March in Opposition?

by comforter 46 Replies latest jw friends

• comforter
    comforter

We regret the abuse of young children whether inside outside God's organization. But marching against Jehovah is not the answer to these problems. Those who oppose God will never suceed. Bowen should reconsider march and work back to get in organization. Wrong is he.

comfy

• Funchback
    Funchback

comforter...

That was REALLY corny!

Thanks for the hearty laugh, though!

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Are you Comforter/Yoda..."Wrong is he."

All you need is the reflective Yoda HmmmMmMmm afterwards.

ash

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Comfy Hello

No one is marching against God. They are marching to WTS an earthly organization about abuse. This has nothing to do with God. It has to do with protecting children and a policy that should not be applied in the case of abuse

Now what part of the

WTS does not equal God

do you not understand

• expatbrit
    expatbrit
    Wrong is he.

This is the kind of English up with which we will not put. - Winston Churchill

Expatbrit

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

so...if marching against pedophilia is marching against God...then Comf is saying God is FOR pedophilia and for us to mind our own damn business down here. Is that about it Comf? Your god sucks then.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

So just who is wrong here???

Bowen and Anderson who spent more than 10 years bringing to the attention of the Governing Body that putting little kids in "confrontations" is basically a re-rape of the child and that it should stop based on the JWs own mental health experts?

Or the Society who ignored the warning calls from their own experts back in the early 1990s and have continued to let little kids be hurt?

This of course is just one example of the many problems?

Quite frankly Comforter, I just don't know how people like you could live with yourself. Knowing full well that these Judicial Committees (confrontations) are extremely wrong. And knowing JWs, like you, still to this day support people like Daniel Fitwater who was found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt for 4 child rapes (note to file - he actually did at least 17 rapes in Nevada and Florida).

Finally no one is opposing God. Bill and Barb are opposing a bunch of old men who care more about power and control than protecting little innocent kids - a major difference that you can't face. For if you did - you would not be a JW anymore.

hawk

Edited by - hawkaw on 27 September 2002 9:10:2

Edited by - hawkaw on 27 September 2002 9:13:25

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Comf.????????????

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a peaceful march where the people have gotten the necessary permits to do so, and where the local government is advised.

This march is to bring attention to a very serious situation. When there is injustice, people tend to blame god, but this march is not "against" god. This march is against the WTBTS and the injustice of their behavior regarding the SilentLambs. Of course, the WTBTS is going to tell their followers that this IS against Jehovah and his organization, and that all of this is fulfilling prophecy. This stance is nothing new, except, now it comes from within their own ranks.

If there is a power greater than we are, watching and listening, perhaps now would be a very good time to step up to the plate..........and pay attention to these heartfelt human pleadings, and make certain the world hears their petitions, and there is a good result. It feel it is going to bring about a change for the WTBTS.

I am waiting anxiously to hear what happens. I hope someone will keep us posted, and I'm thinking as I write this that someone may already be doing just that.

Sentinel/Karen

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

When the society hands down a directive, they claim to speak directly for God; when they are called on their numerous mistakes, they suddenly remember that they are not directly inspired. When their egregious lack of concern for little children leads to organized efforts to force them to make common-sense changes, the protesters are now protesting against Jehovah.

Notice how quickly your false analogy was spotted here. Slyly inserting the society in place of Jehovah, and vice versa, may work with Witnesses who have been taught not to think critically, to ignore their own conscience, and to ignore their heart when something just doesn't sound right, but it won't work here.

I'm aware that you're trolling for reactions, but I think lurking dubs-n-doubters will see your behavior and recognize the same tricks the next time they ask an honest question about some nonsensical doctrine or pharisaical rule, and a shifty elder tries to equate it with questioning/challenging God Himself.

Hmmm

• greven
    greven

I fully agree, Sentinel!

I am very keen on being updated too. here in the Netherlands few people have even heared about the issue and even less media coverage!

GO LAMBS!!!!!

greven.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit