evolutionary progression

much aprecciated

Haujobbz

Also whats the purpose of the universe (im confused)

• JanH
    JanH

haujobbz,

Follow the link I gave above.

- Jan

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

Study cellular biology. The cell membrane alone laughs at evolution.

Which came first mitochondria or nucleus?

Smooth endoplasmic reticulum or rough?

A cell is dead without a golgi apparatus, because that is what dishes out by vesicle the all important amino acids so as to construct
    proteins so as to maintain itself or grow towards divisional meiosis.

How does the cell know which amino acids to produce at what time and what set that CYCLE into motion?

A cell cannot fuction with anyone of it's MAJOR parts missing and all parts are major parts in the function of a cell, because they are all part of a CYCLE, but evolution will have you believe otherwise.

Which came first the DNA or the cell? Cellular DNA replicates that which already is already in existance, ITSELF. Without itself existing, chromatin would not bunch up into chromosomes to cause division with the daughter cell having the same genetic DNA. Ribonucleic acids would have no need to begin the protein assembly process if it did not FIRST EXIST as a part of a cell cycle from the start.

I believe elementary cellular biology itself gives evolution the finger.

typo

Edited by - pomegranate on 9 October 2002 16:29:56

• crownboy
    crownboy

Hey haujobbz.

The evolution/creation debate has been a topic on this board for some time. As Francois has indicated, it is not a necessity to disbelieve both of them, as there are many theistic evolutionist in the world today who can harmonize scientific fact with religious belief. Some interesting threads on this board that you can read through are:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=36837&site=3

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=17730&site=3

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=16271&site=3

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=31509&site=3

Happy reading.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit