Blessings from Jehoovah - BAH!

by Beck_Melbourne 25 Replies latest jw friends

• PurpleV
    PurpleV

I got to stick out like a sore thumb at school assemblies, to wit: "You may stand for the national anthem IF you already WERE standing after the flag salute. However, if you've already been seated and the assembly rises for a national song, you must REMAIN seated." How do you spell h-u-m-i-l-i-a-t-i-n-g???

How about going out in service on Halloween? May God bless forever the one woman who gave me candy. I'll never forget her.

Getting bitten by a dog while pounding on doors peddling magazines is another highlight of my childhood. What a privilege! Thank you Jehovah!

AND being the only person in your office that didn't give blood, thereby ruining everyone else's chances of having 100% participation. OMG THANK YOU LORD!!!

• Max Divergent
    Max Divergent

Patroling the car park during the meeting!! That was good untill a no good scum of the earth MS suggested getting an FM microphone inside the hall and a receiver outside so you could listen into the blessings from the carpark!!! You'd get messages like 'Come to the door NOW!' to make sure you weren't listening to the radio!

Nearly as good was doing the sound. Do nothing much all night hidden out of sight at the back of the hall!

Sleep, talk, do crosswords, grafiti your WT, wander around the back of the hall making caustic remarks to the hall attendants slagging off the speaker... whatever.... (then when YOU were up on the platform, you'd watch the bastards doing the same to you!!)

Cheers, Max

• Fire Dragon
    Fire Dragon

I had the "blessing" of pioneering....putting in endless hours of field service and wasting my time on people who didn't want me there. I worked tirelessly and put my marriage into danger. I also made my heart condition worse which sent me to an earlier heart surgery. And to think, I actually cried when I got my acceptance letter to pioneer. I felt so unworthy and couldn't understand why God would take such an interest in me and think me worthy to do his work. I know now that those were wasted tears.

-Fire

• Coqui
    Coqui

How about the couples who denied a true blessing from God "children". Oh you remember, "we are not going to have children in this terrible system of things", who would possibly want to subject their children to this awful world? "We are going to wait for the new world."

Many I am sure they now regret that decision missing out on true blessings from God and now it may be too late.

• TR
    TR

Prisca,

Was looked upon because I was a single sister working full-time

I would "look upon" you also, if you were a single sister, especially if you were wearing rather revealing clothing.

TR

• email
    email

I got the privilege of

* Vacumming the carpets and cleaning the bathroom when the meeting was over and our group was assigned to do it.

* Modeling the... i mean... Passing the microphones for many many........... many years (I wonder why)

* The finances... I had that for a long time... I LOVED counting all the pennies (cheap bastards) and rolling them... and then going to the bank once a week sometimes twice to deposit the money...

* All the talks... and like you... impromptu talks... it was so easy for me that I got used to do my talks (the 5 minute ones) the same night I had to give them while the meeting was going on... I looooooved when they say: "Thanks for your diligent preparation" ;)

• butalbee
    butalbee

Email--is that your real pic?

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

I was blessed to be a Pioneer, so that I had to juggle my entire life and work around to make sure I got out and worked with people who never apprecaited me, to talk to people who wish I would not come to their door. I was blessed to be a servant, and got many blessings of late night calls from people who thought they needed a servants approval for everything. I was blessed with using my car alot in service, and getting the blessing of kids spilling things in it and the blessing of always paying for my own gas. So many blessings, so little time ....

My thought

Dragon

• email
    email

It is

• butalbee
    butalbee

Oooh-la-la.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit