Bash the Catholics here.

by JG 46 Replies latest jw friends

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Read the Bible -- Prayer IS part of WORSHIP!

Where is the Biblical basis for praying to ANYONE other than the Father, the Son, and the Spirit?

• Dia
    Dia

I have truly found 'home' in Catholicism.

There are an amazing number of avenues of faith in the church to reach out to people, from any walk of life and at any stage in their faith.

Catholicism reaches out to us in every human way. Intellectually and sensually and it deeply touches our hearts and our love for our fellow man.

Catholicism is so rich with scripture and tradition and, most importantly, is shared by people from every walk of life, and all around the world.

I've been through all that oogly-boogly, 'shivers up the spine' stuff when it comes to the beauty of Catholicism (raised a JW). Even condemning and afraid of those 'satanic' statues of Mary.

What a degrading and horrible thing JWs do to other people's faith, for which they have NO respect. And yet, Catholics would say, 'Be merciful to Jehovah's Witnesses'.

It is an extremely challenging faith, in the best possible ways.

Very, very hard for an exjw to 'allow' even a curiousity of this faith. But if you ever come around to it, it's really 'growing up' in your Christian faith.

To me, it is very much the essence of Christianity.

• PurpleV
    PurpleV
    Praying to Mary or asking mary to pray for us or Respect for mary, but Worship Mary would be wrong.

Where in the Bible does it say to pray to a human being?

Celebacy is just a way to make someone sin.

AMEN.

. WTF is a mass card??? Is this related to indulgences.??

I don't know what an indulgence is. All my life whenever someone dies all my Catholic relatives send Mass cards. It's a card you buy and it goes to a convent or a church somewhere where the name of the deceased is put on a prayer list, on the assumption that if you pay enough people to pray hard enough, the deceased's time in purgatory will be lessened and they can then shoot on up to heaven.

4. The Inquisition 5. The Crusades Carries embarrassment even after a thousand years. Obviously they didnt wait on Yahweh

LOL! Obviously not!!!

The fact that, as a baptized Christian, I am not welcome to accept communion. Well, if you openly maintain that youre not a catholic, well?

Thing is, I consider myself a Christian. Catholics are welcome to accept communion in my church, but we are not allowed to accept it in a Catholic church because we are not considered 'real Christians' because we don't belong to the "one true church." Yet another example of one religion claiming to be the ONLY one. Where have I heard that one before??

Also, what's up with the Mass and all the Confessions?

Thank you, I forgot that one! Yeah, I can't stomach that I must be forgiven for my sins by a human being before God will consider my salvation.

Like I said, I don't hate Catholics. I just feel they're being manipulated by a man-made organization, and I have some basic problems with that! I feel the same way about ANY religion that does this, I'm not singling out Catholics, (although this is a Bash the Catholics thread, LOL).

Hugs, V

• clash_city_rockers
    clash_city_rockers

Well Romanism or Popery or Papist theology or what ever you like to call it is a false RELIGION

I'll Break it down, at the the closing of the Counsel of Trent in 1564 Rome had condemed the gospel of being right with God once and for all by faith alone. Once Rome condemed the gospel the Roman Church no longer from that point on was a ligitamate church, but became a false church and anti-Christ Church. So if you ask if I'm an anti-RomanCatholic I will say Yes for the Roman Catholic Church is an anti-Christ church.

Let me quote the Papist.:

The Sixth Session

JUSTIFICATION CANONS

CANON XI.-If any one saith, that men are justified, either by the sole imputation of the justice of Christ, or by the sole remission of sins, to the exclusion of the grace and the charity which is poured forth in their hearts by the Holy Ghost, and is inherent in them; or even that the grace, whereby we are justified, is only the favour of God; let him be anathema.

CANON XII.-If any one saith, that justifying faith is nothing else but confidence in the divine mercy which remits sins for Christ's sake; or, that this confidence alone is that whereby we are justified; let him be anathema.

Grace is the Favor of God on the account of Christ a disposition of God's favor. Grace is not discribed in the bible in substance language like coffee in the morning to get you going. Rome teaches that with co-operation with your OWN MERIT....you Maret the work of Christ, That is salvation that is not completly of Grace Alone. Rominism is semi-pelagian. The Papist cannot give an account for this passage in scripture. Romans 4:4,5 4 Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt. 5 But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness, Your catholic(in the universal literal sense and not in the papist romanist sense) buddy, jr

Edited by - clash_city_rockers on 8 October 2002 8:46:54

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

XI. .....to the exclusion of the grace and the charity which is poured forth in their hearts by the Holy Ghost...

XII. .....that justifying faith is nothing else but confidence in the divine mercy (i.e. no more than pardon for your sins)

Read carefully.

As for not calling someone "father" - it applies to ' a man on earth' , not the Spirit.

And praying is not worshipping - please investigate this, I pray you.

To catholics, the bread and wine Are the body and blood - if you do not believe that then they have a responsibility to you "when anyone eats the bread and drinks from the cup in a way that is not right, he has done wrong to the body and blood of the Lord" [W.E.]

paduan

"and entering the house they found the Child with Mary His mother, and they fell down and worshipped Him"

Edited by - a paduan on 8 October 2002 15:37:14

• email
    email

Hitler was Catholic and died catholic... he never was excommunicated!

The church was a 100% behind him.

<email>

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Are you sure h e just didn't know it - certain things are determined as written in the catechism.

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Jim, LOL at your comment: "Those would make you happy be a Catholic, look at all the fun the Catholics can have visiting their most treasured religious sites."

Most Catholics, including myself, don't even know about that place with all the bones. And if they did, they certainly wouldn't "treasure" it.

Most Catholics are cultural Catholics anyway. They wouldn't give a hoot one way or another.

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

Stupid Catholics

A knaves religion is always the rottenest thing about him." John Ruskin, 19th-century British critic and author

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Yawn! What came first the Church or the Bible????

Hint hint: for the first 400 years of the Church there was NO CANON.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit