My Redemption Against the JW's

by Reborn2002 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Quite a while ago I made a promise to myself not to allow the organization known as Jehovah's Witnesses to have an effect on my life any longer.

I had washed my hands of them and their disgusting propaganda machine disguised as a religion.

An old addage says the best revenge is to live life, and to live it well.

I had no idea the Jehovah's would come to me.

I had been visiting a friend in my old neighborhood, and while in the area I stopped to do some shopping.

As I went grocery shopping at the local Super Wal-Mart, the JDubs had a table placed out in front of the store with current Watchtower and Awake magazines and several of their tracts laid out in an orderly fashion for passerby to see.

Taking a quick glance at them, I was not going to give them any attention, when one of the men sitting at the table called me by name.

I turned to look obviously, and it was someone I had never expected to encounter again.

He was the elder and presiding overseer of the congregation I had grown up in.

This was profound for me, because as a child I had been intimidated by this man. He stands well over 6ft 4 in height, and weighs upwards of 250lbs. A rather physically imposing presence, especially towards a youth.

Well now those tables have turned. He is still a rather large man, but I am no longer the child he once intimidated with his burly voice and physical girth. I now stand over 6ft and 220lbs myself, and with age, experience, and most importantly, information/knowledge, for what reason should I fear man?

Yet, apparently he still viewed me as a child, because he attempted to speak condescending and instructively towards me, as though he is in a position to lord authority.

At first he was polite, asking how I had been, and then he attempted to make his move in tossing guilt over me for leaving "God's chosen organization" and "disgracing my grandfather's memory by turning my back on Jehovah."

This is interesting because if I had still believed the Jehovah's Witnesses were the true religion, his method would have been effective. However, being armed with information and knowledge exposing them as a false prophet and corrupt organization, I felt no remorse or sorrow for having left the company of crooks behind.

Sadly, I noticed that he had a whole new group of young men being indoctrinated and serving as his cronies who obviously were being groomed for MS or eldership roles. The reason I noticed this was seeing a car pull up with four young men in suits on a hot Indian summer day at a grocery store is all too odd. They did the convenient JW tactic of walking up close enough to be within earshot, but not actually speaking. I felt this may be an opportunity to give a reverse Witness myself.

After my former PO had finished his babbling telling me how I had "left God's chosen organization behind" and had "become one of the world".. I retorted.

I leaned over on the table and looked right in his eyes, and spoke loudly enough for all who walked past to hear.

Ya know __________ (his name), all I see now is a pathetic old man reduced to sitting in front of a supermarket to peddle magazines no one wants. While others your age have a nice nest egg saved up for retirement and can enjoy their golden years living well, you are sitting here trying to preach to me and others as though you are serving the only true God.

(I turned and pointed to the 4 young guys my age who were within earshot. They quickly looked down or away and would not look into my eyes)

You see them? Why don't you tell them how this organization predicted that "the generation that saw the events of 1914 would by no means pass away before the conclusion of this system of things?".. oh that's right. You can chalk it up to "New Light".. but let me tell you something. Nowhere in the Bible you are alleged to study did any of God's true prophets... i.e. Noah, Moses, Jesus, etc... misinterpret God's message and change their mind altogether over and over on so many topics. To list a few I can say the generation doctrine, the blood doctrine, rape, 1975, the list goes on and on. You yourself preached from the platform when I was a child that this system would end before I was an adult. Well look at you now (his name).. your still doing the same old tired thing, and crying wolf while the world passes you by.

(turning to look at those 4 guys again)

Why dont you do your research? Look into old WT and Awake magazines from the 70's and earlier which predicted the world's end, and which laid out organizational procedure that they vacillate on over and over. Is God so indecisive? Or could it be your blindly following man and a false organization?

Or if you want, I could go pass out silentlambs posters. Have you not seen the media with Dateline and Connie Chung discussing the pedophile problem in the Jehovah's Witness religion (his name)? My grandfather was an elder just like you. I still have his Flock book, would you care to discuss the 2-witness rule which shields child molestors?

(after I mentioned that, he got quiet as a mouse, passerby heard me say "child molestors" and they saw the WT magazines on the table and I saw some nod their head. Apparently the silentlambs cause has reached far more people than the WT had hoped.)

You are nothing to me. You do not scare me, and you cannot show me anything. In fact, I tire of talking to you. So go on living the rest of your life blindly following the WT into your grave. In all honesty, I feel sorry for you.

And I walked away. He said nothing else as I left that table.

When I had finished my shopping, as I walked out of the store, they had closed up shop and were gone.

I wonder if I frightened them off?

That was the most liberating experience I have had in quite some time.

Hopefully my discussing facts may plant a seed of doubt or open the minds of those 4 young guys I saw today. In any event, the JW's are dead to me.

I wish others who have suffered at the hands of their cult could share such an experience as I did.

Edited by - Reborn2002 on 2 October 2002 22:7:54

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

I'm surprised Wal-Mart would allow them to do this in front of their store!

Peddlers of the word of God they are.

Outaservice (for good)

• Satanus
    Satanus

You are the rock that shipwrecked their faith. Bad rock! Bad! Hee hee.

SS

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Greetings to you Reborn...I see you have changed your profile pic. My, what a fine and handsome young man you have become.

Your encounter with the Joho's gives me strength...I will print out what you said to them and shall style my own response (when I get the chance to give one) in a similar manner. You did well to allow the old timer to have his say first...and you allowed him to try and entice you back to Jehovah's fold by using their old favourite method the 'guilt trip'. How predictable!!

He got what he deserved and rightly so. You did well...and I'm very proud of you.

Its good to see you posting here again...you have been missed.

~Beck~

• jimbob
    jimbob

As a relative newbie on this board, I've enjoyed reading your posts, Reborn. In fact, when I read your post about how you would not be posting very much any more, I couldn't help but feel a little disappointed, but completely understood why. So I always get anxious to see what you've written when I see that you've posted! I'm hoping that in a short while, I'll be able to relate my story to those on this board, but for now, I need to keep a lower profile. Man, what I would've given to be a witness(no pun intended) to that event! There's no doubt in my mind that you scared the livin' sh*t outta them. Of course I'm sure when they all reconvened somewhere, the elder just told them that's what apostates are like and they need to pray and stick close to Jehovah.....you know, the usual bs. Sad to say, probably not one of those young guys asked him about any of the questions you posed. And even if they did, he probably told them it wasn't true. And I can't believe Wal-Mart let them be out in front of the store. If I'd seen them, I wouldn't have the guts to say what you said, but I sure would've let the manager know that them being there offended me and I'd never shop at Wal-Mart as long as they were there. But I think your approach to the situation was much better........

• Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ

Kick some ass Reborn. Glad to see you posting again because I've always really enjoyed reading them. Even better to see someone giving the company men what they deserve in front of as many people as possible. Keep it up man.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Right in line with the Jason I've come to know.

I dare say what you just did soundly beats my chuckling rather loudly at my last Memorial.

Good job, man, good job!

Craig

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Way to go, reborn!

Most excellent, dude!

• AjaxMan
    AjaxMan

Way to go, Jason!

Great Job!!

You did great standing up and expressing the real TRUTH out loud for all to hear. I gotta admit that there's reversal of roles now: He, the big bully, had become the intimidated one now. I bet he'll agree that Payback is a bitch. LOL!

Great Job!

regards,

Ajax

• Nikita
    Nikita

Excellent Jason! I wish I was able to express my thoughts as clearly and concisely as you have done!

Leslie/Nikita

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit