Greetings from New York!

by safe4kids 16 Replies latest jw friends

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Hey everyone,

I am currently sitting in the hotel lobby typing this on their computer Karen, Salud's wife, is sitting here with me. We've had a tremendous couple of days...I cannot describe what yesterday was like for me, and for so many of us (ALL of us?) who were able to be here. It was...incredible. It was... awe inspiring. It was...mind blowing. (DAMMIT where is the thesauras when ya need it??! LOL) I met so many people that I've only known from the board....a common question ringing out everywhere was...Do you post on Simon's board??

I don't have time to accurately relate what it was like; all I can tell you is that it was one of the most moving and empowering things that I have ever done. I wish Dickens was around to translate my feelings into words so that you could all comprehend and share in the overwhelming emotions I have.

I have to mention that I've been hanging out with some of the most awesome people! I've toured NYC with the Bowens, Venice and her parents, Salud and his wife, and the Andersons. These are some wonderful wonderful people and I am enriched just by being able to have my life intersect with theirs, however briefly this weekend may be in the grand scheme of things. I was able to meet Joy and Jst2 (great folks too!), hook up again with that incredible lady Outnfree, I met Erica and her mom, Larry and his family, Worf, Somebody and Zev, Grits and so many others whose names escape me at the moment (I'm sorry! I'm just in a New York state of mind!!) I wouldn't have missed it for the world. Thanks to all of you who made it possible.

Catch ya all when I get back to Florida!

Dana

• footprints
    footprints

Thank you for the update. Have a safe trip home.

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

you guys have to be on cloud 9, it's been great reading the feedback,

we hope to see something in our local newspaper about it, possibly sunday's as we made sure they were faxed the info on the march. have a safe trip back.

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Hello Safe4kids and Karen,

I can just picture you two giddie girls. You should be worn out by now after touring NY.

Say hello to the guys.

Jst2laws

• Granny Linda
    Granny Linda

Dana,

How exciting for you!!!! I'm happy you were able to attend.

Linda

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

HEY!!!!! New York New York a Hell of a town................

We had such a great time, it was wonderful to meet everyone, I can't name them all now (Joy has a list ) but I wanted to say hi to all of you!!! I'm soo dead tired everyone here wore me out today we walked all over NY, what a fabulas city.

Well I'm off for now ........

Ven

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Thanks for your updates...we can get a sense of your exhileration!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

woohoo safe - anxiously waiting your return home

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

I LOVE NYC, wish I could have been there. My Father-in-Law lives in Brooklyn, my wife could have taken us EVERYWHERE. Darned work schedules. THANKS for being there guys.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

All those who participated in the NYC March really ROCK! You ARE our heroes .. and the HEROES of all the little lambs!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit