Bash the Catholics here.

by JG 46 Replies latest jw friends

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

JG,

A little bit of info. may be found here, about halfway down...

http://web.nwe.ufl.edu/~mnorcia/sa02/smair/paper.html

The next site on my schedule is the Capuchin Crypt. "The bones of 4,000 hooded Capuchin friars decorate the four chapels of the Capuchin Crypt, one of the most bizarre and elaborately macabre settings in Rome. A French Capuchin monk inaugurated the crypt in 1528 but never saw his brilliant concept brought to its spooky completion, as it was incomplete until 1870. Angels deck the halls with hip bone wings. The bodies of more recently deceased friars stand, robed and hooded, beneath bone arches. Even the chandeliers are made of bones. The last chapel displays two severed arms, and its walls are lined with skin. A child's skeleton is plastered to the ceiling, holding a scale and a reaper and accompanied by the uplifting inscription: 'What you are now we used to be, what we are now, you will be.'(Capuchin)"

This is all made from skulls:

And some skeletons:

Pope

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

The one thing I never understood about the Catholic religion, is that they pray to Marry. Jesus said that the only way to get to the Father, was through him. Mary was a mere human.

I don't believe in dreams myself but the first time I set foot in a Catholic church was when my first born was a few months old. His father is a Catholic. That night I had a dream and in the dream a voice told me not to go back to that church because it was run by satan.

I have been to one other Catholic church since, after leaving the JW's. I didn't have a dream after that but I did feel strange after being in the JW religion. I was still freshly out of the org and still unsure if I would be struck down for doing so. lol

• barry
    barry

My wife is a catholic and my kids are baptised in the catholic church but she comes to my church more often than we go to the catholic church. the sermons there are very short and they dont have a bible study. I like to have some input when i go to church and at least give my point of view at the bible study if I feel strongly about sumthin. Barry

• Robdar
    Robdar

JG,

A lot of the JW dislike the Catholics because the WTS tells them to do it. I think that the WTS is somehow jealous of the Catholics.

Personally, I have always admired Catholicism. Even though not Catholic, I still wear a St Bridgid medallion and admire St. Francis.

Love,

Robyn

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

JJrizo,

the church was fun but afterwards the Capucine monks put on a BBQ for the visitors......

I felt quesy eating those pork spare-ribs....!

Pope

(PS OK, I maybe am stretching it about the BBQ.....)

• JG
    JG

Lilacs,

Say it isn't so a JW/XJW having a dream that the Catholic Church is run by Satan Nooo /Wayyyyy. hehehe Where on earth could you have got that image from.

Barry,

I have to agree with you, The sermons should be longer and go into more depth, truly that is one thing that bothers me is that you have to look to adult Education to get serious bible study. It should be more automatic and easier. How about sunday school for dad's with beer and Nachos. I think I'll start a group!!

Robyn,

It's nice to hear from you. St. Bridgid, I'm sorry I'm retarded Could you give me a brief background on Her? St. Francis is a fav in our family and not a bad Hymn.

Pope that is just wrong. How did you get a positive visit out of that chapel???

• PurpleV
    PurpleV

WHAM! I bashed 'em! Mmmm!

Oooh. That felt good. Thanks. Ahem. Now then.

I'm an Episcopalian, which is as close to Catholic you can get without being Catholic.

What I don't like:

1. INFALLIBILITY of the Pope. Excuse me, can anyone say GOVERNING BODY? (Oops, didn't mean to shout. Then again, maybe I did?)

2. Worship of Mary. Biblical basis???

3. The fact that they believe that the bread and wine served at Communion ACTUALLY BECOMES the flesh and blood of Christ instead of symbolizing it. Ewww.

4. The Inquisition (except for Mel Brooks version in History of the World Part 1, LOL)

5. The Crusades, and burning people at the stake

6. The fact that, as a baptized Christian, I am not welcome to accept communion in a Catholic church because I am not Catholic. Remember the flap when Baptist Bill Clinton took communion, right after the Monica thing exploded? That priest took Holy Hell for that, giving a non-Catholic the bread and wine. Hoo boy! Can anyone say "EMBLEMS??" [ducking for cover and LMAO]

7. What do you mean I can't use birth control????

8. What do you mean I can't divorce my abusive husband? Oh, but I can BUY an annulment. Hmmm.

9. Pedophile priests. And what the freak's up with celibacy anyway? How sick and perverted is that?? And, and, why can't women be priests???

10. Purgatory. Look it up. Nuff said.

11. Mass cards. Like I'm gonna help save John Gotti's (or anyone else's) soul if I purchase a Mass card.

I don't hate Catholics, some of my best relatives are Catholic, I just know I could never be one. *Shudder*

Hugs

V

• JG
    JG

Ohhh Good one, It was gettin altogether to lovsey dovsey in here. Ok I'll hit the high points.

1. INFALLIBILITY of the Pope. Excuse me, can anyone say GOVERNING BODY? (Oops, didn't mean to shout. Then again, maybe I did?)

The Pope has spoken infallibly three times, All this is saying is if the Spirit says say this and the pope is sure it's The Spirit, he could say this and be infallible. Basically it's to keep from looking psycho and saying "God said to me last friday no more thong underwear." or whatever.

2. Worship of Mary. Biblical basis???

Bad choice of words, 99% of Catholics don't worship Mary, Praying to Mary or asking mary to pray for us or Respect for mary, but Worship Mary would be wrong. I've been a Catholic for 32 years and never seen anyone worship mary.

3. The fact that they believe that the bread and wine served at Communion ACTUALLY BECOMES the flesh and blood of Christ instead of symbolizing it. Ewww.

Love this one read all scripture relating to this and see if Jesus intended it to be viewed as his flesh and blood. I'd give more info on this if I had more time and If you care. But it's kinda a mute point, either it is or it isn't in the end we may find out that it doesn't matter. I personally think that you don't have a choice and that yours is too. "When two or more gather i'll be there."

4. The Inquisition (except for Mel Brooks version in History of the World Part 1, LOL) For Sure this and #5 are amazing that someone could do this in the name of God.

5. The Crusades, and burning people at the stake

6. The fact that, as a baptized Christian, I am not welcome to accept communion in a Catholic church because I am not Catholic. Remember the flap when Baptist Bill Clinton took communion, right after the Monica thing exploded? That priest took Holy Hell for that, giving a non-Catholic the bread and wine. Hoo boy! Can anyone say "EMBLEMS??" [ducking for cover and LMAO]

Well you don't believe it's the body and blood, and don't believe what we mean it to be. I don't blame you though. I really can see your point. But to us it means so much more.

7. What do you mean I can't use birth control????

No Joke, hint I have a vasectomy Shhh don't tell. hehehe

8. What do you mean I can't divorce my abusive husband? Oh, but I can BUY an annulment. Hmmm. Yeah no joke. Maybe I should be episcopalian (holy cow how do you spell that.)

9. Pedophile priests. And what the freak's up with celibacy anyway? How sick and perverted is that?? And, and, why can't women be priests???

My personal BIG one, If Priests were allowed to marry I would probably be one. This is the root of almost all problems in the church today. Married priests, Way less pedo's weirdos and way more parrishes cause you would have enough priests to serve them. That's why our churches are getting bigger and bigger there aren't enough priests. Celebacy is just a way to make someone sin.

10. Purgatory. Look it up. Nuff said. Purgatory is just a nother name for one of the levels of hell ore heaven however you see it. The Jews believed in the multiple levels of heaven and hell, I'm just gonna wait to find out.

11. Mass cards. Like I'm gonna help save John Gotti's (or anyone else's) soul if I purchase a Mass card. WTF is a mass card??? Is this related to indulgences.??

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

1. INFALLIBILITY - not all of the time. If the pope is put in a position of making a formal decision in regard to an issue of morality, it is believed that the Holy Spirit will guide.

2. Worship of Mary. Biblical basis? Its not Mary worship (hopefully). People pray to her, i.e. ask her to ask for them.

You know the house your self - that the elder son wouldnt enter

entering the house they found the child with Mary His mother

3. The bread and wine ACTUALLY BECOMES . Yes, funny that - hard to explain to someone who sees themselves as a human body.

4. The Inquisition 5. The Crusades Carries embarrassment even after a thousand years. Obviously they didnt wait on Yahweh

6. The fact that, as a baptized Christian, I am not welcome to accept communion. Well, if you openly maintain that youre not a catholic, well?

7. What do you mean I can't use birth control? Thats the belief difficult to accept, but sometimes its hard to accept that two wrongs dont make a right.

8. What do you mean I can't divorce my abusive husband? You can leave an abusive husband. As for divorce, that is a final giving up on someone in this life.

9. Pedophile priests. I think in the main, they should definitely not have been priests.

10. Purgatory. Considered that it must be, due to necessity.

11. Mass cards. Never had them. Catholicism has been global well before modern communication abilities, who knows what has gone on in some places. If someone said, I hate catholics, with a death look, I imagine that there would be a reason.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

I haven't read all the Replies yet.

Here are some UN-Biblical FALSE things the Catholics do:

They pray to Mary, they pray to Saints.

Some of them basically do "Idol-Worship".

They basically worship the Pope.

Also, what's up with the Mass and all the Confessions?

How about using Religious Titles such as "Father"?

How about forbidding certain people to get Married?

If you can show me Scriptures where it supports these things, I would love to see it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit