Evolution or creation?

by haujobbz 155 Replies latest jw friends

• IronGland
    IronGland

Are there any other subjects you are woefully ignorant of that you would LOVE to discuss?

Edited by - irongland on 11 October 2002 14:56:7

• gumby
    gumby

Pom, Sorry if I'm ignorant on this but.....do you believe in the bible also or only God? I to damn lazy to go back and check your threads/posts......and I can't remember crap!

Just so you know....I DO believe in a creator....things are too right in design.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Since your ignoring him, this is what IG said:

Are there any other subjects you are woefully ignorant of that you would LOVE to discuss?

Edited by - irongland on 11 October 2002 14:56:7

• rem
    rem

Pomegranate,

No need to be so tender.

But respect goes both ways. Continuing a discussion with senseless questions and bad scholarship is insulting to the intelligence of the other posters on this board. We have suggested to you many times to become educated so you can add value to the discussion, but so far you stubbornly refuse.

There are many scriptures about the "fool" in the Bible (Proverbs, specifically) that would apply here.

rem

• pomegranate
    pomegranate
    Continuing a discussion with senseless questions and bad scholarship is insulting to the intelligence of the other posters on this board. We have suggested to you many times to become educated so you can add value to the discussion, but so far you stubbornly refuse.

Insult. Calling something bad without proof is an insult. Saying I'm not educated is an insult.

You're ignored too.

Hey, maybe it will be easy to opt out of here. Just wait for the insults.

Matter of fact...I'm out of here...why wait to be insulted.

151 and rem are on ignore. See ya errr.....no I won't. OK. Just bah bye

Edited by - pomegranate on 11 October 2002 15:6:25

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

gumby, I believe in both God and the Bible...

...and science is waaaaaaay tooo kewl.

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

So much disinformation, I don't know which to answer or I miss something:

FD asked:

So no energy goes in or out?

In classical TD, that would be called an isolated system, right?

This is my last post on this thread. All ignores still apply.

Edited by - pomegranate on 11 October 2002 15:24:2

• rem
    rem

Hey guys,

I guess we can freely insult the ignorant creationist now that he's ignoring us.

What an idiot.

rem, hoping POM was joking... otherwise he really is a dumbass

• rem
    rem

Jim,

The things you relate to today people have experienced directly or someone that witnessd them has told you about them.

This is incorrect. By this standard you would have no evidence of the Roman Empire, since no one alive today experienced it directly. Yet you have the ruins and other artifacts... just like Evolution... we have fossils and DNA evidence. Because of this evidence it is silly to deny the fact of both the Roman Empire and Evolution.

It's your choice to close your eyes to evidence. Yes, faith is necessary to believe in creation.

rem

PS: Who wrote the Bible? Men.

Edited by - rem on 11 October 2002 16:20:24

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Bullshit Rizzo. Faith has nothing to do with science. A person can have faith in science, but in so doing, they are only putting confidence in a methodology of thinking that has proven over and over to provide hard evidence, and from that hard evidence, answers.

That is so far removed from what religious people call faith, that to use it in the same way is either stupid, ill thought, or dishonest. You seem a decent guy, so I'm assuming it is just ill thought on your part.

As for that quote of Solomon, if he really was wise, given a view of the world today, but from his perspective, we can bet that he wouldn't say what he said.

Man has tried "to figure it out", and had overwhelming success. (btw, why did you say "to no avail"? that sounds ignorant, considering the progress in understanding both basic and complex problems since Solomons day).

All the "works under the sun", man has most certainly figured out, certainly any that Solomon was contemplating. Hell a middle school student ask questions that Solomon wouldn't even have known to ask in his day.

Creation is more than just the spark of life, isn't it? You act as if science is providing zero answers as to how we came to the point we are at in human and animal developement. You act silly in that regard. Please stop, it's undignified and shows more of your agenda than your brain. Agenda's are for those unconcerned with truth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit