WT PR Statement - silentlambs march

by silentlambs 84 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

1) If a parent believes his/her child was molested by a fellow JW, what is a reasonable course of action he/she might take to speak to other JW parents in the congregation about the molestor?

Speak to others? Forget it. If I had kids and a fellow "christian" molested them, justice would be served Clint Eastwood style.....the molester would not be getting a second chance to do that to anyone else ever again.

2) If a baptized person who is guilty of molesting a child in the past has paid his debt to society and wishes to participate as a JW, and it is right to inform the entire congregation of this person's history

Yep.

"....what sort of language ought to be used to accomplish this?...."

So-and-So is a dirty, filthy, sick, twisted pedophile everyone. For gods' sake, don't let your kids anywhere near him!

And in what setting and circumstance would be most appropriate to explain his standing and the restrictions placed on him?

At the Hall, I'd have him all locked up like Hannabal Lector in "Silence of the Lambs"

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

I haven't read all the Replies to this Thread yet, but I thought I would post Links to a few Threads I posted a while back.

Go to this Thread to see most (if not all) of the SECRET Watchtower Letters sent to the Elders about how to handle Child Sexual Abuse: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=37162&site=3

Go to this Thread to see most (if not all) of J.R. BROWN'S Comments to the Media about how the Jehovah's Witnesses handle Child Sexual Abuse: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=36289&site=3

Go to this Thread to see how the Jehovah's Witnesses REALLY handle Child Sexual Abuse: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=36778&site=3

• needs_lots
    needs_lots

Cygnus;

I read with amazement your post in defence of the watch tower pr release. I do want to know which Bethel you are stationed at and how long it has been since you stepped outside the walls of the compound. Have you ever heard of the Stockholm syndrome; where a perfectly normal person who is held captive for long enough will begin to identify with the terrorists who control their life.

My wife and I just went through a twelve day trial where we fought to get the society to acknowledge the wrongs they did to my wife. As for your comment about Idiot elders; the society keeps these men in the dark and feeds them shit just like little mushrooms. and the Mushrooms are happy because they only know life in the dark. The shit that the society pumps out does nothing to help these men understand the responsability that comes with the position they occupy within a closed society such as the JW's.

In addition the only man who told the truth on the stand was one of those "IDIOT" elders. The other bethelites lied through their teeth and tried to pin it on anyone but themselves in spite of the massive number of "secret" letters that we uncovered and produced to prove that the confrontation was directed from the Bethel itself.

As far as reporting , the elder who eventually reported the matter was immediatly removed as an elder for being strong willed and then later DF'd for being unreasonable.

CYGNUS, could you comment on the application of MATT 18 in making an abuse victim confront her abuser despite her pleas not to be made to do it. And how about the Bethel directing the cong elders to "persuade strongly" the victim that she had to apply Matt 18 or else be blood guilty at armageddon.

OH yes, when the victim finally had a mental collapse due to the trauma of having to relive the abuse she was told that she did not have the spirituallity of a proper JW and that she could not live up to the high spiritual standards of the JW's. And that she had HAD to show signs of forgiveness to the abuser. ( PS the abuser was given the SEVERE repremand of not being able to handle the microphone for 6 months) However he was able to give prayers and serve as a pioneer and a mentor to young married couples. (All at the blessing of the Bethel)

The Bethel has never said they were sorry or asked what they could do to help vicki. The only way they know is the court system.

It remindes me of ADAM AND EVE and the snake in the garden of eden. The BETHEL is the snake trying to tell eve to eat the forbiden fruit in order to turn them away from god. The forbiden fruit in this case is the WATCHTOWER and AWAKE magazines which hide the true message of god in the bible and pervert the good intentions of millions of people into serving the anti-christ through fear of speaking up against the Governing Body.

SCOTT

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Scott,

: I do want to know which Bethel you are stationed at and how long it has been since you stepped outside the walls of the compound.

I have not associated with JWs for well over 5 years. I was disfellowshipped in the spring of 2000 for refusing to quit associating with a disfellowshipped person.

: My wife and I just went through a twelve day trial where we fought to get the society to acknowledge the wrongs they did to my wife.

I can understand why you felt like their behavior warranted an apology, but I don't see how that benefits the children, as silentlambs says is their one and only objective.

: As for your comment about Idiot elders; the society keeps these men in the dark and feeds them shit just like little mushrooms. and the Mushrooms are happy because they only know life in the dark. The shit that the society pumps out does nothing to help these men understand the responsability that comes with the position they occupy within a closed society such as the JW's.

I disagree. I have seen reproductions of recent BOE letters on how to handle accusations of child molestation. If these letters do exist and are real, they seem to contain detailed, explicit instructions for elders to follow.

: In addition the only man who told the truth on the stand was one of those "IDIOT" elders. The other bethelites lied through their teeth and tried to pin it on anyone but themselves in spite of the massive number of "secret" letters that we uncovered and produced to prove that the confrontation was directed from the Bethel itself.

Shame on them, then. How this relates to stated JW policy is unclear to me. The policy is the issue I thought, not corrupt WTS officials.

: As far as reporting , the elder who eventually reported the matter was immediatly removed as an elder for being strong willed and then later DF'd for being unreasonable.

Perhaps he was unfit to serve as an elder, and made an issue out his demotion. Or perhaps he was railroaded. Either way I can't pass judgment on him or those who DF'd him since I don't know all the facts.

: CYGNUS, could you comment on the application of MATT 18 in making an abuse victim confront her abuser despite her pleas not to be made to do it.

Yes. I think it's stupid. I do not and will not ever belong to any religious organization, especially one that follows the Bible. An abusee should go to the police, not the Bible. Of course, chances are if the abuser is prosecuted she might have to testify in court and "face" her abuser then, so really your point is moot.

: And how about the Bethel directing the cong elders to "persuade strongly" the victim that she had to apply Matt 18 or else be blood guilty at armageddon.

Matthew 18 stands as it is written. I see no exceptions to its principle for criminal or sensitive wrongs committed against a fellow Christian.

: OH yes, when the victim finally had a mental collapse due to the trauma of having to relive the abuse she was told that she did not have the spirituallity of a proper JW and that she could not live up to the high spiritual standards of the JW's.

Yep, a lot of elders are idiots. Does the WTS share some blame for that? Sure. Do you want them to get on the right track and help educate elders to be more tactful and caring, or do you want your pound of flesh?

: And that she had HAD to show signs of forgiveness to the abuser. ( PS the abuser was given the SEVERE repremand of not being able to handle the microphone for 6 months) However he was able to give prayers and serve as a pioneer and a mentor to young married couples. (All at the blessing of the Bethel)

Then get out of the JWs or switch congregations if you can't stand the corruption. I agree, JWs can do some heinous things, but I don't see how WTS policy is dictating what you have experienced. Perhaps you could reproduce the letters from your Bethel branch to demonstrate how such directives came from the top and contradict what J.R. Brown says.

: The Bethel has never said they were sorry or asked what they could do to help vicki. The only way they know is the court system.

Which is sad and reprehensible when that happens. But you know the WTS is going to act to protect itself. I am not surprised or dismayed that the WTS will act hypocritically if they feel they have to -- after all, they're a Christian religion and Christian religion has done that from Day One.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

WOW ;; i always want to comment.........but at this site i don't need too!!!! all the great posters do all the talking for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i thought i knew all about the wt....there are many here , with more insite than i ........good work .........thanx john in the bronx

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

DJ I don't know where it's like where your at, however in my state, Washington State to be exact, pedophiles that are convicted are on a list that's available online, it listed they're name, DOB and phone number. Also in my state you can do a back ground check on anyone, without they're premission, it cost's 10 dollars.

• needs_lots
    needs_lots

cygnus,

The point being that the society says one thing and does another. Its easy to print a statement, and have no intention to following through. We know this for a fact. Its true that you dont have the facts as you said, but we do! We have seen the letters, and heard the lies. SO perhaps you could comment more on the actions of the watchtower rather than the words of the spin doctors. Most of us here have seen first hand the pain the society has inflicted. They know that there are laws that must be put in writting, but facts are facts. They had no intention to report to police, and to bury it in the congregation. Perhaps if you were at the trial you would have heard first hand the testimony of 5 elders who wanted to report, and were put down as elders for doing so. They know the truth, and do you really think that my husband and I would sacrifice our whole life for a lie. We have put everything on the line. They had up to 8 lawyers from both NewYOrk and canada defending themselves, and we had only one. I didnt even know this chat existed when i filed the lawsuit 5 years ago. I only knew that what they did to me was wrong. So we have fought this alone.

• needs_lots
    needs_lots

: CYGNUS, could you comment on the application of MATT 18 in making an abuse victim confront her abuser despite her pleas not to be made to do it.

Yes. I think it's stupid. I do not and will not ever belong to any religious organization, especially one that follows the Bible. An abusee should go to the police, not the Bible. Of course, chances are if the abuser is prosecuted she might have to testify in court and "face" her abuser then, so really your point is moot.

Close but you missed the point. Vicki went to the elders for guidance in dealing with her emotions at being abused. She did not go to them for retribution against her dad. The Society however was more interested in dealing with the sinner and determining his state of repentance. They used vicki as a tool in dealing with her dad. And once done with her they discarded her like a used kleenex.

True that if her dad was prosecuted by the courts she would have had to testify but it would be in a controlled situation where there was a clear protection of vicki as a witness. Making her sit at the table with her dad and go over in detail her abuse sure as hell does not strike me as spiritual guidance, but perhaps I am not thinking in the same context as you are.

PS if the courts had gotten involved then I am sure that they would have done more than suspend his mic handling. Of course perhaps in your state that is the punishment for Pedophiles.

You can do more harm by ignorant believing a PR statement that is not backed up by real proof than by examining the facts. It did not work for soldiers in the Neurumberg Trials and it will not work for the society at large.

As for how it will help the children. When the society realizes that its hoards of money might be at risk then they might find that the spirit moves them to ACT rather than write.

Perhaps you would feel differently about the words of the society if you had been abused as a child.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Then nail the bastards to the wall.

• needs_lots
    needs_lots

glad you agree, nice talking with ya

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit