Blessings from Jehoovah - BAH!

by Beck_Melbourne 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

I had so many fine blessings as a dub that after pondering on them...I am starting to wonder why I left.

Some of my blessings were having the bookstudy in our home, oh what a fine blessing....I didnt have to go out on a cold night and I could save 20 minutes in travelling time....woohoo!! Making the unleven bread for the memorial, cool, I got to have the left overs *blech*. Also, working with the COs wife out on field service...yeah that was awesome, I got to pretend I was spiritual and I could talk crap all morning about the CO's use of illustrations *choke*. Giving impromtu talks...how could you not love that blessing? You got to show off how well you had prepared for tonight's meeting, everyone got to think of you as 'spiritual'! What a load of shite!

What were your blessings??

~Beck~

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Well we had the blessing of having the CO come around for dinner once. I recall he got cream,Ice cream AND custard on his apple pie. Us Kids were only allowed ONE of those items on ours.

• Prisca
    Prisca

* Had the privlege of picking up sisters for the meetings & field service - rarely got any money that covered the cost of petrol. One sister also chose to change drivers - without letting me know she was going to be picked up by someone else. That made me feel real special after picking up her and her daughter for the past 2 years.

* Was looked upon because I was a single sister working full-time. I often got questions asking why wasn't I pioneering - despite the fact that I had no family to help me out nor none of the people asking why I was pioneering ever offered to help me out if times got tough. Mind you, I was living in a run-down unit and driving a 20yr old bomb of a car.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Who had the blessing and privelege of cleaning "Jehovah's Sacred Toilets"?

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Who had the blessing and privelege of cleaning "Jehovah's Sacred Toilets"?

I did, and I had the privilege of doing it by myself...the rest of the book study group were "BUSY" with more spiritual things....bastardos!

I also had the blessing of hosting the CO and his wife, what a spiritually uplifting and joyful week it was to tippy toeing around on eggshells....unlike my usual elephant stomp I grew accustomed to.

My mother used to pick a sister and her kids up for the meetings for years...but the sister was eventually DF for smoking. What a waste of money and expense LOL.

~Beck~

• butalbee
    butalbee

Yes, I remember such fine blessings, gee, makes me miss my bible studies, oh so much. And the meetings, what better way to spend 2x hours every other day it seems in retrospect.

• Granny Linda
    Granny Linda

Ya'll make me laugh .

Well, I do remember as a young girl, many moons ago that I was able to help in the cafeteria instead of sitting and listening to the most boring of boring talks. (((((shudder))))) uck.

I used to make chocolate cakes from scratch and take them to the assembly hall. But truthfully the only enjoyment had as a young JW was looking forward to being in the kitchen and/or hanging around the few 'friends' I'd met up with only at those times.

granny

• Angharad
    Angharad

You get to make the tea / coffee at any hall refurbishments - because your a little lady and cant be trusted with paintbrush only a kettle - it used to really annoy me when there was an announcment about maintenance work was going to be done on the hall - they would ask for brothers to help with the work and sisters to makes tea and coffee and provide cakes and food.

Edited by - angharad on 7 October 2002 7:48:36

• minimus
    minimus

My "blessings" include, taking out the C.O. and his wife everytime for dinner and getting assembly parts.

• rocky220
    rocky220

We all agree that WT never had anything to do with God and that's why the REAL Truth has come out and justice, although apparently slow in coming, coming full circle. We have suffered indignities, betrayals, you name it..but their days are numbered. They will reap what they sowed...rocky220

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit