How Many JWs actually Watch JW.TV?

by Oubliette 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

I'm curious. What do you know from your own experience and talking to other active JWs?

I know from my own informal, non-scientific survey that most JWs do NOT watch JW.TV.

What have you seen and heard?

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Yes, they watch.

However, I saw another unscientific survey that agrees with yours.

• maksutov
    maksutov
    I have scientifically verified that my wife watches it.
  • campaign of hate
    campaign of hate

For what it's worth, I've heard a few uber dubs criticizing it recently. Elders and pioneers.

For what it's worth....

• DNCall
    DNCall
    The same amount that watched the video releases more than once. Same creative team . . . same audience.
  • sir82
    sir82

Most JWs I know watch it.

But, just like with everything else, it is forgotten within days, if not minutes.

Just for fun, ask someone what they particularly enjoyed about the February broadcast.

Enjoy the "deer in headlights" look as they scramble to think up any, even one, thing that was talked about. They'll flounder and flubber and and finally weakly mutter "well I don't remember anything off the top of my head, but I found it so encouraging!"

Pretty much the same reaction if you ask them about a public talk from a week ago, or a Watchtower study a month ago, or the last circuit assembly they went to, or anything else from the "spiritual banquet" that contains "life giving waters of truth".

• Londo111
    Londo111

Whenever I visit my parents, they have that dang-blasted JW channel blaring at all times, even when they are doing other things. It reminds me of a scene from 1984.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

I asked my brother via email his take on jw broadcasting and then suggested he should watch it (with an LOL).

He replied that yes he has seen some of them and finds the experiences very encouraging.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

I've been wondering the same thing of late. I can barely stand a few minutes of GBs Lett, Sanderson & Morris. In fact I can't stand to listen or see any of WT's GB or their 'Helpers' on the screen. It's like 'I've got better things to do'! I am easily put-off not only by the content of the broadcasts but by the personalizes as well. To me a lot of what is said is simply not believable or down right boring.

I would say that there's a good 25% of other active JWs that feel the same way.

WT is doing itself more harm than good with these broadcasts and other videos ...and the more harm that WT can do to itself the better!

• disillusioned 2
    disillusioned 2

My mum doesn't have the internet, so once a month she and a few other older sisters in her congregation go to a house where they have tea and cakes and a nice helping of Stephen Left and co.

They watch the monthly broadcast and any other new stuff.

My husband as far as I know has never watched it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit