I was a JW child

by CBeMe 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• gypsywildone
    gypsywildone

(((((((cbeme)))))
    I was only forcibly detained in the watchtower concentration camp from ages 13-16, but saw a lot & went through a lot for not believing in them.
    I felt like the kid in The Emperor's New Clothes!
    I also ended up moving 2,600 miles away from my toxic mother & her psychosis, she has a po box on me if she needs to contact me. You will do fine, forge on ahead, do not look back or second guess yourself. Your non-jw relatives probably won't understand, because they have never lived through the joy of a jw parent. But you are a survivor, my dear. You are woman, & we hear you roar!

• Granny Linda
    Granny Linda

Welcome, welcome, welcome!

Yes, HUMM said it well. So much heartache that many of us can relate to. And yes, it's true. Sometimes people fight and fuss on this forum, and it will toughen ya' up. Just remember to try and not take things as a personal attack.

One reason (other then not wanting my children to die at Armaggdon) that I only had one child was because of my own anger that I dreaded might come out towards them. I'm so grateful that I never did to my son what was done by my mom. She would wait until she reached the breaking point and lash out with whatever was handy. The first and last time I did the "sibling snitch" was after tattling on my older sister. She got the hell beat out of her with a metal vacum extension. It made me sick then, it makes me sick now...because my mother has yet to ever acknowledge her own rage.

What I think happens to people such as my mom...they get old and bitter. She is not a happy person my any stretch of the imagine, and ya know what? I really don't care about how she feels one way or another. All I know is I did not want to be like her when at age 50 she needed to deal with issues of not feeling loved by her own parents. My gawd, I remember listening to her way back when and thinking to myself...I hope by the time I'm 50 years of age, I'll have dealt with my own shit.

Well, along came recovery...and now that I'm 51 years of age, I've learned how to control a still sometimes nasty temper. I have never spoken to my son or grandchildren in such a hateful and demeaning manner. There is much to be grateful for. We find what many JW's only think they have.

Detachment: It is neither kind nor unkind. Something I'm eternally grateful to understand and practice in my life regarding not only my JW family, but those in general that would attempt the same controlling and shaming ways today.

Thanks for posting.

Granny Linda

• onacruse
    onacruse

CBeMe: Welcome to the forum!

"I still have problems reacting with and relating to other people from being so isolated growing up. I am still very innocent in a lot of areas"

Boy oh boy, is THAT ever the truth! The REAL truth. I'm almost twice your age, and am just now coming out of that developmental fog.

"All I really want in life is the freedom to make my own decisions."

So easy to say, so hard to do, eh?

Again, WELCOME!

Craig

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit