What's with the media and the march

by Lady Lee 72 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Where are the reports. something anything. What exactly happened when the media went into the doos of bethel. Were they threatened. Is that what the video-taping was all about?

What the #^$#^&*#^ is going on?

• DJ
    DJ

Hi Lady,

I'm glad that when I tried to post my new thread a minute ago, it came up as "invalid" because I was asking the same thing. Good thing I typed my password in wrong. LOL

I have to say that I watched the news coverage most of the week-end and NADA....ZIP! This has me pretty aggravated and quite disappointed! Are we just impatient?

On Sat., I saw a report on CNN about a 'mixed breed dog show' in Manhattan. How does one justify giving coverage to that, while ignoring a bunch of people marching in Brooklyn, calling on the FBI to investigate the WT for covering up child molestation?

Has the media decided that the public is now desensitized to child abuse because of all of the attention given to the scandal of the Catholic church? Is it ratings? Were the reporters threatened by dub lawyers?

What do the poor lambs think of this? I am hopeful that this march aided them in a healing sense but I am pissed off that this isn't brought to the forefront! Dj

• izobcenec
    izobcenec

That just proves, that the media is NOT controled by Satan, as WTS claims...if they would be, they would
    publish something about the march...

I predict, that tomorrow something WILL BE published...or else i quit being an apostate

Edited by - izobcenec on 29 September 2002 13:40:42

• ambush22
    ambush22

I thought that the media was controlled by the jews............j/k

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

There are hundreds of marches in NYC and DC each year. If there isn't some violent outburst or major arrest, as was the case with the other protest on the 27th in Washington DC. Then the news sees them as human interest stories and not "headline news" and thus they just come out when they have space. Sometimes weeks or months later. If you do press releases and press the issue, they will sometimes put the story in sooner. Of course, it mind it up somewhere between the comic and that new Ford sale.

Such is the aspect of news ... more blood, sex and tears and you get a higher headline.

My thought

Dragon

• Francois
    Francois

All I saw was the mildly violent clash between the cops and the nilhists in DC.

But not to worry. Rome wasn't built in a day.

We'll get 'em. In our own sweet time, in our own sweet way, we'll get 'em.

francois

• izobcenec
    izobcenec

I understand that the media wants blood, but the march was not covered even by regional
    newspapers, not even in "quick news" sections...i mean, there were so many articles about bill
    bowen and barbara anderson and now that they are actually doing something - no coverage. As
    i understand, the silentlambs battle is a media battle and without media there is no victory for
    silentlambs. The only argument, the WTS understands, is bad publicity...

So what to do...i posted one press release on wednesday and one on saturday to all media in
    my country (TV, newspapers, internet portals)...i attached pictures of WT buildings, bill bowen,
    and on saturday, the first pictures from the march. I advise, that you do the same, i mean, it is not
    really difficoult to find like 20, 30 media emails and write something about the march...more
    emails they get, bigger is the chance, that they publish something. We have facts, we have
    proof, we have a current affair.

ok, that was my 2 cents for today

• DJ
    DJ

Hi Izo,

I agree with you. OK EVERYONE.............Let's bombard the media with requests for coverage!!!!! I have Philadephia and Chester County and Delaware County, PA covered? WHO ELSE IS IN ? SIGN IN HERE W/ your TARGETED LOCATION!!! ROAR!

• izobcenec
    izobcenec

one last thing...we should start with national press agencies, like associated press
    if they publish it, EVERYONE will publish it...

here is the AP contact page for a start... http://www.ap.org/pages/aptoday/ap_prcontact.html

also, we shoud post to CNN and other international media: [email protected] for a start

it is possible, that the Watchtower is buying time...the reporters probably call them, before
    they publish something, to verify information...so it is possible, that the Watchtower is saying,
    wait few days, we will provide you more information or even a press conference, who knows...
    it is weird, that everything is so quiet, almost scary

where is bill bowen anyway?

p.s. post links to larrys pictures, they are GREAT! and one picture is like thousand words...

Edited by - izobcenec on 29 September 2002 14:44:10

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I'm kinda partial to the picture

Ok I am willing to send info to the media here in Winnipeg.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit