What are the costs of literature cart witnessing?

by oppostate 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• oppostate
    oppostate

In the article on the Guardian ( http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jul/14/jehovahs-witnesses-evangelism-church-god-armageddon ) mentioned in another thread, there's this quote of Mark O’Malley, who is “assigned” to the public information desk at the Jehovah’s Witness UK centre in north London. “We now have more than 165,000 [literature] carts on the streets in over 50 countries. It gives us visibility and availability. It’s something we’re going to see more of, definitely.”

The number of 165,000 carts in use means there's been a lot of money spent in obtaining these literature carts. How much money does each cart cost the congregation?

Also each cart needs signage, apart from literature, how much does the signage for the literature carts cost?

Interesting too that the WT PR person says "It's something we're going to see more of, definitely." This was echoed by a phone answerer at Bethel who said they were distancing themselves from door to door witnessing and focusing on phone and literature witnessing more and more.

Driving around in service and knocking on empty houses doesn't add money to the WT coffers. But, providing literature carts and their signage could be yet another income stream for the WT. It makes me wonder how much are they profiting from this new venture?

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

The cost of these things must be far, far less than the enormous fuel cost to publishers for driving around in oil-burners. In my case, I could have paid for one of these set-ups and easily saved my household 2,000 dollars (US) annually.

So what's the difference? I know who got the thousands of fuel dollars annually. The guy who owns the local pumping station! Who gets the revenue for the do-nothing cart-setups? I have no idea. But the "time" is a lot easier. You just stand there and do nothing!

• Splash
    Splash

The BoE of May 1st 2014 said
    6. Requesting public witnessing equipment: The Congregation Service Committee will determine the equipment to be requested and where it will be stored. Public witnessing equipment can be requested in the same way publications are requested. We are pleased to provide a document entitled Public Witnessing Supplies (S-80) that contains sample pictures and descriptions of stand-ard carts, stands, tables, and kiosks. The equipment will remain the property of the congregation. Care should be taken to request only equipment that will be put to good use by publishers who have been trained in its use. The congregation may be informed that the cost of these carts will be covered by their contributions to the worldwide work.

In the UK the posters for use on the trolleys cost about £20 every one or two months.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

As we know the WBT$ doesn't pay for a single thing unless they get profit back. why would the WBT$ bother if door knocking isn't cost effective? With the advent of the Internet and legions of 'mentally diseased apostates(tm)' the WBT$ are more likely afraid that the R&F will be converted away from the paedophile pyramid scam AKA watchtower corporation.

I can't imagine there is much profit in it apart from preventing the R&F getting 'accurate knowledge(tm)' from ex JWs.

They are re-branding and trying to get their brand known through the apathy trollies.

Bung 'em in town and people will see them and remember them. It's the WBT$ idea of book selling in the 21st century..........the use of apathy!

• Splash
    Splash
    165,000 carts x £20 = £3.3 million every month or so going to the UK WT branch.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein
    The costs are obviously lower for people who previously used their own cars and gas to travel about in the house to house service work. JWS probably like this, not only from that perspective but its easier to stand or sit on a street corner collecting time than walking door to door, no barking dogs either or contentious home owners.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

What is also ironically humorous is this picture of what stated on the cart.

The JWS haven't been teaching anything accurate from the bible, since they started selling their products.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

The carts are bought and paid for by the congregations.

The carts are in all probability made by an Org-sanctioned, Witness owned company, who will show their "appreciation" to the Org for putting business their way.

The carts apparently have to have public liability insurance - paid for by the publishers themselves. I can imagine that in future (if not already) these insurance premiums will be like KH insurance premiums - paid to the Org.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Mindless peddling of religious literature is what the WTS has been coercing people to do for a long time now,

full of concocted BS doctrines which they exploited from out the bible to support their proclamations.

Doesn't this guy look brainwashed ?

Its a business which people are taught and think they are going to be awarded by not getting murdered by the Hebrew God Yahweh and live a joyful paradise.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I see the brother(tm) has a 'silver sword(tm)' in his hand......... not something you see in reality.

those faux-bibles cost the paedophile protecting corporation too much.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit