Blessings from Jehoovah - BAH!

by Beck_Melbourne 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Mackin
    Mackin

I too was "blessed" to be a pioneer, which meant I worked a variety of low-paying part-time jobs, never had any money, drove a beat-up old car and lived in low-rent accommodation.

But of course I was "blessed" in the knowledge of how much Jehovah appreciated my efforts. YEAH RIGHT!!!!

Then I was "blessed" to serve in the local Branch Office for 5 years. Work my ass off for no money, no privacy and no appreciation. Actually, maybe that was a blessing 'cos it was there I got to se how the WTS really operates behind closed dors, which lead to my eventual exit from "Jehovah's loving organisation (tm)."

Mackin

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Mackin: You just reminded me of another blessing you forgot to mention while you were in bethel, you got to wear teeshirts with NO marketing logos splashed on the front, oh how cool, you all got to dress the same LOL. And what about jeans, you had to wear ordinary denim of the same shade, now that just cracked me up...you couldn't even wear stone wash in the 80's...hey, maybe now that its 2002 you would be allowed to wear stone wash denim LOL.

LOL@butalbea's oooh-la-la

So many blessings....so little appreciation. And yes, the sisters always got 'housie' or 'wifey' jobs. I always wanted to do the roving microphones...or be an attendant at the circuit assemblies or district conventions, I wanted to wear an orange band (which they did when I was a kid, but this practice become redundant in time) and hold a sign that said 'Keep Moving Please'.

Those were the days

~Beck~

• Mackin
    Mackin

LOL Beck,

Yes I had forgotten that. Nothing but a blank T-shirt at Bethel and yes denim jeans had to be only the original blue, no pale blue or black. Actually they'd prefer you didn't wear denim at all, denim is considered slightly "worldly". And bare feet was a no-no outside your room.

I don't think any of these t-shirts would be alowed. LOL

These directives came directly from NY. Imagine some sad pasty-faced looser in Brooklyn sitting making up al these ridiculous rules that every Bethelite in the world has to live by. What a sad life.

Mackin.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Peace to you, Beck... and in all seriousness...

While I cannot contribute this entirely to the WTBTS, I have to say that one "blessing" I DO have, as a result of being a member in that organization... are the VERY good friends I have made since coming out, people I might not have known otherwise, had we not had the commonality of being in that organization at one time or another. Many of such ones are here.

Another - and again, I don't necessary attribute it to that organization or to "Jehovah", but most certainly to the teachings of my Lord, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH, and the Spirit of his Father and mine, the Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies - would be learning to LIVE "godly devotion"... which is something I first heard about from them... than merely have a "FORM" of it, while proving "false" to its power. I tried to do as they SAID... and not as they DID, the hypocrites.

My point? I could look back at almost any point in my life and find things of which to say, "Ahhhh, what a WASTE!" (trust me on this! LOL!). Or... I can look back and say, "Ahhhh, well... but look where I am now, praise Jah." The choice in this is mine. And since that is the case, I do not choose to let an impotent group of men... and/or their pitiable followers... rob me of ONE IOTA of my joy any longer. They did THAT when I was "in." They will NOT do so... any more.

The saying is true, then, in my case: "What doesn't kill you, will make you stronger." It has, and I am admittedly grateful for that.

Again, I bid you peace!

A slave of Christ,

SJ

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

AMEN to AGuest!

• Prisca
    Prisca
    And since that is the case, I do not choose to let an impotent group of men... and/or their pitiable followers... rob me of ONE IOTA of my joy any longer. They did THAT when I was "in." They will NOT do so... any more.

Amen sister to that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit