I Think That I Chose My Parents.

by Englishman 124 Replies latest jw friends

• perfectpie
    perfectpie

Dark,>Heavy down pour. liked the quotes. I am not all empirical. I won't congrue with the ignorant part though. The rude and thoughtless, maybe. and for that I was wrong especially if it grated already chared feelings. But 4 the ignorant; I do have an educated and thought out opinion, perhaps wrong, but not sprayed thoughtlessness. I believe emotions and the inner workings of our Body can replace and hide much hurt and pain, whether of the physical or mental. Maybe you too have remnants of the Borg insidiously finding its way out into the world. R u like captain Bicard?

To the rest, is it easier to attack the doubter then the doubt, or is it easier only when you can't attack the doubt. Really maybe we should find the beauty in this life. "Trumpets blew, and angels flew on the other side, and you dear is all I see" 3.14

• mommy
    mommy

TW,
    I knew you would come through for us When I arrived in North Carolina to live...I was home. I spent alot of time just walking in the woods and exploring. Like you I also had chills a few times. And then there was the time when I was about 10 when we went to Fort Ticonderogga in NY. I was physically crying because of being there. I also heard screams and cries, and felt such fear and dread in this place it was scary. But being a Jw then I thought I was possessed by demons and kept humming Kingdom songs. Thanks for sharing your experience I had almost forgotten about this happening.
    Perfect pies,
    When you learn to speak in a language we can understand, I will be reading your posts
    Englishman,
    I have never read any books on this subject. Are there any others that you can suggest? Thanks for the thread btw.
    wendy

• unanswered
    unanswered

perfect-i made it a point NOT to attack any doubters. i think it was obvious that i respect your right to think as you will. i only asked that those who do doubt be respectful of those who don't. i don't need to argue this topic with anyone-it's a very personal belief. while i do think you have an educated opinion(i'm not going to say you don't because we don't agree), i think the way you expressed that opinion wasn't very kind. i don't want there to be any rules, i was just expressing my own thought that all views should be shown respect.-nate

• Englishman
    Englishman

Wendy,

When I first became aware that we may well have a "6 th sense", I went to a workshop that taught me all about the "Chakra`s".

Chakra`s are energy centres in various part of the body and can influence our health and emotions.Each chakra is deemed to have its own colour, so sometimes, just meditating on a colour can produce a good result.

Here`s a link: http://members.tripod.com/adm/popup/roadmap.shtml?member_name=chakras&path=a-files&client_ip=64.12.103.22&ts=985718525&ad_type=POPUP&id=1c93196a658b4a1316bcf2006bbea563

Englishman. Mmmm, try this one:
    site:www.spiritweb.org chakras

• JanH
    JanH

Didn't figure you for a new ager, Englishman. You been feeling well lately?

- Jan
    --
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen"
    -- Albert Einstein

• Englishman
    Englishman

Jan,

No, I`m not a New Ager, I`m not anything really. I just think that there is a place for all of this stuff in our lives, as long as we dont make too much of a big deal out of any particular belief. Some new age stuff is good, some is absolute twaddle.

Englishman.

• trevor
    trevor

Thanks for the thread Englishman,

I have enjoyed all the above posts. It is good to see so many people still open enough to truth after all they have been through. Our experience is the only real truth we have, and we should pursue it with all our sensitivity and emotional understanding. We have only glimpsed the true meaning of our existence and the wonders that are in store for us. I have more that I could add but right now I'm off to visit a few past lives for the evening.

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

Englishman,
    great topic......... one I haven t focused on much...but the spirit one well yesss for the last few months I have.......

Check out myss.com Caroline Myss
    She has written books about Anatomy of SPirit whcih is directly about chakras and managing of our own gift of SPirit.
    Energy Anatomy is also good about how the energy we have can be contaminated by negativity , guilt and lack of Forgivness.

My favorite tho is SPIRTUAL MADNESS _ Journey through the dark Night of the SOul,,,,,, really good stuff iMHO

ANother wonderful thing I found was this thought

http://www.headless.org/introduction.html

by Douglas Harding. His version of life is fascinating in that our AWARENESS is timeless, our bodies may not be but the window you look out of is........check out his experiments.

quite the thing

caio~

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

I was discussing similar subjects awhile ago with Amicus. (Where IS he, BTW? Anyone know?)

I remember one night that my husband was planning to go out. I had a very bad feeling about it, and asked him not to leave. He went anyway. I was sitting on the couch reading, when at 8:30 p.m. I KNEW he had had an accident.

He came home around 10 p.m., and before he could say anything, I asked him about the accident and whether or not it had happened at 8:30. He was amazed, since he was just about to tell me about it.

Another time I had a dream about a JW I hadn't seen in about 20 years. In this dream I was standing under a large shade tree planted alongside a dirt road that lead to mountains in the distance. Bill was walking down the road toward me, and when he reached the tree, he stopped. I asked him why he was there. He replied, "I've just come to say goodbye." He then turned and walked back down the road toward the mountains.

The dream was quite vivid and rather disturbing. I couldn't understand why I had it about Bill. We had never been particularly close, and he was not old...only 41...at the time. I couldn't forget it, however.

Several weeks later, I was talking to my friend who was still pretty much active, but who deigned to talk with me. During the course of our conversation, she mentioned that Bill R. had died very unexpectedly, and that everyone was pretty much in shock. I asked her when he had died. The time of his death coincided with my dream.

• dark clouds
    dark clouds

Jelly: The poem was found in a book by Douglas Monroe titled
    The 21 Lessons of Merlyn (a study in Druid magic & lore) p.35

i found an interesting link at a post started by tallyman
    http://www.premier1.net/~raines/articles.html/

once there scroll down to the second set of pages and click on:
    the power of the mind

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit