How Many JWs actually Watch JW.TV?

by Oubliette 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• CalebInFloroda
    CalebInFloroda

It's the number one religious app/channel downloaded and used on Roku (America) and at number 21 on its "Most Popular" list with over 27,880 ratings. This is more than the Mormon/BYU channel, TBN, and EWTN channels on Roku.

Of course this may mean little as these other religious channels are available from all the major cable outlets and some even over the air or have affiliates like the Catholic EWTN.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher
    I'd guess 7 - because they've got nothing better to do with their time as their helpers do all their work!
  • Funchback
    Funchback

I've been out for about 10 years so I may be wrong with my opinion, but there is the hour-long book study, the TMS, field service, personal study, WT and talk. If I were in, I'd probably NOT watch because I would be on "spiritual food" overload.

People need a mental break.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch
    From all the dubs I am in contact with, it is the Alpha and the Omega. You would think those 7 invented TV.
  • LeeT
    LeeT

Google Trends JW.org vs JW.tv

TV barely causes a ripple.

Same story with Alexa ratings

Alexa JW.org

Alexa JW.tv

• dubstepped
    dubstepped
    Not only do they watch it, but previously tech illiterate people now have media players on TVs so they can watch it. Watching people buy Roku boxes not understanding that one must have internet connectivity was funny. You mean the box alone doesn't deliver them right to my TV? I bet Roku's stock crushed it for a while.
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

Lee T, thanks for the Google metric. JW.ORG is rocking it in Angola. JW.TV is barely getting any notice. Good job Jehovah!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette
    Everyone else, thanks for your input. So far the consensus: there is no consensus. But it certainly isn't getting much attention outside of jw-land.
  • tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd

Every family that has 'family worship night' watches it regularly. Even those who don't have a regular 'family worship night' watch it as it is an easy way to assuage the guilt of not having a regular family worship.

Most of dubs in my hall watch the monthly broadcast as soon as it is released or sometime during that week. Many watch the little additional videos as well. It really has started to take the place of personal study as well.

We started to watch it before I awoke, but now I can't stomach it. It was probably one of the things that my wife noticed before I expressed my doubts to her.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

tim: It really has started to take the place of personal study as well.

I'm not surprised because most people are lazy and would rather watch tv than read, but it's also disturbing because reading is an ACTIVE activity whereas watching tv is usually not.

Passive indoctrination at it's best.

Let's review: It's a cult!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit